MATTEL: Green Lantern Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to regret not getting the Color of Fear 2 pack. I read that the DCUC upcoming wave will have a corrected Sinestro in blue costume with a Sinestro Corps variant. It might be the time to jump in here...

The corrected Sinestro will be in a TRU exclusive two-pack with a classic costume shiny Hal. Even the white looked pearlized in the pic. And Toy Guru stated that both figs will have constructs in clear green and yellow!!!

I'm bummed that this is the fifth reuse of the same Hal, but the construsts and a proper height Sinestro sweeten the deal.

But again I'm a complete mark for this line.

What do you mean constructs? Also when you say corrected Sinestro what do you mean? Do you mean the Sinestro Corp Sinestro? I know I sound like a total noob here but I have no idea about the DCUC collection. I dont collect them but regret now that I didn't collect them. I just got the wave 11 GLs and a Kilowog BAF for real cheap off of ebay. I've seen Hal here and there at my local Wal Mart and other stores so I'll pick him up later. Also the store my by friend has the Fear 2 pack so I'll probably pick that up also. This is bad I'm getting into these. I'll probably end up spending more money now.... lol

You are a total noob! :lol

Constructs are the items they create with the rings. The corrected Sinestro is on a taller/leaner body unlike the first release.

Thanks Natrix. I felt like one when I asked. I heard the term constructs before in regards to GL but for some reason I couldn't put two and two together. I've loved GL since I was a kid but had a brain fart.

Do you know if the corrected Sinestro will be a Sinestro Corp costume?

WAVE 2:

GLIon.jpg

GLNautkeloi.jpg

GLMediphyl.jpg

StarSaphire.jpg

GLSkallox.jpg

GLNightLikk.jpg

GLBdg2.jpg

GLDex2.jpg

GLDesportellis2.jpg

BAF:
Stel.jpg

These two waves are turning out better than anything that DCD has put out...

Wow! Great find, The Mike! Definitely getting these.....Stel looks all kinds of awesome.

Apparently the chipmunk (who isn't C'hp? according to Mattel), Dex and the Yellow Desportellis are a three pack with a piece of Stel in the box. I am seriously jonesin' for the Sodam Yat (who has been ignored for too long DCD) and the Red Lanterns. This line is definitely eclipsing anything DCD has put out.

Hopefully they'll do a little more articulation than shown so Ch'p can be in some kick ass action posses! :lol

I hope they Star Saphire is based on the WWE females and retains the thigh cut! Not sure how much I like the new torso joint as I dont do WWE.

So far I'm getting every single figure (and multiples of the interchangable head guys and Manhunters) of these two waves. Awesome, awesome, awesome :rock

FYI, the second Red Lantern (Night Lik) is the figure the 4 Horseman created, Johns named him (after Mattel's Scott Neitlich aka Toy Guru), and he will eventually be worked into the comics as an actual Red Lantern. So he will get a figure first, then comic appearance. Pretty cool really.

So far I'm getting every single figure (and multiples of the interchangable head guys and Manhunters) of these two waves. Awesome, awesome, awesome :rock

FYI, the second Red Lantern (Night Lik) is the figure the 4 Horseman created, Johns named him (after Mattel's Scott Neitlich aka Toy Guru), and he will eventually be worked into the comics as an actual Red Lantern. So he will get a figure first, then comic appearance. Pretty cool really.

Me, too!! I'll grab the whole lot of them and hope they expand more on the other lanterns.

Do you think it's a compliment to Neitlich that they gave him his own character? I mean, they portrayed him as a red lantern that spews red blood and his head can easily be used for a devil character.

Do you think it's a compliment to Neitlich that they gave him his own character?

You're joking right? Of course it's an homage to him. He bragged at ComicCon of how cool he and the 4H and JG were. Then they unveiled the MOTU guard that was sculpted after him, so this was just par.

Rumors that Mattel let it slip that they only planned for two waves of GLC. The line is supposed to move to actual movie figures after that. I wonder if these sell well if they'll jump back into it...

Mattel's Dex-Starr blows DCD's out of the water. Especially since Dex look here to be semi-articulated while DCD's is simply in a static pose.

While I agree that the 4HM's Dex-Star sculpt is infinitely better, I hope Mattel's has a ball-jointed neck so he doesn't look so... bipedal. But it's a small nit. "There is no jell-o being vomited here... only death." :rock I wish I had napalm blood.

ONly two waves? That's not right. Mattel can't come out with these cool figures and just stop. We need to start a petition NOW!! :wink1:

Back