Medicom finally pulls off a good sculpt.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Darren on the paint issue. If Medicom could step it up in that department it would be nice. They do come out with nice sculpts like Jackman, Neo and Trinity but they get ruined by those horrendous paint jobs.

My Wolvy was one of the worst Medicom paint jobs but one of the best sculpts.

I agree with Darren on the paint issue. If Medicom could step it up in that department it would be nice. They do come out with nice sculpts like Jackman, Neo and Trinity but they get ruined by those horrendous paint jobs.

My Wolvy was one of the worst Medicom paint jobs but one of the best sculpts.

I totally understand where you're coming from. And if pushed I'd say 99% of the time the paint is the deciding factor in a likeness.
But, and I'm going to contradict myself here, I also really like Medi's approach sometimes, it's a far more minimalist aesthetic that works better for some than others, and the translucence of the plastic used on the head sculpts looks great when the sculpting is strong. Enterbay use a similar type of finish.
But there's no denying the paint on things like HT's POTC figures and loads of the custom work you'll see around here and over in places like OSW can lift a good sculpt to something extraordinary.
I'm as guilty of this as anyone, when I write a review I end up comparing what appears to be like for like, but really they're not, these companies offer different things..
Basically who's the best artist Picasso, Turner, DeVinci, VanGough or Basquait?

Maybe they have done others. I don't know. It sure sounds like him. Why are we whispering?
2khr8w

Donald Sutherland??

Medicom has had lots of great sculpts. Just like Sideshow. But they both Also have there ****ty sculpts too. Same with Hot Toys.:rolleyes:

The chin is too long,but what I can't understand is why somebody would want a Keifer Sutherland action figure?:rotfl:rotfl

Not sure if I´m the only one that thinks this way, but it seems to me that some medicom are just about clothes and head sculpt, like if the final product was not important.

I think the plastic head is the worst problem (not enought paint), but that neck joint is also terrible, and not to mention the hands of most of those figures. I´m not sure why they don´t at least put some details on their regular hands ?

I have a few of the armored star wars figures and they are superb in every detail.

As for Sideshow, I really enjoy their work (and I´m a fan since their Silver Screen Nosferatu), most of their figures are excelent, at least, in my opinion.

Never got any Hot Toys (some of their releases didn´t interested me, and the ones that I liked need assembling and I like to be able to put them back in their box (not enought room for all, need to keep rotating the exposed ones)), but I´m incline to get the Prison Break ones. They seem to be excelent.

I really want a Jack Bauer figure, but I think I´ll have to keep waiting for the next one (and I keep hoping that SST or HT does it).

The head sculp on Jack Shephard, from lost, seems to be a good one (at least in the prototype), sadly it seems to have the neck/hand problem. That´s a figure I´m not sure I´ll get yet (waiting to see the final product).

If the figure is has a regular human face, without mask or helmet, I´m always hoping for SST or HT to get it.

Not sure if I´m the only one that thinks this way, but it seems to me that some medicom are just about clothes and head sculpt, like if the final product was not important.

I think the plastic head is the worst problem (not enought paint), but that neck joint is also terrible, and not to mention the hands of most of those figures. I´m not sure why they don´t at least put some details on their regular hands ?

I have a few of the armored star wars figures and they are superb in every detail.

As for Sideshow, I really enjoy their work (and I´m a fan since their Silver Screen Nosferatu), most of their figures are excelent, at least, in my opinion.

Never got any Hot Toys (some of their releases didn´t interested me, and the ones that I liked need assembling and I like to be able to put them back in their box (not enought room for all, need to keep rotating the exposed ones)), but I´m incline to get the Prison Break ones. They seem to be excelent.

I really want a Jack Bauer figure, but I think I´ll have to keep waiting for the next one (and I keep hoping that SST or HT does it).

The head sculp on Jack Shephard, from lost, seems to be a good one (at least in the prototype), sadly it seems to have the neck/hand problem. That´s a figure I´m not sure I´ll get yet (waiting to see the final product).

If the figure is has a regular human face, without mask or helmet, I´m always hoping for SST or HT to get it.

I wish I had Batty's image of that guy pointing with his mouth open. :lol

Here is the typical "friendly" attitude that must draw so many new members here and makes them stay. :rolleyes:

First, the new member makes a "mistake" by breaking one of the cardinal sins of this board, by doing the heinous offense of "necroposting".

Second, the new member instead of being informed politely of what has occured, the new member is ridiculed and told to go elsewhere. :google way to go...

Thirdly, everyone relax. Many new members who first join or browse here usually do a search for what they may find interesting. Many people are also new to this hobby. They may be unaware that a figure has been discussed previously, this figure may have just caught the eye of the new collector just now.

There are still figures out there that only now catch my attention, and I find out that they are relatively old. If I need more information on that figure or something similar in subject , I would certainly do a search. Maybe have a comment on the subject also. Sometimes it is good to bring up the old figures, with so many new figures being released it is very easy to overlook the older gems hiding out there. :)

Try to be a bit more understanding and perhaps keep the snide remarks to a minimum.

Sorry to everyone.

It will not happen again. My mistake.

I´m used to post on a forum where the old threats are locked.

And thanks for the understading and nice attitude zedex9r.

Back