Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

I like these figures as comic's versions, but Batman's legs do look a bit too skinny... is that the way the character is drawn? Looks very odd, very anime-style.
As for Medicom's quality, other than their older brittle bodies, I've never had any issues with their stuff, they always seem to use top quality materials.

I have Bats pre-ordered. I saw pics of these last year in HK.

It's great to have a more stylized 1/6 Bats. Getting pretty tired of all the Nolan DK figures. That's why I love the 89 HT Bats.

I don't and never did understand the hatred for Medicom. I have more Medicom figures in my collection that HT - and have had none of the issues that people claim with them (brittle bodies and cheap materials). Their human form figures are definitely not as good as HT, but they nail almost every single anime or cartoon stylized figure.
I don't think Medicom figures are that overpriced. And I don't care much about the whole scale issue.

Passing on the Joker figure - but only because I don't particularly like the design of that joker from the storyline. The figure looks just like him imo.

:exactly:

Those who think Medicom uses cheap materials, etc. should get your hands on at least one of the Medicom Project BM! Kamen Rider figures. Quality of the tailoring of those figures are amazing. And people who know me know I'm really picky about the look of the tailoring on figures.

And for 1/6 representation of cartoonish or anime characters - favorite of my collection is what Medicom did with their recent Captain Harlock and Space Pirate Cobra figures.

You basically have to decide if you are a collector of figures. Or a collector of a specific company. I'm a collector of specific character figures - I don't really care what company makes them.

:goodpost:

That's how I see it. If I want a figure based on a cartoon or comic/manga, I'm looking at Medicom. I have all of the Dragonball Z, Fist of the Northstar and some of the JoJo figures and they are dead on. They even made bodies specific to the characters, like Kenshiro is close the 13" tall with fully new sculpted armes, upper and lower torso and legs. Son Gokou is shorter with unique arms and chest. They all have a dead on likesness for all of these characters. Now look at the Lupin line. It's insane how many characters they did for that series. They made like 5 different Fujiko's.
I also love that this is based on the comic. Finally, a comic based Batman. If Young Justice or Thundercats were made 1/6 scale I'd want Medicom to do the figures. They already proved they are the best company for the job.

I find that I enjoy the hobby much better if I don't get too ____ about this company versus that company.

$50 figs?? come on now, im no fan of Medicom, but thats kinda harsh.

I love Medicom!!!(there marvel stuff). There comic version of wolverine is the best ever made IMO. Looking forward to this version as well as HT Arkham figure.:clap:clap

Yeh I had thought that too, but I think it will still look too small overall.

Sure you could make it win though. :)

I pose my HT marvel figs with my Medicom ones, and they are the same height, and Medicom figs are more muscular then the HTs.

I find that I enjoy the hobby much better if I don't get too ____ about this company versus that company.

It's the "sports fan" mentality. I find it all too juvenile.

Whether it's DC, Sideshow, HT, Medi, or Mattel, if it's Batman and I like it, I buy.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

That's how I see it. If I want a figure based on a cartoon or comic/manga, I'm looking at Medicom. I have all of the Dragonball Z, Fist of the Northstar and some of the JoJo figures and they are dead on. They even made bodies specific to the characters, like Kenshiro is close the 13" tall with fully new sculpted armes, upper and lower torso and legs. Son Gokou is shorter with unique arms and chest. They all have a dead on likesness for all of these characters. Now look at the Lupin line. It's insane how many characters they did for that series. They made like 5 different Fujiko's.
I also love that this is based on the comic. Finally, a comic based Batman. If Young Justice or Thundercats were made 1/6 scale I'd want Medicom to do the figures. They already proved they are the best company for the job.

Yep I think you nailed it spot on. :exactly:

I'll probably pick up The Joker, I'm in the minority that didn't mind the Jim Lee Joker look, and this looks to be a pretty damn good representation of that.

Never actually purchased a Medicom figure before, but I'm not a brand whore, I just buy what I like and what personally appeals to me and meets my own standards, so if I can scrounge the spare cash after seeing what SDCC brings I might well drop a pre-order on Joker. The Hush Batman is nice too, but Joker is more a character obsession for me than Batman is, plus I think Jokers proportions work better for his figure than Batman's does (the skinny legs and barrel chest on Bats just don't quite work for me) so if I bite that's the one I'll bite on.

I do think the price is a bit high for comic based figures though, all the same. But the market does what the market does, and we either bite or pass.

Last edited:

Not very flattering pics here. Bats' legs look even worse and Joker's arm looks like a rag doll.

Still playing catch up. & I gotta totaly agree here. Know what fellas.....if Medicom if gonna charge HT prices then I say they should be held to the same critique. HT MAKES CHANGES WHEN THE FAN BOARDS POINT OUT OBVIOUS FLAWS.

Medicom need to offer a better body point blank! Other wise.....drop the price too....$100.00 MSRP

It's the "sports fan" mentality. I find it all too juvenile.
Well, you guys can infer motivations all you want. My POV comes from disproportionately bad first hand experience with the things. I'm only gonna touch a hot stove so many times. And frankly, I've never had a Medi figure that felt genuinely "high end" to the extent that they justified their price tag (Jack Bauer, Indiana Jones, Naked Snake, Spiderman (take your pick of which one), Punisher, most of the Dark Knight figures, Kaneda, etc.). Sadly, SSC doesn't produce what I feel are $150-200 1/6 scale figures, either, though they are starting to price them that way (and will lose some of my business because of it).

If you really like Medi products, that's cool. I know they must be very popular in Japan (considering that there is very little support for their RAH products here in the states, but they continue to be made) so there is some genuine appeal out there. But their figures have had some clear and pervasive issues in the past, relating to paint apps, awkward body types (an issue with this Batman), tailoring of clothing, lack of accessories, overall feelings of cheapness, and most importantly, quality concerns. They do have a certain style and charm to them in some instances, which I get, but for the price! I collect Medicom's Kubricks, which are also ridiculously overpriced and are prone to quality issues of their own, so I can empathize with you :lol

Last edited:

Found more pictures on the Toy-World forum:

1206241316d35bfd71ae07b1bb.jpg

12062413169c67f5a773816f3e.jpg

1206241316758f3b0345be2e12.jpg
t.

As I previously mentioned, I own about 25 medicom 1/6. I love them. But it's just batman is worth $165, then every hot toy should be worth well over $300

Wow, the outfits look pretty ill fitting in those shots. Wonder if they can be futzed to look better, or if it's just a case of the tailoring and sizing just being sub-standard.

If a new body is not revealed by November & Medicom has shown they are willing to listen to their fans, then I will have no choice but to dump my pre order. HT has set the bar so effing high its a whole new game these days.

BBTS has them both up for $164.99 right now

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=hush+medicom

haven't seen figures this cheap in a long while! sad that I'm saying $164.99 is cheap :slap

Thats funny cause I checked these out the day they went up for pre-order at bbts and they were priced at 189.00, now they dropped the price to 164.99 in a day or two..... strange... that price is alittle more reasonable though. Maybe if I wait a couple more days it will drop again:pray::lol I have three medicom figures in my collection, goku, coldwar snake, and one of the guys from crows worst. All have been put back in boxes a week or two after receving them, not that they are bad figures just did not wow me. I may give them another try with this batman since the price dropped and it does look pretty cool... maybe:dunno

I have most of the Marvel and DC 1/6 Medicom RAH

BATMAN BEGINS BATMAN
BLADE
CARNAGE
CYCLOPS
DARK KNIGHT BRUCE WAYNE
DARK KNIGHT JOKER
GENE SIMMONS
GHOST RIDER
HOSTEL
JIG SAW
MAGNETO
PAUL STANLEY
PUNISHER
SPIDERMAN 2
SPIDERMAN 3 - BLACK SUITED SPIDERMAN
SPIDERMAN 3 - PETER PARKER
SPIDERMAN 3 - SPIDERMAN
SPIDERMAN 3 - VENOM
SYMBIOTE SPIDERMAN
VENOM
VENOM AS PUNISHER
WOLVERINE ( LAST STAND )

I bought them all off ebay or traded for them. I paid as little as $30 for Magneto and as much $110 for Comic Symbiote Spidey and Batman Begins.

Do anyone know much did they originally retail for?

Those comic Spideys were around $100 initially. Pretty sure the Magneto/Punisher/Venom/Carnage/Wolverine/Blade/Cyclops were around the same price point.

Back