MEDICOM 1/6 Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, didn't know a live action bastardization was in the works... so no, I would like figures based on the show, not a Keanu flick :lol

I actually prefer the first version to this one, he looks a bit too reallistic and isn't the hs a bit small? I got the first version and it has been one of my favourite figs ever since I got him a loong time ago, it has the whole early anime vibe going which I love!

yeah, I dont have the movie version but based on the pictures I find on the web I have always find the HS was too small. I like the stylish collection figure as well but the joints on the spider body are too weak and I always find it look weird in some areas. Like the thign and biceps are too short compare to the shin and fore arms or something.

That Keanu with the photoshoped hair looks disturbing. Now the Medicom figure on the other hand, I think if Medi did a Spike figure revisited they would get it right now. Medi has come a long way with their Anime figures, they look spot on now days.

Dear Lord...the first version of spike looks a little moronic...the Movie version nails it pretty much. Hope to find this figure. It seems rare. And there is still this stupid offer in the lagune for ages now...something ~400$.

Last edited:
Hope I get lucky this time. Do not know if the Box with it, but the seller wrote everything on this figure is fine. Here a picture from the auction:

Für 40€ a deal...I hope so. :monkey1

Last edited:
Hi,
my Spike arrived today. As I said, ebay is done when the item is there or not. So because of bad packing both feet broke :mad: I am realy disapointed!

Does anybody know here if I can get replacement joints? Or is there a other solution?

:dunno

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Thanks for this hint. I tried ggl but it is all spamed with spider man from medicom...and the lupin figures...it is not easy as well either they are expensive or more expensive

:gah:

Last edited:
Ok. Everything is fine now. Drilled a hole and connected the parts with an old drill.

attachment.php

Thanks! after it was clear that I want get any genuine replacements I was just drilling holes and sticking stuff together. Works out great. And so far it does cost me nothin. The seller refund me the "buy it now price" and the shipping fees. that is rare on the lagune.

Last edited:
glad to hear you both fixed the problem and even got your money back no*dice. if you run into trouble again with the figure, know that actually the body is the same for many of the medicom rahs that came out at that time. even the first spike they did--which is partly why it looks so strange, as the head, hands and feet are so big for his frame. anyway you can easily swap him onto another one.
this is a great figure. one of my two favorites and i searched for years to get one and then paid nearly 500 for it but i dont regret it at all. i wish they'd revisit the line and even make more figs this time. i'm sure they would sell.
the figure is nearly perfect. the body is actually pretty spot on regarding his proportions. the only issue i have is with the clothing which is slightly big. but i switched out the shirt from the movie version spiegel with the first medicom spike and it looks a lot better.
actually i just saw that kai playarts is doing a couple bebop figures: spike and vicious. unfortunately the spike doesnt look too great in my opinion. but the vicious looks sick. and he comes with his bird. i just wish he was going to be 1/6 so i could pose him with my medi spike kohd.

Thanks, I agree with you, the only little thing are the clothes. But alone the headsculping is stunning! The limps are totaly like the anime it is just a wonderfull figure. Medicom nows when it comes to anime/comic charackters.

yeah, i wish i knew how to sew so i could futz with the suit myself. really want it to be absolutely perfect. i actually just ordered a trenchcoat so he can be in 'ballad of the fallen angels' or 'real folk blues' mode.

Great! Show us some pics if you done it. By the way could you do a pic from the shoes? I realy could not figure out what might be right or left. The shape of them are not that clear in terms of which one is the right or the left.

thx!

i haven't done the tailoring. i dont think i'm up to the job myself. when the trenchcoat comes i'll post pics of that. i might try to find someone to tailor it for me, we'll see. i am a bit weary to let spike out of my hands as i spent seven years+ looking for him.

as for the boot issue: on mine the right boot has the 'medicom toy china' inscription on the sole and the left has the copyright symbol.

yeah no prob. hopefully the trench will arrive soon but likely not for at least another ten days as i just ordered it two days ago or so. i ordered the trenchie in green from Triad Toys.closest i could find, and i'm pretty ok with it seeing as in some shots the trench was brown but in other lights it had a green tint.

Back