Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same. I like BB8 just fine, but am hoping another, less pricey alternative may fit the bill. Maybe a black series Threepio and a Bandai BB8 model.

Want to delve into this or SH FA line, but can't decide. Love the cloth on this line.

both?

Man Kylo is SO much better in most regards than SHF it seems (even with my fully cloth mod), if only they'd show Rey with SHF and/or Mafex, cause I could go for Mafex for the new movies, only care about Kylo and Rey from TFA.

Ffs, **** all these Phasmas man, get Rey out there.:gah:

I wasn't very happy with the cape on my Mafex Darth Vader, so I decided to fix it so it has a more realistic drape to it.

I also converted a Mafex Stormtrooper into a Sandtrooper. I used parts from 3 different Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper figures to create this one. The Mafex, Bandai model kit & black series figures.

Looks very Cool!

But what did you do with the vader's cape man?

Man Kylo is SO much better in most regards than SHF it seems (even with my fully cloth mod), if only they'd show Rey with SHF and/or Mafex, cause I could go for Mafex for the new movies, only care about Kylo and Rey from TFA.

Ffs, **** all these Phasmas man, get Rey out there.:gah:

Agreed!

Po'd from BBTS. 64$ not sure if i should from Hlj. (think it's about the same shipping)

It's like $46 before shipping from HLJ, even with the $10 shipping it's a lot cheaper.

Pro tip: for imports, use BBTS as the last resort :lecture:

^Can't stress that point enough. The Japanese sites are much cheaper and if you absolutely must use an American site, there's always cheaper than BBTS. Overrated imo (if you live in the US of course)

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I ordered ESB Fett, it will be my first Mafex. Thinking it should turn out pretty good, own the old Boba and Jango 1/6 and they still hold up really well today off to the side. (height)

It's like $46 before shipping from HLJ, even with the $10 shipping it's a lot cheaper.

Pro tip: for imports, use BBTS as the last resort :lecture:

^Can't stress that point enough. The Japanese sites are much cheaper and if you absolutely must use an American site, there's always cheaper than BBTS. Overrated imo (if you live in the US of course)

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Yeah, good idea just ordered Ren from HLJ. (looks so damn good)

While lots of other companies have done this, I really think the C-3PO and BB-8 2 pack should have been Rey and BB-8. We already have a 3PO coming, and I really want a good Rey in this scale to be made.

Basically I'm passing on the 2 pack, but if it was Rey and BB-8 it would be an instant preorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently got my Vader in and I love it! I love figures where I can get lots of fun poses for photography and with a bendy wire cape, 5 sets of hands, unmasked head and battle damaged wrist, and smooth articulation, I couldn't ask for more. The price is right too. Probably the best 6" Vader on the market right now.
052c188c2f11ac517e9cbcf13f952011.jpg

Anyways, I've been thinking about getting the original Stormtrooper as well. Is that figure just as good as Vader? Is there a better 6" Stormtrooper on the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Im new on here but been collecting a few star wars line myself.

Recently got a Mafex Vader. Anybody know if I can separate the upper armor from the lower body? Or anybody know if we could take apart the figure into several pieces? Will it be dangerous?

Thanks in advance!

Here are some of my Vader shot.

I've seen a pic on the SHF thread where one has been taken apart at the waist. I wondered if you could swap the SHF upper body onto the Mafex lower body. I was surprised, following Fwoosh's review, where he broke the peg on Vader's helmet and it fitted better, that more people didn't do it. Here is his review which includes the video:

https://thefwoosh.com/2015/10/medicom-mafex-star-wars-darth-vader-review

I have a Vader on the way in the next few days so I'll let you all know what I think. The main USP for me was his height in relation to the SHF Luke, one of which I plan to get next week. I want them to duel, something I've wanted to do since I was a nipper!

I really like the Mafex Kylo Ren, but will only get him if SHF do Rey as I bet the heights will be spot on again.

I've seen a pic on the SHF thread where one has been taken apart at the waist. I wondered if you could swap the SHF upper body onto the Mafex lower body. I was surprised, following Fwoosh's review, where he broke the peg on Vader's helmet and it fitted better, that more people didn't do it. Here is his review which includes the video:

https://thefwoosh.com/2015/10/medicom-mafex-star-wars-darth-vader-review

I have a Vader on the way in the next few days so I'll let you all know what I think. The main USP for me was his height in relation to the SHF Luke, one of which I plan to get next week. I want them to duel, something I've wanted to do since I was a nipper!

I really like the Mafex Kylo Ren, but will only get him if SHF do Rey as I bet the heights will be spot on again.

Wouldnt swapping the lower body make him shorter as I noticed the legs is what made mafex vader taller.
I ordered the mafex kylo sometime back, figured rey will come sooner or later following ep VIII. In the meantime, got myself Custom repainted Rey and Finn to keep mafex kylo company when its released.

image.jpg

I meant using the Mafex legs for height and then the Figuarts upper body. It'd depend on the joints as to what would mate up. Still, I think the Mafex will be all the Vader I need, if he gets here that is. We had a bank holiday last week and that has mucked up delivery schedules, hopefully it'll get here today.

Back