McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, okay, I see it now. I think it's the fact that series 6 Rick's torso is alittle on the long side so they made his pants shorter. He's slightly stubby and he's the only one in series 6 like that.

Finally managed to find a Governor today. He was a different Walgreens than the one by my house, but I just stopped by this one while out Christmas shopping. Glad to have snagged him before while he was still $10 :rock

I have to say though, epic fail on not giving him his nickel plated gun this time!

Found Carl and Hershel yesterday while Christmas shopping for the kids -- which makes my two day haul Carl, Hershel, Andrea, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Governor 1. Added to Merle and Michonne's walkers I already had.

Not bad for an instant collection. Still on the lookout for Rick, Daryl, Governor 2, and Dead Merle. I'll probably get Abraham, Tyreese and Carol eventually ... but I figure those will be on the shelves for a while. Hoping they make another Shane and Officer Friendly -- the first two were bad enough that I can't justify going back to pick them up.

The TRU had several series 6 Rick figures -- all of which looked like a bucket of ass -- one Carol that was a little funky looking, and a couple of Abrahams that were good enough.

Does any retailer sell the comic figures, or just the AMC ones?

SnakeDoc

Found Carl and Hershel yesterday while Christmas shopping for the kids -- which makes my two day haul Carl, Hershel, Andrea, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Governor 1. Added to Merle and Michonne's walkers I already had.

Not bad for an instant collection. Still on the lookout for Rick, Daryl, Governor 2, and Dead Merle. I'll probably get Abraham, Tyreese and Carol eventually ... but I figure those will be on the shelves for a while. Hoping they make another Shane and Officer Friendly -- the first two were bad enough that I can't justify going back to pick them up.

The TRU had several series 6 Rick figures -- all of which looked like a bucket of ass -- one Carol that was a little funky looking, and a couple of Abrahams that were good enough.

SnakeDoc

I think your best hope for some of the older comic figures, or any of them really would be to go to some comic book shops. I have several around my town and they all have some of the comic figures

Other than comic shops, Toys R Us is the only place I have seen the comic version figures on the pegs. Toys R Us website has the series 3 ones but are $14.99 ea.

SnakeDoc

Other than comic shops, Toys R Us is the only place I have seen the comic version figures on the pegs. Toys R Us website has the series 3 ones but are $14.99 ea.

You're still seeing them? That's pretty interesting. Around me, they either never surfaced or they didn't stick around long.

I am not currently seeing them, was just saying that is the only retail place I actually found the comic series figures in the past.
You're still seeing them? That's pretty interesting. Around me, they either never surfaced or they didn't stick around long.

Is Clementine already being shipped? I just ordered for a christmas present and just wondering if she will arrive in time (6th of January in Spain), Jesus came in just 7 days!

Found a Daryl at Target yesterday. Still having trouble with Rick, though. I've seen no less than 10 Ricks on the peg at Target and Toys R Us (none at Walgreens, though) ... and they all looked like he was in blackface, or at least like he was trying to hide from the Predator. Haven't found one worth pulling the trigger on.

Any chance they'll go back and pick up some of the older guys? Dale. T-Dog. Morgan. Glenn in the ballcap. Lori. Better Shane. Another cop Rick. They seem to be doing almost entirely Season 3 and later now. Target still has a Shane with a baseball cap. Still a terrible looking figure, though. They definitely ought to go back and re-do some of the Season 1 survivors now that they've figured out how to make action figures again. And, a dead Shane and Sophia would be great. Or the little girl with the bear.

I think your best hope for some of the older comic figures, or any of them really would be to go to some comic book shops. I have several around my town and they all have some of the comic figures

I was thinking I'd like the original Rick and Series 3 Rick from that line. Haven't ever seen 'em alongside the AMC ones in stores, though. I'll check comic shops.

SnakeDoc

Here is the mystery character from the comic series. I'm betting Whisperer. From Facebook.
Here are a few photos of a model coming right off our 3D printer. This model figure is from our upcoming The Walking Dead from Skybound Comic line-up (Series 4). Can you guess what or WHO this figure is?? (I'll give you a hint.... these weapons are not used in the 'traditional sense.')
Anyway, you can see that the accessories (like the pitchfork) will need to be cleaned up and probably reprinted because working with 3D models requires really DELICATE hands. That being said, it was NOT me who broke the pitchfork.
1558545_886315754745841_7072009364335849876_n.jpg

1456045_886315761412507_5330766906170675378_n.jpg

10374981_886315758079174_3328746201705636891_n.jpg

I've begun the process of stripping off the factory paint and have begun to start repaint some head. Wanted you all to see the stripped sculpts. I can attest that these sculpts are very detailed and accurate likenesses to the actors on the show... I mean they are taken from 3D scans. But the factory paint in China is Definately hit or miss.

Here's the photo of a few heads. I've only begun the base for Tyreese and Carol and already they looks miles better ...although Tyreese wasn't too bad before he was far too dark for the actor who plus him.

Here is a quick photo I took of a short display I had a few weeks ago

And finally, a cool article about the mcfarlane walking dead line, factory and their process on making the figures

I'll post some pictures of the finished repaints when they come!

Enjoy the article guys it's pretty cool

It's from the fall issue of The Walking Dead Official Magazine. I saw it during a recent trip to Barnes and Noble. It was in the music section of the magazines for some reason.

Cool will have a look for the magazine. The head sculpts are great, even Maggie when stripped down, I started repainting her a while ago, the factory really don't do them any favours with the paint jobs. Got my Jesus and Ezekiel yesterday, love 'em, on the lookout for the skybound Governor now and if I ever have money to burn the exclusive Michonne.

Does anyone have a extra Shane Walsh with hat. I got a body put together for him, just need to get him for the head. I would be willing to buy a headcast of it to.

Back