Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally I've given up on HT as far as Bats goes. They can't do it :lol

It will be interesting to see how the HT DX02 Bats turn out. I love the quality and detail of the HT TDK, but too bad the facial likeness isn't great and it's too bulky.

It will be interesting to see how the HT DX02 Bats turn out. I love the quality and detail of the HT TDK, but too bad the facial likeness isn't great and it's too bulky.

idk he also looked really fat above the belt. same with BB Bats. hot toys is better at making the villains :gandalf

Heads001.jpg

Photo Credit: Figuremaster Les

Well I was thinking: see the Damaged Terminator head in Les' sale photo? What if HT did something like that for the sonar head. I have no idea how that T-800 head lights up.. but I think that would work.

Hmm, now that would be awesome. Trouble is, the batteries are probably in the neck there, which would be an issue for Bats double jointed neck. :confused:

Are you still waiting out for the DX instead or are you getting the Medicom version as well?

Waiting. But it is getting MIGHTY hard.

Hot Toys BB is absolutely perfect imo.

I fixed your sentence for you. :D

UH-OH another cool pic w/a HT Wayne head. Very nice Agen. :D And I was thinking of getting a Medi-Wayne head this summer from ebay and try it out.

Man these customisations on this figure are really pushing it over the edge. Rismo repaint shot is freakin incredible. If HT don't top this, i'm buying this in an instant and getting a repaint. Looks amazing, it IS THE bale batman, in every way!

Man these customisations on this figure are really pushing it over the edge. Rismo repaint shot is freakin incredible. If HT don't top this, i'm buying this in an instant and getting a repaint. Looks amazing, it IS THE bale batman, in every way!

I have to agree w/you blakus939 :D. I might pass on the upcoming HT MX something (sorry forgot what type it was :duh) And ask one of our fellow board members to do some minor touch up on the Medi-Bat. :idea

I've been waiting just to see and I'm shocked nobody posted Tin's neck mod.

Shocked!

Tinister wrote:

Hey, guys -

Still swamped with work - but today got tired of cranking and worked on my Medicom TDK. Here are my first mods:

- I like the look of the cowl. To me it isn't the cowl that is too thin, but the neck. So rather than widen the cowl, I instead made the neck thick by stuffing with cotton (same cotton removed from his thighs and hips). This makes the overall head and neck flow better into each other and the head is no longer skinny looking. Making the neck thicker also makes the rest of the body look slimmer.

- Removed the cotton filling in the thighs, buttocks, and hip area. This made the hips more more streamlined looking and allowed me to have the belt ride lower in the front then in the back (like in the movie).

- Did some surgery on the rubber suit in the buttock area to make it smaller. This reduced his Jennifer Lopez $ss and also made the front profile of his hips more tapered.

- The legs and hip are one rubber piece. I made cuts along the inner thighs near the crotch area. Basically - cut out the molded rubber part of the inner thighs that represents the spandex suit underneathe so that the actual spandex suit shows through. This is my first step in making the legs and hips more flexible. Next time - I will do the same thing to the area of the small of the back. This will allow the legs to be bent forward at the hip better.

With the crotch separated from thighs and buttocks - I used some black foam to give bats a "unit" to push out the cod piece more.

- After seeing the photo of the actual suit posted by Vodoun - I decided that the thighs didn't need to be reduced as much as I initially thought. So I removed about 14% of the cotton in the thighs and shifted the remaining around so that the padding was in the front of the thighs (originally - padding was more on the towards the sides of the thighs making the thighs thick looking). I also moved some of the cotton to the knee area and behind the lower legs to fill out the boots more.

- I made ankle extensions to give the legs about 1/4 inch more height.

Other than the surgery to the back that I will do next time - I also plan to give the chin a repaint and add gloss coat to the eyes.

Enjoy these pics! Tin

tdk8.jpg
tdk9.jpg

tdk10.jpg
tdk11.jpg

That's some great mod work! But it seems intimidatingly difficult to try when my Medi Batman arrives...

Favorite:

Tin said:
With the crotch separated from thighs and buttocks - I used some black foam to give bats a "unit" to push out the cod piece more.

Back