Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harley from both companies look equally disappointing, and when they say digital painting. They did not mentioned about using the artist's face or expression, only expressions and delicate paint which is unable to produced by tampon printing. (Which I assume all companies still uses this.)

awfawfawf.jpg

Oh, I see, they are doing digital, nice, maybe..

SHF have been slipping up with theirs recently, I've seen several wonky Harleys and zombie eyed Hans. Let's hope Mafex can stay on top of theirs.

Is unfair to use bad pics as example. SHF Harley Quinn's portrait is far better than the MAFEX one, just watch some reviews of both and the debate ends up right now.
You know, when a SHF figure has flaws, go and tell it. When a MAFEX has flaws, go and tell it. Don't have to constantly compare both companies, that's like Sony vs Microsoft, Marvel vs DC, Sega vs Nintendo... I think that's not the way.

Rey looks quite good...

MAFEX digital printing is getting really good... there is still hope for this line.

Finn doesn't look like the proto pics, but fine enough, I think.

Have a good monday!

The lighting they used is astrocious for Displaying Rey..I'm seeing Her being lighter in person. The article said this is a sample piece.

I think this might be a hit as far as 1/12 Rey is concerned :yess:

They said this their second digital print sculpt, what was the other :dunno

The lighting they used is astrocious for Displaying Rey..I'm seeing Her being lighter in person. The article said this is a sample piece.

I think this might be a hit as far as 1/12 Rey is concerned :yess:

They said this their second digital print sculpt, what was the other :dunno

The other was Harley Quinn.

My problem with Rey is that I don't see Daisy Ridley there, the figure looks like a cross between Natalie Portman and Winona Ryder. You can digitally print as much as you like, but, if the underlying likeness isn't there then it isn't going to help it. The Finn looks better, I do at least see John Boyega there.

My problem with Rey is that I don't see Daisy Ridley there, the figure looks like a cross between Natalie Portman and Winona Ryder. You can digitally print as much as you like, but, if the underlying likeness isn't there then it isn't going to help it. The Finn looks better, I do at least see John Boyega there.

I see Daisy Ridley there, but only her facial portrait.

The body is really the bad thing.
She is tinier and has narrower shoulders.
da821a3413019200569cccb82e2f84db88211185.jpg

I think majority of the misconception here is the term "Digital Printing".

sect03_thum01_en.jpg

Above is what Bandai's Tamashii Nations is utilising, I still believe that Mafex's digital printing is only for define printing of small details which is un-produceable by tampon printing.

The MAFEX Vader Episode III is due for release 04-25 according to the Medicom blog.

Back