Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

It's great even without mods. I don't know why people so excessively mod things on this forum, but that's what they do. Go to any of the Batman figure threads by Hot Toys and it's full of people modding and trying to sell capes and what not. I say go for this figure it's great don't worry about the mods. Some people are just never satisfied and need to feel like they contributed somehow to a product. That or they just want more internet points by showing off their customs in these threads.

It's great even without mods. I don't know why people so excessively mod things on this forum, but that's what they do. Go to any of the Batman figure threads by Hot Toys and it's full of people modding and trying to sell capes and what not. I say go for this figure it's great don't worry about the mods. Some people are just never satisfied and need to feel like they contributed somehow to a product. That or they just want more internet points by showing off their customs in these threads.

Quite insightful. Thanks a bunch. :clap

I have several HT, Medicom and DC Direct Batman figures. So I guess I need to find this now at a price I'm happy with.

I like them, got both for under $200. Here's a quick crappy picture. Still futzing for a pose.
6C5B24D2-3BCD-4A72-9ABB-3F428BA0D8B0-656-000000D74FB28C94_zps8bbccc65.jpg

Personnaly I modded this figure cause I didn't liked the way it came out of the box. Proportions were weird and not well balaned IMO.

But it's a matter of opinion. I felt like it looked very cheap but to each his own.

Modding a figure is part of the fun for me more than just buy someting and display it as it is.

Hope they do Supes.

That's the first thought that came to my mind once they put up pics of Catwoman and Harley. The Sideshow comic Superman looks great but non-descript. A Jim Lee version done by the masters, just look at Link, would be incredible. Maybe a few swappable parts like glaring red eyes would really bring a Hush Superman together.

I want to share some pics of my Medicom Batman that I repainted, bulked up, and refitted with a new cape and belt. Added a display base as well. Always felt that Batman visiting a loved one's grave (Jason Todd, etc etc) was a powerful image.

IMG_7281s.png

where did the base come from? I like that look.

Just got mine in today. Overall I am a little disappointed with it. The body proportions are horrible and I can't believe it didn't come with any accessories, not even a batarang. I love the head sculpt though. Still on the fence about keeping it.

I don't mod anything. I wouldn't begin to try.

I've been on the fence about this figure since it was first announced. I like it, but not for the price. After reading pages upon pages in this thread, there seems to be a good amount of love for this figure, at the same time, so many people are moding it. If this figure is so loved, why mod it? And for someone who doesn't mod, should I bother getting it?
Either you like what you see or you don't. No one can tell you if YOU will be happy with it. Only you can decide that. For what I paid for it I'm happy with it even with its wonky proportions. That may change down the line and may decide to modify it. Who knows and who cares.

Who really cares why people modify figures. They paid for them and can do what they please with them. I'll choose to click, look, and/or respond.

Personnaly I modded this figure cause I didn't liked the way it came out of the box. Proportions were weird and not well balaned IMO.

But it's a matter of opinion. I felt like it looked very cheap but to each his own.

Modding a figure is part of the fun for me more than just buy someting and display it as it is.

And you my friend, continue to do the fantastic work you do.:clap
I find working on a figure very relaxing and enjoyable. I'm currently working on an SS Hellboy inspired by a fellow boardie's work. Nowhere near Elvis' level of work.:monkey2

Got mine today, just a bit too disproportional right out of the box, otherwise i love it. Waiting on a true type narrow body to switch him with, stay tuned for pics!

Installed the body today and it looks much better. Will post pics later on.

Hope you post pics soon, debating getting this my self!

just saw that TFAW has batman and joker at $120.00 each. sweet price but i think i'll hold out for the 1/6 sideshow ones.

BBTS also has them on clearance. If this get's to $100 shipped, I think I'd want a 3rd one to maybe custom a bit.

I want to share some pics of my Medicom Batman that I repainted, bulked up, and refitted with a new cape and belt. Added a display base as well. Always felt that Batman visiting a loved one's grave (Jason Todd, etc etc) was a powerful image.

IMG_7281s.png

IMG_7326s.png

This looks incredible. The paint is nice and smooth. I feel like if I painted something like that you'd see streaks. Great pics too. Well done.

Almost make it tempting. :lol

Not only do you sound condescending and rude but you're wrong.

Thank you. :exactly:

And God forbid you actually share with the forum with what you've done you might be asking for internet points.

Please.

Back