Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me Medicom are not the most respected 12"manufacturer, but this TDK Batman much better than the HT-guy!

The neck mod is apparently very easy to do, as there is a rubber 'sleeve' that fits over the neck part. You can just fill in the gap.

I just checked and you're right, it will be a very easy mod to do. And yeah after looking at my reference pics the neck is a tad slim, will adjust it when I get my head back from repainting, and once i've widening the head to my liking, so i know just how much to add in the neck area.

than surely you can give us the reasons why you like the Forever film in favour of the other 3?

Well, for one, it's not directed by Tim Burton. I hate his take on the Batman universe. His style fits some stories, like Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, etc. etc. To me, it doesn't fit Batman. They were basically Tim Burton movies with Batman occasionally wandering into frame looking lost.

Jack Nicholson played Joker in such an over the top, full-bore manner that he made Cesar Romero look understated by comparison. There were no layers, it was just all wacky, all the time. It was more Jack on a coke binge than Joker. I can't stand the portrayal. Penguin was an abomination. It seemed like they took what they should've done with Joker and just threw Penguin in there, for some reason. Catwoman was surprisingly decent, but unfortunately, Chris Walken and Andrew Bryniarski as the father/son Schreck duo were friggin' terrible.

Lets see...Batman killed pretty indiscriminately, Billy Dee Williams was Harvey Dent, Kim Basinger was slightly less annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard, Prince did the soundtrack, and in general, they were just miserable drivel with their only redeeming quality being Michael Keaton, who played a pretty good Bruce Wayne, and a pretty short Batman.

Forever, while no means a great movie, at least had a little fun with the premise, had what was probably the best Batsuit in the first 4 movies, and generally was a fun viewing experience, at least in comparison to the others. Out of the first 4, it's the closest to a comic book, which is why I had fun with it. If you're going to deviate so far from the source material, at least have a little fun with it. Burton's style just sucked all the life out of it and left me wondering what WB was thinking. Of course, Sam Hamm's original drafts were so much worse.

Well, for one, it's not directed by Tim Burton. I hate his take on the Batman universe. His style fits some stories, like Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, etc. etc. To me, it doesn't fit Batman. They were basically Tim Burton movies with Batman occasionally wandering into frame looking lost.

Jack Nicholson played Joker in such an over the top, full-bore manner that he made Cesar Romero look understated by comparison. There were no layers, it was just all wacky, all the time. It was more Jack on a coke binge than Joker. I can't stand the portrayal. Penguin was an abomination. It seemed like they took what they should've done with Joker and just threw Penguin in there, for some reason. Catwoman was surprisingly decent, but unfortunately, Chris Walken and Andrew Bryniarski as the father/son Schreck duo were friggin' terrible.

Lets see...Batman killed pretty indiscriminately, Billy Dee Williams was Harvey Dent, Kim Basinger was slightly less annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard, Prince did the soundtrack, and in general, they were just miserable drivel with their only redeeming quality being Michael Keaton, who played a pretty good Bruce Wayne, and a pretty short Batman.

Forever, while no means a great movie, at least had a little fun with the premise, had what was probably the best Batsuit in the first 4 movies, and generally was a fun viewing experience, at least in comparison to the others. Out of the first 4, it's the closest to a comic book, which is why I had fun with it. If you're going to deviate so far from the source material, at least have a little fun with it. Burton's style just sucked all the life out of it and left me wondering what WB was thinking. Of course, Sam Hamm's original drafts were so much worse.

I couldn't have explained it better. Burton's movies weren't very good batman enterpretations and he changed the stories. And jack was just jack not joker. just jack in make up

For me Medicom are not the most respected 12"manufacturer, but this TDK Batman much better than the HT-guy!

yeah they aren't always that good, but their TDK batman and symbiote spiderman were excellent along with their peter parker :)

I have big expectations for the HT DX02 Dark Knight, so I hope HT will come through.

I don't think HT can do it. the only thing worth it will be the included accessories probably. and mind you, MMS DX 1 hasn't even come out, and won't until december so don't get ancy or get your hopes up :bouncin

I couldn't have explained it better. Burton's movies weren't very good batman enterpretations and he changed the stories. And jack was just jack not joker. just jack in make up

The first Burton Batman movie, while still loved by many, definitely wasn't very true to the original comics... like how the Joker was not the one who killed Bruce's parents in the original story.

The first Burton Batman movie, while still loved by many, definitely wasn't very true to the original comics... like how the Joker was not the one who killed Bruce's parents in the original story.

Batman Forever and Batman Begins got it right. Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents in both movies which was great :D

:lol it's funny because almost all the points you made are exactly what I would say about both of the Joel Schumacher Batman films. Obviously just replacing names. Specifically for Batman Forever:

Well, for one, it's directed by Joel Schumacher. I hate his take on the Batman universe. Which is kinda weird because this is the same guy who directed The Client, Falling Down and Flatliners before he did Batman. To me, his decision to make things over the top and campy ruined the series (until the reboot with Chris Nolan). Batman Forever was basically an episode of "In Living Color" featuring ONLY Jim Carrey, acting like he always does with Batman occasionally wandering into frame looking lost.

Jim Carrey played Riddler in such an over the top, full-bore manner that he made Frank Gorshin look like he was sedated and in a coma by comparison. There were no layers, it was just all wacky, all campy all the time. It was more Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey than Riddler. Not to mention Jim basically did the same exact shtick in "The Mask" which came out the year before. I can't stand the portrayal.

Two-Face was an abomination. It seemed like they took what was done with Joker in the first film and just threw Two Face in there, for some reason. Not to mention, there's no difference between Riddler and Two-Face in that film. Every scene with those two together is like a contest to see who can overact the most and be the bigger ass clown. And every scene is a TIE. Terrible.

Nicole Kidman was surprisingly decent, but unfortunately, Debi Mazar and Drew Barrymore as the Sugar and Spice duo were friggin' terrible.

Lets see... Chris O'Donnel was more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard because they made him have teen angst even though he was obviously a grown ass man. Seriously, dude was like 25 and LOOKED IT.. he wasn't a kid. You can use as much suspension of disbelief as you want dude is still GROWN. Yet they still had him acting irrational and immature, and being taken in and taken care of by Bruce Wayne LIKE A KID (like in the comics). That's where all the gay talk surrounding this film stems from. That and the atrocious nipples on the Batman and Robin costumes.

U2 did the title track which was/is garbage, and in general, Batman Forever is miserable drivel with NO redeeming qualities. Not even with Val Kilmer as Batman since he just dialed it in. He wasn't happy with the script, the director or the direction of the movie (focusing on the Villains as opposed to Batman) so he played the role with absolutely no enthusism and it showed.

baby talk said:
Batman Forever and Batman Begins got it right. Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents in both movies which was great :D

Yeah too bad Forever got it wrong with Two-Face being responsible for the Grayson family being murdered. That's Jason Todd's aka the 2nd Robin's story. Not the first Robin (Grayson).

:lol it's funny because almost all the points you made are exactly what I would say about both of the Joel Schumacher Batman films. Obviously just replacing names. Specifically for Batman Forever:

Well, for one, it's directed by Joel Schumacher. I hate his take on the Batman universe. Which is kinda weird because this is the same guy who directed The Client, Falling Down and Flatliners before he did Batman. To me, his decision to make things over the top and campy ruined the series (until the reboot with Chris Nolan). Batman Forever was basically an episode of "In Living Color" featuring ONLY Jim Carrey, acting like he always does with Batman occasionally wandering into frame looking lost.

Jim Carrey played Riddler in such an over the top, full-bore manner that he made Frank Gorshin look like he was sedated and in a coma by comparison. There were no layers, it was just all wacky, all campy all the time. It was more Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey than Riddler. Not to mention Jim basically did the same exact shtick in "The Mask" which came out the year before. I can't stand the portrayal.

Two-Face was an abomination. It seemed like they took what was done with Joker in the first film and just threw Two Face in there, for some reason. Not to mention, there's no difference between Riddler and Two-Face in that film. Every scene with those two together is like a contest to see who can overact the most and be the bigger ass clown. And every scene is a TIE. Terrible.

Nicole Kidman was surprisingly decent, but unfortunately, Debi Mazar and Drew Barrymore as the Sugar and Spice duo were friggin' terrible.

Lets see... Chris O'Donnel was more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard because they made him have teen angst even though he was obviously a grown ass man. Seriously, dude was like 25 and LOOKED IT.. he wasn't a kid. You can use as much suspension of disbelief as you want dude is still GROWN. Yet they still had him acting irrational and immature, and being taken in and taken care of by Bruce Wayne LIKE A KID (like in the comics). That's where all the gay talk surrounding this film stems from. That and the atrocious nipples on the Batman and Robin costumes.

U2 did the title track which was/is garbage, and in general, Batman Forever is miserable drivel with NO redeeming qualities. Not even with Val Kilmer as Batman since he just dialed it in. He wasn't happy with the script, the director or the direction of the movie (focusing on the Villains as opposed to Batman) so he played the role with absolutely no enthusism and it showed.

Yeah too bad Forever got it wrong with Two-Face being responsible for the Grayson family being murdered. That's Jason Todd's aka the 2nd Robin's story. Not the first Robin (Grayson).

True but most people hate Jason Todd. He was a bad Robin. Even Batman The Animated Series (the greatest batman cartoon ever) used two face for killing Tim Drake's parents (maybe just dad) even though he wasn't even the the second Robin, but the third. Jason Todd sucks imo and he will most likely never appear in a film, he is a nuisance and more so when he comes back. He friggin posed as Nightwing, he sucks!! :duh

One more thing, he didn't look 25, he looked about 17. The Robin in BF was about 17, and looked it. It was a cool choice for Robin's age imo:family

DC really keeps reusing Jason Todd. I think he's now recycled as Hush? Ok, ok I know everyone's screaming "let's get back to the Medi Bats!"

DC really keeps reusing Jason Todd. I think he's now recycled as Hush? Ok, ok I know everyone's screaming "let's get back to the Medi Bats!"

yep he's hush now. pretty stupid right? and there isn't much to talk about with medi bats unless one of us orders one :monkey1

Back