Medicom finally pulls off a good sculpt.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the typical "friendly" attitude that must draw so many new members here and makes them stay. :rolleyes:

First, the new member makes a "mistake" by breaking one of the cardinal sins of this board, by doing the heinous offense of "necroposting".

Second, the new member instead of being informed politely of what has occured, the new member is ridiculed and told to go elsewhere. :google way to go...

Thirdly, everyone relax. Many new members who first join or browse here usually do a search for what they may find interesting. Many people are also new to this hobby. They may be unaware that a figure has been discussed previously, this figure may have just caught the eye of the new collector just now.

There are still figures out there that only now catch my attention, and I find out that they are relatively old. If I need more information on that figure or something similar in subject , I would certainly do a search. Maybe have a comment on the subject also. Sometimes it is good to bring up the old figures, with so many new figures being released it is very easy to overlook the older gems hiding out there. :)

Try to be a bit more understanding and perhaps keep the snide remarks to a minimum.

i've been here over a year and still get this kind of crap, usually from the same guys. (you know who you are). this place is a lot like family. you know, that older brother that used to beat the shai out of you. :lol :lol :lol

Here is the typical "friendly" attitude that must draw so many new members here and makes them stay. :rolleyes:

First, the new member makes a "mistake" by breaking one of the cardinal sins of this board, by doing the heinous offense of "necroposting".

Second, the new member instead of being informed politely of what has occured, the new member is ridiculed and told to go elsewhere. :google way to go...

Thirdly, everyone relax. Many new members who first join or browse here usually do a search for what they may find interesting. Many people are also new to this hobby. They may be unaware that a figure has been discussed previously, this figure may have just caught the eye of the new collector just now.

There are still figures out there that only now catch my attention, and I find out that they are relatively old. If I need more information on that figure or something similar in subject , I would certainly do a search. Maybe have a comment on the subject also. Sometimes it is good to bring up the old figures, with so many new figures being released it is very easy to overlook the older gems hiding out there. :)

Try to be a bit more understanding and perhaps keep the snide remarks to a minimum.
Firstly, the attitude you speak of is pertaining to long standing members that have had enough of the annoyance derived from necroposting.

Secondly, any new member ought to take a look around, read the various stickies, and get a feel for the place first. The consequence of not doing so leads to these unfortunate encounters.

Thirdly, relax zed, because there are mods to handle what you might see as adverse posts. I would recommend you let the recipient of our comments have the first right of reply, rather than you speculate as to the numerous possibilities which may or may not account for his/her actions.

Starting your own thread is the best way to gain attention to any question or difficulties you may have.

I hope I don't have to explain myself to you every time I say something a little untoward that you don't happen to understand.

Sorry to everyone.
It will not happen again. My mistake.
I´m used to post on a forum where the old threats are locked.
And thanks for the understading and nice attitude zedex9r.

No need to apologise but thanks anyway. We do happen to understand, and no harm no foul. It was no biggie. Sorry if you found my post offensive. I think you handled it extremely well. No one is taking this personally. It's all a learning experience.

i've been here over a year and still get this kind of crap, usually from the same guys. (you know who you are). this place is a lot like family. you know, that older brother that used to beat the shai out of you. :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for your input t'erd. I would hope you could take the advice that you gave me and stay the hell out of my thread. Have a nice day.

I don't even understand why "necroposting" is offensive or bothersome... others ^^^^^ and moan when somebody starts a new topic on something that already has a topic... go figure.

Back