Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2330789490_f6422a1446.jpg

Love the posing going on, but kinda baffled the way theydid Maul's robes, there's hardly any "skirt" in the front and his waist looks like he's wearing one of those sinchers from the 1900's.

All this Maul duel stuff again is reminding me how much I wand Sideshow to do TPM Obi-Wan :monkey2 I hope we at least get a preview before the end of the year.

Seriously, dude, you're showing that you have no credibility with some of the statements you're making. I have no horse in this race: I'm neither pro-SS or pro-Medicom. I like some products by both companies and likewise think some of their products are crap. It's clear that you have an anti-SS bias and it's fine if you don't personally like their stuff, but when you call the PFs over-sized toys and then turn around and say all the Medicom figures look like little people you've completely lost all sense of reality. You'd probably be a lot happier hanging out on a Medicom-only forum since you only like their products. Otherwise, I think you're the type that just likes stirring it up and arguing just for the sake of arguing. :rolleyes:

I was here first so you ++++ing leave.:D

Last edited:
Love the posing going on, but kinda baffled the way theydid Maul's robes, there's hardly any "skirt" in the front and his waist looks like he's wearing one of those sinchers from the 1900's.

All this Maul duel stuff again is reminding me how much I wand Sideshow to do TPM Obi-Wan :monkey2 I hope we at least get a preview before the end of the year.

He's probably just having fun posing and not analyzing it to death.I don't know if TPM kenobi is around the corner or not with other characters to do, but if they get him out of they way soon i won't complain.:)

He's probably just having fun posing and not analyzing it to death.I don't know if TPM kenobi is around the corner or not with other characters to do, but if they get him out of they way soon i won't complain.:)

Well given that General Kenobi just went up, I'd guess a TPM would either be at earliest an SDCC premier, or something towards the end of the year, if in 2008 at all, but between fandom of the character and just enjoing the moments of Maul and Kenobi more than Maul and Qui-Gon, I want the missing piece. One on one, Obi-Wan and Maul felt as powerful as Anakin and Obi-Wan in ROTS. Obi-Wan was bent on avenging his master, Maul full of rage out to kill the Jedi, great stuff. My only complaint was the brevity of it. The whole Duel of the Fates was like the first part of a rollercoaster. Slowly it built up for a while, and once it got going it just flew by. I know the main focus of Star Wars isn't the duels, but I'd have loved to see like a 20 minute, half hour long duel, of duel footage, even if it cuts like they do to other scenes, just last a long time, they're my favorite part of the movies and every one of them leaves you wanting more.

Rock N' roll man.

This may sound like blasphemy but EP1 kenobi is my favorite portrayal of the character.From just the way he looks,to his respectful padawan attitude.(plus he doesn't flaunt it but he's a bad ass!!!!)He's everything i imagined a pre ep4 kenobi would be.

maulfan, get on that.

I will. Right now my Maul's on the operating table. I'm repadding him because my first attempt had too much in the collar area and from some angles you could see the tissue. Also, I want to see how he looks with Sideshow undershirt.

Rock N' roll man.

This may sound like blasphemy but EP1 kenobi is my favorite portrayal of the character.From just the way he looks,to his respectful padawan attitude.(plus he doesn't flaunt it but he's a bad ass!!!!)He's everything i imagined a pre ep4 kenobi would be.

Too true. I really felt McGreggor in one film did already connect young Kenobi to Old. He was different, but also very much the same as his older self. I always digged his spikey hair, it looks cool on him (when it was his own and not that dreadful wig) and didn't look as cool on Hayden in AOTC. I love the TPM/AOTC saber more than his ROTS/ANH Saber. Also, the cool saber twirling moves he did in TPM were really badass. He always gave a lot of intensity to the duels, I still get a laugh at how he kept breaking saber blades in rehearsals with Ray Park.

Rock N' roll man.

dont want to steer the discussion away but i was hoping that was how the relationship between obi wan and anakin was gonna be. i wanted anakin to be the most noble jedi ever so it would be much more tragic when he fell to the dark side. instead we got an arrogant whiner who's fall could be seen coming a mile away. in ANH obi wan says he was a good friend but all i saw in the PT was whining and arguing between those 2.

in ANH obi wan says he was a good friend but all i saw in the PT was whining and arguing between those 2.

Perhaps enhanced by watching the Clone Wars, but I felt like they were really good friends when ROTS opened up. The dialogue and behavior made them seem like buddies to me and that they'd come to be really good friends until the events of ROTS tore them apart again.

Perhaps enhanced by watching the Clone Wars, but I felt like they were really good friends when ROTS opened up. The dialogue and behavior made them seem like buddies to me and that they'd come to be really good friends until the events of ROTS tore them apart again.
im not saying they werent friends, lucas just didnt do a good job showing any close moments between them.

im not saying they werent friends, lucas just didnt do a good job showing any close moments between them.

True. For anyone who sees ROTS and doesn't watch Clone Wars, there aren't any moments that strongly point out their friendship, it's just subtly implied and enhanced by the moments from Clone Wars. If there was dialogue like in Clone Wars where Obi-Wan and Anakin discuss the Anakin's visions from his quest, that would have helped. George deals with the big picture too often though. Having the Clone Wars to set up ROTS, I think he didn't worry about putting some things into the movie because it was in Clone Wars, but not all fans of the films will watch that series, despite how much he wants them to. ROTS would probably have been quite different had the Clone Wars not been made to build up story before it.

I think this debate has been going long enough...

Sideshow Maul vs Medicom Maul...

:horse:horse:horse

I'll buy whichever version I want...or can afford...

Neither figure is bad though...both Medicom and Sideshow did a better job than Hasbro...

Except this one, which is undoubtedly better than both...

649267465_531f94a9bd.jpg

:rock:rock:rock

muahahaha...ME LIKEY THIS ONE!!!!!!:D:D:D..NO SERIOUSLY!!!

Back