Mcfarlane`s Alien and Elm Street 3D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dassy

Private Member
Reaction score
Product Photos now up.

Alien Poster has a green light Feature.Cool

other_alienposter_photo_02_dp.jpg

https://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3090

other_nightmareposter_photo_08_dp.jpg

https://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3089

:cool:

I like the Nightmare poster...looks good!!!

How much do these retail for??

Last edited:
hey, those 2 are really nice...Cant wait for more Friday the13th posters.Those are perfect for a background display option for Sideshow figures.

Shai Hulud said:
hey, those 2 are really nice...Cant wait for more Friday the13th posters.Those are perfect for a background display option for Sideshow figures.

Yep,perfect for Background Displays,will Have to customize the Alien Credits though (Licence Issuses...Grrrr).

Jaws/Friday the 13th/Alien/Elm Street and a Silence of the Lambs (soon).:cool:

Dassy said:
Yep,perfect for Background Displays,will Have to customize the Alien Credits though (Licence Issuses...Grrrr).

I was wondering what the deal was with those "fictional" credits... :)

Elm Street looks frickin' amazing!!! In fact, I daresay these look better than Code 3's Legendary Casts.

There's also a Robocop 3-D poster on the horizon. That's going to make a terrific companion piece for my HT Robocop and my full set of Kotobukiya mini figures!! :chew

I really like the way these have been done. Far better then the Code Three stuff (eventhough I think they really came up with the idea first). I'd love to pick some up.

screamingmetal said:
I really like the way these have been done. Far better then the Code Three stuff (eventhough I think they really came up with the idea first). I'd love to pick some up.

I'd have to agree with you there. But Code 3 really misses the mark on their sculpting. Just look at the likenesses on the ROTS Legendary Cast theatrical poster. McFarlane's PLASTIC rendition of Nancy on the ANOES poster is leaps and bounds beyond Code 3's SW posters.

And then there's the whole $25 vs. $75 aspect...

As a movie poster collector I was OFFENDED by the Code 3 items. And I thought the whole idea was just stupid. But these McF ones are pretty sweet. Too bad they didn't get the Star Wars license for type of product.

Darklord Dave said:
As a movie poster collector I was OFFENDED by the Code 3 items. And I thought the whole idea was just stupid. But these McF ones are pretty sweet. Too bad they didn't get the Star Wars license for type of product.

Just curious...what was offensive about the Code 3 items. The concept or the execution? I'm guessing it wasn't the concept because you like the McFarlane versions.

the code 3 is not that bad IMO. Also, I really like the Alien by McF. How big are these? I saw the JAWS one at the con but they were pretty small. Can someone give info on the dimension?

WOW. Those are phenomenal! Really get into perspective how badly Code 3 made theirs.
Where will these be available?:confused:
Too cool.:chew

The Alien one is particularly real, front on you cant even tell its not a full size poster. The Nightmare looks awesome too, but I already own a full size poster.

Last edited:
I thought the concept was stupid, if you want the movie poster - just get the poster. And the Code 3 ones were just so poorly executed that it seemed like a cheap, cheesy idea.

McF's are cleaner, simpler and much, much better sculpted - it makes all the difference.

Hmm...better than Code3 but still tacky IMO.

I personally love the original movie posters or mini-posters (which are perfect for statue displays and use original art).

I think both of these look pretty nice as well, however I do agree that nothing compares to owning the original 1-sheet posters. Of course I am partial to movie posters because I collected those before I collected figures and statues.

these ar really well done for what they are.

the thing Im struggling with is that to display them with statues or PFs or whatever, I'd want something that contrasts from the sculpt/figure, not something that competes with it.

now if they were on their own, theyd work well. They feel like an all-in-one alternative to a figure w/poster display.

.. again, these are very well done though

Darklord Dave said:
I thought the concept was stupid, if you want the movie poster - just get the poster. And the Code 3 ones were just so poorly executed that it seemed like a cheap, cheesy idea.

McF's are cleaner, simpler and much, much better sculpted - it makes all the difference.

I agree with you on Code 3's crappy execution and McFarlane's cleaner sculpts. However, I do like the fact that there's an artistic alternative to the posters...but that has more to do with being a space-saving perk than anything else. I still have four of my SW theatrical posters in storage because I don't have the space.

Personally, unless you have the space and can get an ORIGINAL printing of a poster, I think these are the way to go. :)

Back