Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the McFarlane Batman & Robin figures for a good week now, and I'm absolutely loving them! So very very happy to have these figures, and finally have a great representation of Uma's Poison Ivy in figure form.

Just thought I'd share a few pics I took over the past few days:

IMG_9135.jpeg

IMG_9141.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg
IMG_9166.jpeg
IMG_9368.jpeg
IMG_9717.jpeg
IMG_9455.jpeg
IMG_9609.jpeg
IMG_9606.jpeg
IMG_9661.jpeg

These look friggin’ great. I have no idea what rhyme or reason there is to Todd’s ability to churn out great likenesses and products for some licenses and terrible ones for others, but when he hits, he hits and these definitely fit the bill.

IMHO, he does creatures very well. His dragons are pretty awesome. Wish he had an alternate "in house" line that's not Spawn. Basically something like Four Horsemen's Cosmic Legions or Mythic Legions. Creatures but with fun elements to them.

The current line that plays to his strengths, IMHO, is the Warhammer 40K stuff. It's fun, beefy and the value for price evens out most of the time. ( Some of the super hero releases seem completely reliant on the Build A Figure concept, for example, the Frost King. The Frost King is really cool, but you have to get four pretty mediocre figures to complete him. Well, they seem mediocre to me. )

Also wish he did sword/spear/sandal/shield/arrow figures. Ninjas. Samurai. Knights. Vikings. Etc, etc. And not like he does under his Spawn line. But the possibilities there are endless in terms of cool subject matter.

Arkham Knight Batman figure I repainted. What I love about this figure is that it's a direct print of the 3D model and it's about 90% accurate to the game, which also means it's actually far more accurate than the Hot Toys. All it needs is a decent paint job!

GridArt_20240115_152814326_2.jpg
IMG_2110_1.jpg
IMG_2103_1_1.jpg

Found both today and got the variant at GS at discount

beautiful figure in hand!

Don’t hesitate to grab her if you see her in stores

I wasn’t completely sold on the sculpt in pictures, but I’m starting to find that McFarlane stuff does tend to look better in hand. I got the Platinum Chase for First Appearance Supes as an anniversary gift after being hesitant to bite on the regular version and, in person, he’s a lot more Shuster than Schwarzenegger. If she’s as good as you say, I’ll definitely be on the lookout (hopefully, for the Chase version). Now all we need is for Todd to finally put out a definitive Superman that can equal his Knightfall Bats and I’ll be a happy camper on the Trinity front.

I'm absolutely LIVID that Todd decided to make the 'regular' Dark Knight Rises Catwoman figure a platinum, which means there's little to zero chance of me getting one since I'm in the UK. My only hope was BBTS, but of course, it went up and sold out on there in the blink of an eye.

Why oh why was this figure a platinum?? I know there are a LOT more people mad at Todd about this.

I can only hope a fellow collector in the US finds one they don't need and is willing to ship one to me over here 🤞🏻

His Spectre is a great figure.... once you paint over the "bird poop" that's supposed to be stars/cosmic effect on his cape. His E2 Superman has a QC issue, they didn't paint the back half of his yellow belt.

I'm still bummed I - yet again - missed out on an Azrael figure for the Knightfall pre-order a few days ago. Was surprised he sold out so quickly.

Hopefully he'll be easier to grab at retail than the Walmart-exclusive AzBats I also never once saw in my town.

Guess my prayers that they’ll finish the teen titans line won’t be answered 😭

Back