McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That just means you can order this figure in solid cases of 12 rather than in an assorted case of 12 usualy 5 different figures per line.

I doubt that's what it means. McFarlane himself they were starting a new line to get "the Herschels" of the world made in this line. I don't think Herschel is the case of his own type character. Rick? Yeah, he could be a solid case character and do well. THAT Shane, heck no!

this will be mine though...oh yes, it will be mine

Toy-Fair-2014-McFarlane-Walking-Dead-002.jpg

I don't collect these, but could "solids" refer to them being more statues. I know most of TMP's figures in the past have been more statues than figures. That Shane looks like he ain't doing more than that pose.

That just means you can order this figure in solid cases of 12 rather than in an assorted case of 12 usualy 5 different figures per line.

That would explain why only Shane has been listed. But I still think these are going to be less articulated than the main line.

I don't collect these, but could "solids" refer to them being more statues. I know most of TMP's figures in the past have been more statues than figures. That Shane looks like he ain't doing more than that pose.

It means he ships in a solid case of just Shanes. Should be a Walgreens exclusive.

Man, I wish The walking dead would be made by NECA. McFarlane Toys are a joke in comparison with NECA. And they have pretty much the same price tag.

NECA said they didn't want to do them because they'd make "boring" figures.

They'd be 7" tall and probably statuesque like their Twilight figures. I doubt the likenesses would have been better (McFarlane uses scans of the actors) or the line as extensive.

Also, McFarlane and Kirkman are partners at Image Comics.

Last edited:
neca would have made rick, daryl and a zombie and then moved on from it

they just have too much on their plate IMO

As much as I dig Neca, TWD line has a pretty good scale so I can display more of them on the shelf, paint is about the same, articulation is actually fairly close and yeah I'd expect them to make em like the twilight or hunger games figure. Not sure how far Neca would have gotten with the character selection, maybe less since they tend to release about 3 characters per wave. not to also mention McF has both the comic and tv lines which don't interfere with eachother.

and nah, no Dwight in the display :[

I can't believe someone said they wished NECA did TWD figure instead of Mcfarlane. NECA has dropped so many projects it's sad. I could only imagine... NECA making 3 or 4 in one series then never continue. Mcfarlane on the other hand makes 4 to 5 a series and drags out the series. I hope they keep pumping them out the way they have. In the Halo Reach series a lone he did 6. So could you guys imagine how many more we are gonna get!?!?!?! :D Keep up the good work Mcfarlane! :D

It means he ships in a solid case of just Shanes. Should be a Walgreens exclusive.

I know that's what was mentioned, but is that what it means? Shipping that one figure in a solid case screams waste of a shipment. I know Shane was a main character, but that one outfit wasn't a memorable one. I'm probably wrong, but I don't see that one being very desirable.

Really like the 10" Rick. Might have to get Darryl now..

Really hope they do Michonne in that size.

I know that's what was mentioned, but is that what it means? Shipping that one figure in a solid case screams waste of a shipment. I know Shane was a main character, but that one outfit wasn't a memorable one. I'm probably wrong, but I don't see that one being very desirable.

That one outfit was worn in season 2 chupacabra with the shirt open like his and thats it lol

Yeah, sucks but here's some quotes from the art director for McF Toys.

in response to a few of us voicing disappointment in the reveal:
"Sorry guys.... I really pushed to not do this with Shane,(wanted something different) but the higher-ups insisted on doing it since it was what time allowed for. it is a Walgreens solid packed exclusive."

and in clarification of the TV Solids as a new wave or part of Series 6:
"no specific new wave.... just a special for Walgreens. called "solids" because he ships alone (tells buyers that they could do a special order.) He's sort of part of wave 6, but he may have slightly different artwork on the card since he is a past character from season 2."

Huh. Works for me. I literally have a Walgreens at the end of my street so I have no problem stopping there everyday when this hit. And coming in solid cases would make them very easy to find. I just hope we get better figures moving forward. Sherriff Rick with a hat would been much better to do than that Shane. :lol Glad even he was embarrassed by it.

Back