Medi + DX = Medix :: [Medix 2.0 Batman p.72]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medi + DX = Medix

DSC_0081.jpg

:clap awesome. What's the details here?

I don't get it... on some pics, the head looks way too large for the body and yet on some others, they look okay...

But one thing I'm certain though, Medi's body makes Bale looks lanky.

Not me though, my figures and me are in two different cities, I don't look at HT pictures much and also I'm an artist so I know quite a bit about proportions. Unfortunately I don't have the super power like some members of this forum have that makes them able to see past lens distortion.

But knowing you, void, I can trust you that the head's not too large though we may be in some disagreement over HT's "underscaled" heads.

No, I don't think it's the neck, neck's fine.

Well, taking in just the face (exposed eyes and mouth), the head in that picture above would be perfectly in scale with the body if the cranium isn't so high up. That cowl/mask/helmet looks as though he's hiding a rabbit in there.

Either way, once I got my hands on my DX12, which is still about a month away :(, I'll see if I need Medi's head because honestly it shouts Bale way more than HT's which if you compare the pics of Bale's head with and without the cowl from DX12, you'll find yourself scratching your head wondering why HT made the masked one with such big eyes when they know for a fact that Bale doesn't have big eyes since they got his BW's head right.

Maybe the sculptor thought to him/herself: "Well, he's in the dark all the time ain't he? I reckon he has to really open his eyes to see properly!"

Last edited:

Head is definitely not too large

People's perceptions have been warped by overexposure to HTs underscaled heads

I do think the Medi head is slightly oversized, but not as much as the DX head is undersized. I'm hoping Creg's custom head finds a happy medium. The DX head looks insanely tiny when placed on the Medi body.

Like you say, there is also the issue that many of the other figures in the HT Batman line are undersized already. So the Medi head looks out of place next to Dent and Two Face for example.

I do think the Medi head is slightly oversized, but not as much as the DX head is undersized. I'm hoping Creg's custom head finds a happy medium. The DX head looks insanely tiny when placed on the Medi body.

Like you say, there is also the issue that many of the other figures in the HT Batman line are undersized already. So the Medi head looks out of place next to Dent and Two Face for example.

Well that might be true. But ultimately when I look at a good scaled Bale head for example (like Adam's, or the DX12 Bale), and then imagine a cowl over that, the Medi looks perfectly sized - while the DX12 looks hilariously small

Oh definitely. The DX Bale head looks too big next to the DX cowl! Ka-ray-see!

A little bit.

photonov0680834pm.jpg

Anyway, the medi head does look odd to me on the DX12. It's weird. Maybe it's the photos/lighting because somehow its features look very different.

A little bit.

photonov0680834pm.jpg

Anyway, the medi head does look odd to me on the DX12. It's weird. Maybe it's the photos/lighting because somehow its features look very different.

Thanks for proving me point about the eyes.

This is the kind of laziness on HT's side that worries me since they are at the forefront of 1/6 scale collectibles. What sort of deformity they're going to 'feature in' on Man of Steel, I wonder... :monkey2

Thanks for proving me point about the eyes.

This is the kind of laziness on HT's side that worries me since they are at the forefront of 1/6 scale collectibles. What sort of deformity they're going to 'feature in' on Man of Steel, I wonder... :monkey2

If you're talking about the PERS then I think MoS Superman will be safe.

:lol Finding a pic of a profile comparison between the Bruce sculpt and a cowl cannot be done. google has failed me. I'd take a pic, but I don't have mine yet. :monkey2

If you're talking about the PERS then I think MoS Superman will be safe.

Nah, I have no qualms about PERS in general, it's just that HT seems to be getting lazier with each new figure, especially their QC, which seems to be going down the drain. My concern is their lack of attention towards proportion.

To use DX12 as a case in hand, how come Bale's eyes on the BW head look normal albeit squinted and yet on Batman they look like he's spooked (with the right mouth piece you can make him look as though he's in the john squeezing the big one). :horror

Back