Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been as lucky as some folks when it comes to DC Universe Classics series 19, finding only two of the new figures so far. But I figured what the heck, let's check those two out - Magog and Hawkman! I really like both of these, even with a few minor issues.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I can't believe they included a gun and holster for Magog. I don't think the character carried a gun anymore with that staff in his hands.

True enough. It just seems odd that Slade has a semi-auto WITH the holster glued to his belt, yet they chose to hard sculpt one on Magog. Just weird birds over there at Mattel, the whole lot of them.

I'm only picking up Kobra from this wave, but I've yet to see any of them at my local Target. I think they're still on Wave 9 over there...

You guys hear that Toyguru stated that DC supposedly vetoed the idea of Elongated Man in the sub for 2012? Seems the character they killed off just isn't current enough.

The sub isn't about CURRENT stuff though its. a DC Universe CLASSICS sub. Its not the DC New Universe retail line :duh

Stupid DC. Ah heck, Stupid Mattel too :lol

I just hope Sideshow isn't subject to this kind of treatment. I don't want 90% DCNU and only 10% classic/iconic stuff.

I would have just preferred not to have that big @ass gun and holster right in front; totally kills if for me.

I've been in the mattel forum where members are totally wigging out on the sub and the silence from toyguru and fangirl. As far as I'm concerned I'm just going to test out the first year of the sub and see what comes out and if i like the lineup or not.

It's disappointing that DC even has a say on what the lineup is going to hold. I thought the sub was created so that mattel can do whatever figure they want and still have the mainline dedicated to the new 52.

The new retail line is not to be solely dedicated to DCnU stuff. It will primarily focus on the A-list guys = lots of Superman & Batman and their supporting cast with some other a listers thrown in. They keep comparing it to the old DCSH line.

...and from the early looks of things, SSCs is on the same road...mostly Supes & Bats and their supporting cast with some other a listers tossed in from time to time.

I think WB/DC is approaching this thing as a total media blitz and we will be lucky to see much variation from their planned media push.

The new retail line is not to be solely dedicated to DCnU stuff. It will primarily focus on the A-list guys = lots of Superman & Batman and their supporting cast with some other a listers thrown in. They keep comparing it to the old DCSH line.

...and from the early looks of things, SSCs is on the same road...mostly Supes & Bats and their supporting cast with some other a listers tossed in from time to time.

I think WB/DC is approaching this thing as a total media blitz and we will be lucky to see much variation from their planned media push.

As long as I get atleast a 6" NuSupergirl(NuWonderWoman,Batgirl,Katana and WonderGirl would be nice too but I'll settle for SG) outta this line I'll be happy.

although they said this will center around the superman/batman characters, I hope that since DC seems to have a tight control over the production mattel will end up producing most of the 52 characters.

I managed to snag the rest of DCUC wave 19 this week, and I'm looking at two at the opposite end of the spectrum - Sandman and Stargirl. One I really like...one not so much.

You can find the review at the usual:

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I'm waiting for my full set to arrive. i don't see why i would go around hunting for them, it'll just drive up the cost of my set with the added gas money I wasted. i am debating on whether to get a secon hawkman to display the second head.

Nice review, Mike. The only thing I didn't like, is that on the last photo boldly stamped across Sandman's gun: "China":slap

I'm finishing up my look at Wave 19 of the DC Universe figures with The Atom, Lord Naga, and the CnC S.T.R.I.P.E. tonight. One's great, one's okay, and one...kinda sucks. That's the nickle version of my review - for the two dollar version, check the usual:

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Back