Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh. That explains a lot... And is going to consume a lot of my upcoming free time... Lol.

I think I'll wait until SDCC to see if SSC will reveal a long shot new Darth Maul.

The Medi Maul is pretty excellent if you ask me. Pity this is an identical re-release, it is isn't it?

photo-47.jpg

I shall be looking forward to getting this and then the new SSC Vader next to one and other. I am not really interested in the Jedi much and it would be down to cost too.

Now if there was a complete and definitive Hot Toys or SSC "A NEW HOPE" line (Vader, Luke, Han, 3PO, R2, Leia, Chewie - though lord knows exactly how? - Ben, Tarkin, Wedge, Biggs, Trooper) I might consider them as my next series of buys after Avengers, Spidey, Batman and Superman.

Is he only slightly undersized? Only Medicom I have is Snape, and he'd be great if I didn't think about his cost lol. I guess with the rerelease due in August, I'll wait until after SDCC to see if I have enough set aside for this guy. As much as I want a Darth Maul... DX pricing for a Medicom... /gulp

Funny how SS reissued boba for 150$ but this is 219$ (don't worry about scale on Medicom figs it's not as important as people make it out to be.)

Funny how SS reissued boba for 150$ but this is 219$ (don't worry about scale on Medicom figs it's not as important as people make it out to be.)

Unless you happen to like your collection to look nice and not mishappen. Personally, I don't mind smaller figures. I collect 3.75 Joes and Sar Wars figures, but if I'm posing items together, unless its a character thats supposed to be smaller in frame and stature, then I'd give medi a skip. Of course Maul may be doable as he wasn't a big guy to begin with, but its a case by case basis, saying things like theres not much difference in medi size is completely ridiculous, theres a reason SS posts the disclaimers on their site.

Posted by a fellow boardie:
jacksparrow.jpg

Yeah, no size difference, just people (including the distributor) making ____ up

Although to be fair... the first Jack from HT was about a 1/4-1/2 inch too tall. But the point is still valid.

Lately some of the Medicom figures have been scaled better with other companies; ROTJ Fett being a prime example. But a lot of the previous ones (including ESB Fett and Vader) were just too short and looked out of place among many people's collections.

Why medi clones and troopers can often be had for a steal...
guess which ones a medi? :nana:
2+backs.jpg

Although to be fair... the first Jack from HT was about a 1/4-1/2 inch too tall. But the point is still valid.

Lately some of the Medicom figures have been scaled better with other companies; ROTJ Fett being a prime example. But a lot of the previous ones (including ESB Fett and Vader) were just too short and looked out of place among many people's collections.

This is true, but making blanket statements like the above poster making it sound like theres not a big difference can lead to people making badbuying decisions. Look at medi Batman, looked like a teenager vs the HT one, almost looks idget vs the Takara version, etc... looks good if you want him by himself, but if you have HT stuff to display him with, you're probably going to have some disappointment when you shelf him.

2683497775_84e886baf7_o.jpg

The medicom height looks like what I would expect from a comic version of Wolverine. Can also post Indiana Jones genre, but I think the point is made. The size difference is more than "hype". I'm not saying don't get medi's, theres tons of medi Star Wars figures to choose from and in some casxes the scale will work to your advantage, but know what you're getting into.

Last edited:
Back