Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what you're saying is, if Hot toys made a figure, EXACTLY like medi's, it would be the best?

Why not just get Medi's?

No, I'm saying if they get right what Medicom did. Medicom's is flawed without the mods. HT should be able to deliver a figure of the modded/repainted/updated Medicom level or better.

I'm not spending the money for Medi's figure because I don't want to deal with the mods and I don't like the look of the portrait without them.

100% Agreed and beyond that, as good as the Medicom figure looks even with the mods there's still flaws. The missing strap from the chest armor to the shoulder armor, the shoulder armor not being attached and floating, the chest piece is still wrong. So as good as it looks.. there's still things that could be improved. So if HT can make a TDK Batman figure that looks just as good as the Medicom figure after being modified + fixes all the existing flaws witht he Medicom figure + adds some cool new acccesories, imo that will equal a superior figure. If all HT does is re-release their existing TDK figure just with new accessories, imo that will = a big old FAIL. :D

100% Agreed and beyond that, as good as the Medicom figure looks even with the mods there's still flaws. The missing strap from the chest armor to the shoulder armor, the shoulder armor not being attached and floating, the chest piece is still wrong. So as good as it looks.. there's still things that could be improved. So if HT can make a TDK Batman figure that looks just as good as the Medicom figure after being modified + fixes all the existing flaws witht he Medicom figure + adds some cool new acccesories, imo that will equal a superior figure. If all HT does is re-release their existing TDK figure just with new accessories, imo that will = a big old FAIL. :D

Yeah, that's so true. It would be a huge disappointment if HT releases the same figure with additional accessories. But something tells me that HT will do much more than that...

Yeah, that's so true. It would be a huge disappointment if HT releases the same figure with additional accessories. But something tells me that HT will do much more than that...

whining....dude Com Bats IS Batman! So what if they re release it with a better paint job and modded head with more accessories?

Actually with the sudden jump in detail etc from HT I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mass auction of soul selling at that company. :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol

all jokes aside, I think its more accurate to find out who medicom hired for this figure. Can anyone that has the figure find out who or which studio is listed on the box?

Haven't a clue. Kazujun has it though If I remember correctly. Maybe if he can take a pic of the credits on the box...

No, I'm saying if they get right what Medicom did. Medicom's is flawed without the mods. HT should be able to deliver a figure of the modded/repainted/updated Medicom level or better.

I'm not spending the money for Medi's figure because I don't want to deal with the mods and I don't like the look of the portrait without them.

Fair enough. but the biggest mod, which seems to be widening his head, looks pretty easy to do. And a good repaint of the mouth, and hey presto, bobs yer uncle etc!

I understand your reasons though, many people are waiting to see the DX aren;t they, ultimately it will probably prove worthwhile.

I have to admit though, that this figure is utter pants for standing on it's own. It would seem the boots are too curvy for a solid stance on any surface. Any bump and he goes.

At least this problem never happened with the HT TDK figure. Though the BB v2 was guilty of the shoddy ankle joints collapsing (not breaking) and falling.

I keep the figs in their stands anyway, for completeness so all is well. :)

Been messing around with my batty:

- Did head/Neck Mod
- Did Kazukijun's crazy cut up batty mod to improve looks and articulation.
- remove all padding from the legs/butt.
- lower belt position.
- Padded his torso a bit (above the abs to minimize the "slouching" look, and padded the sides of his torso, so he's a bit wider).

Pics (excuse the quality):
IMG_0410.jpg

He can crouch.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

He's currently waiting for a new cape.

I have to admit though, that this figure is utter pants for standing on it's own. It would seem the boots are too curvy for a solid stance on any surface. Any bump and he goes.

At least this problem never happened with the HT TDK figure. Though the BB v2 was guilty of the shoddy ankle joints collapsing (not breaking) and falling.

I keep the figs in their stands anyway, for completeness so all is well. :)

This is something I thought the Takara Batman got perfect. There was a flat piece screwed into the bottom of each boot on the Takara figure, so it stood easily.

I don't know if you own the figure, but are the boots on the Medi Batman similar to the Medicom MGS4 Old Snake? I had a lot of trouble getting him to stand without his display stands.

This is something I thought the Takara Batman got perfect. There was a flat piece screwed into the bottom of each boot on the Takara figure, so it stood easily.

I don't know if you own the figure, but are the boots on the Medi Batman similar to the Medicom MGS4 Old Snake? I had a lot of trouble getting him to stand without his display stands.

Takara has the best boot & feet design, stable & extremely poseable.
No other companies have been able to do what they do.

Been messing around with my batty:

- Did head/Neck Mod
- Did Kazukijun's crazy cut up batty mod to improve looks and articulation.
- remove all padding from the legs/butt.
- lower belt position.
- Padded his torso a bit (above the abs to minimize the "slouching" look, and padded the sides of his torso, so he's a bit wider).

Pics (excuse the quality):
IMG_0410.jpg

He can crouch.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

He's currently waiting for a new cape.

U have guts my friend!!!!
I didn't think anybody would be crazy enough to do my crazy mod.

Back