Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

RAH figures are usualy smaller than 12" check out comparisson pics on line there Stormtrooper next to a Sideshow Stormtrooper. there figures usualy come up shorter.

The new photos are not very good looking... mostly don't like the skinny legs on Bats and the suit just looks a bit ill fitting.

Not a bad price though if mid-town comics is accurate; definitely less than I would have expected.

RAH figures are usualy smaller than 12" check out comparisson pics on line there Stormtrooper next to a Sideshow Stormtrooper. there figures usualy come up shorter.

true, but those are on the older brittle bodies. I have the newest body and it's the same size as a HT figure in terms of height. still skinny though

I've actually got the DC Direct 6" versions of these two - great figures!

Less than zero interest in these Medicom ones..

Starting to appear on a few more websites.

This picture looks a little more hi-res

oiqCGi.jpg

The batman is nice but not 179.00 nice, I would pre-order this in the 120.00 range as thats all I see it being worth. I'm not hating on medicom but they just don't stack up in quality value for the money. They just have let the market down for so long and always charged out landish prices for medioaker items for so long. I know hot toys stuff has gone up inprice over the past three years but so has the quality where medicom has been extremly pricy for no good reason for so long. Does this even come with a baterang or any accessoires?

Sold. I'm all in. The first 1/6 scale comic accurate Batman and Joker and they are in the Jim Lee style. I couldn't ask for more. Hopefully Sideshow will be selling these. God bless Flex.

I love the superhero proportions. I love that Hot Toys figures are more or less like holding a real person in your hands with realistic proportions. I love that these are like 1/6 scale comic book characters with comic proportions. That seems to be Medicom's specialty. They've done it before.

If Sideshow's versions are as good or better I'll get those too. As I sit here playing Lego Batman I realize you can't have too much Batman.

i really want a jim lee batman and as hard as i try to convince myself 'this is it!', the pictures tell me otherwise.

i want to order this figure but it just doesn't look that good.

true, but those are on the older brittle bodies. I have the newest body and it's the same size as a HT figure in terms of height. still skinny though

:lecture My Severus Snape is the exact same size as a Hot Toys figure, which worked out perfectly because they put Harry on the smaller RAH body.

This Batman is pretty cool. Medicom should be comended for doing something different, instead of people all moaning about the price, which is equal or lower than anything Hot Toys has revealed of late.

:lecture My Severus Snape is the exact same size as a Hot Toys figure, which worked out perfectly because they put Harry on the smaller RAH body.

This Batman is pretty cool. Medicom should be comended for doing something different, instead of people all moaning about the price, which is equal or lower than anything Hot Toys has revealed of late.

Maybe so but the figure is not the same quality, does not come with any accessiores, and there is no big movie licence to pay for or actors likeness, therefore is not worth the same price. I do like the figure but it is not worth nearly 200 bucks.

I feel like mentioning licensing is irrelevant. This is based off an artist variation so who knows how much they had to actually pay for the license, but regardless that doesn't matter at all on the figure itself. The value is as you see fit. In the end we are looking at most companies now charging around $180-$200 for their 1/6 figures and that's all that it really boils down to. Again in regards to accessories it depends on how you look at it. Hot Toys tends to have the most accessories on their figures but I find they also tend to have the most unneeded or pointless accessories too, and often times this seems to just be an excuse to charge more for what isn't worth it (see almost every DX release as an example of this). Medicom is too light on accessories usually yeah I would agree, but what matters is if they are including all that they should. As for quality at least wait for actual in hand pictures from reviewers and fans before knocking them on the quality whose to say how the actual cape and body material feel when you hold them. Yeah Batman's legs are skinny, but you know what Black Widow's arms look ridiculously skinny in the newest pictures of the Hot Toys release, but when posing properly a lot of these things are not apparent. No companies perfect.

I love medicom 1/6 figures. I have @ 25. But I paid an average of @ $60 for each. And if you have medicom and hot toys, then you are familiar with the difference in quality, in every way.

I feel like mentioning licensing is irrelevant. This is based off an artist variation so who knows how much they had to actually pay for the license, but regardless that doesn't matter at all on the figure itself. The value is as you see fit. In the end we are looking at most companies now charging around $180-$200 for their 1/6 figures and that's all that it really boils down to. Again in regards to accessories it depends on how you look at it. Hot Toys tends to have the most accessories on their figures but I find they also tend to have the most unneeded or pointless accessories too, and often times this seems to just be an excuse to charge more for what isn't worth it (see almost every DX release as an example of this). Medicom is too light on accessories usually yeah I would agree, but what matters is if they are including all that they should. As for quality at least wait for actual in hand pictures from reviewers and fans before knocking them on the quality whose to say how the actual cape and body material feel when you hold them. Yeah Batman's legs are skinny, but you know what Black Widow's arms look ridiculously skinny in the newest pictures of the Hot Toys release, but when posing properly a lot of these things are not apparent. No companies perfect.

Ok, I am not sure about the licence thing myself so I will give you that, as far as companys charging 180+ for there 1:6 figures theres only three that do, hot toys, enterbay, and medicom. The issue is that medicom have been charging this price for many years now with no reason for it, they have put out figures that were too short out of scale, brittle, and overall inferier products, that is why they have not been popular for some time now. Accessoies is always nice to get and adds to display options but your mileage may vary, but I don't see even a baterang with this guy and that is a fail. Skinny legs or arms on figures happen for all companys like you say no ones perfect. In the end I am glad medicom is starting to get better with there products and this figure is nice like I said before just not 200+ shipped nice IMO.

Ok, I am not sure about the licence thing myself so I will give you that, as far as companys charging 180+ for there 1:6 figures theres only three that do, hot toys, enterbay, and medicom.

Actually ACI has skirted those ranks with its unlicensed Maximus figure. The iminime unlicensed Selene figure is $160.

And Medicom faces an issue outside of its control. China (PRC) uses an artificially fixed exchange rate set by the government specifically with the intent of making its goods cost competitive in the export market. Hot Toys and Enterbay can rely upon that policy.

The Yen in contrast is a currency whose exchange rate is set by the free market. Even if Medicom lowered its actual prices, the prices might go up for non-Japanese customers due to exchange rate fluctuations. In fact that is exactly what has happened in recent years, with the Yen being very strong against Western currencies.

I have Bats pre-ordered. I saw pics of these last year in HK.

It's great to have a more stylized 1/6 Bats. Getting pretty tired of all the Nolan DK figures. That's why I love the 89 HT Bats.

I don't and never did understand the hatred for Medicom. I have more Medicom figures in my collection that HT - and have had none of the issues that people claim with them (brittle bodies and cheap materials). Their human form figures are definitely not as good as HT, but they nail almost every single anime or cartoon stylized figure.

I don't think Medicom figures are that overpriced. And I don't care much about the whole scale issue.

Passing on the Joker figure - but only because I don't particularly like the design of that joker from the storyline. The figure looks just like him imo.

Those who think Medicom uses cheap materials, etc. should get your hands on at least one of the Medicom Project BM! Kamen Rider figures. Quality of the tailoring of those figures are amazing. And people who know me know I'm really picky about the look of the tailoring on figures.

And for 1/6 representation of cartoonish or anime characters - favorite of my collection is what Medicom did with their recent Captain Harlock and Space Pirate Cobra figures.

You basically have to decide if you are a collector of figures. Or a collector of a specific company. I'm a collector of specific character figures - I don't really care what company makes them.

Pre-ordered the Bat. He was the definition of badass in that storyline.

Are these already on pre-order? Where
did you pre-order from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back