Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top 10:

10. 200x King Hsss
9. Draego Man
8. Mantenna
7. Modulok
6. Battlecat
5. Teela
4. Man-At-Arms
3. Trap Jaw
2. He-Man
1. Fisto

This week's Captain Toy Picks...covers my top ten Masters of the Universe Classics figures. Remember, I have no nostalgia dog in this fight, so my list might be very different...and no, Grizzlor didn't make the cut (but he was in the running), but you know I never spoil my list with the very first photo...

https://www.mwctoys.com/FEATURE-092116.htm

I really enjoyed that article, Michael. Although my list would look decidedly different, it really speaks to the strengths of the MOTUC line that so many figures in the series could easily have been selected for the Top 10.

Although I understand the broader reasons behind the original MOTUC He-Man winning the premier slot, I think the subtle changes of the 2.0 release was a significant improvement (although, of the various incarnations of the original head, I still prefer the DC vs. MOTUC incarnation - but only due to the darker wash applied to He-Man's hair). As such, I'd likely select MOTUC Mer-Man for #1, as he was a home-run right out of the gate, with the absolutely bang-on alternate Alcala/early mini-comic head really fulfilling the dreams of so many vintage (pre-Filmation) fans.

Got Nightstalker and General Sunder today. Both turned out great. The extra heads are great also and add some variety to the Horde Troopers. Though not a huge fan of the head with the black eyes.

My pictures never turn out the best, but here are a few shots of the new figures:

DSCN8019 - Copy.JPG

DSCN8021 - Copy.JPG

DSCN8026.jpg

DSCN8039.jpg

I wish Stridor turned up first...but I suspect he'll show up from Super 7 probably at a higher price too

I wish Stridor turned up first...but I suspect he'll show up from Super 7 probably at a higher price too

Yeah, I'm hoping he is in the first batch of figures they make. One advantage they have is the tooling is already done, so he may not be too much more.

Great pics xequae. Night Stalker looks amazing!! As a kid i was all about Stridor and Night Stalker. I remember looking at the toy box in stores and being convinced the legs could moved and then being quite dissapointed they didn't. So I did what any creative kid would do, I made his legs move and It was not that hard to do.

If I had the coin, I'd be buying a bunch of Sunders as I love the heads.

Great pics xequae. Night Stalker looks amazing!! As a kid i was all about Stridor and Night Stalker. I remember looking at the toy box in stores and being convinced the legs could moved and then being quite dissapointed they didn't. So I did what any creative kid would do, I made his legs move and It was not that hard to do.

If I had the coin, I'd be buying a bunch of Sunders as I love the heads.

Thanks.

I have 2 subs so I still have 1 more Sunder to open. I think 2 of each of the heads is enough for me. Hopefully I can pick up some more Horde Troopers though. I have 6 currently which is a decent amount for me, but I would like to have a few more for the extra heads.

Also I have issues with both of the alien Horde Trooper heads I have. One is missing the black outline around the yellow eye and the other has a black splotch on the bottom of the eye. Not a huge deal or hard to fix, but still kind of annoying.

Thanks.

I have 2 subs so I still have 1 more Sunder to open. I think 2 of each of the heads is enough for me. Hopefully I can pick up some more Horde Troopers though. I have 6 currently which is a decent amount for me, but I would like to have a few more for the extra heads.

Also I have issues with both of the alien Horde Trooper heads I have. One is missing the black outline around the yellow eye and the other has a black splotch on the bottom of the eye. Not a huge deal or hard to fix, but still kind of annoying.

Sorry to hear about the paint apps.

I have four troopers but I am using one with a He-Man head on so i am thinking about getting another Sunder as I do like the exposed demon head.

Here ya go chaps! A lil something I had a hand in. There were other much bigger hands of course but this is something I have pushed to be made for years and now it's finally here and I can tell you that you have never seen this art quite this well before. :)

14502714_10153705450645938_2740266353272068383_n.jpg

I love it Eamon! I just hope there are enough of them to go around. The Mark Taylor portfolio sold out fast so I hope they make more of these.

I saw these on instagram and super7 said something along the lines that they will only be online if there any leftover. Is that true or will there be enough on the website?

I know they made more of this particular one and there was some of the Taylor's on the site after SDCC.

Last edited:
Here ya go chaps! A lil something I had a hand in. There were other much bigger hands of course but this is something I have pushed to be made for years and now it's finally here and I can tell you that you have never seen this art quite this well before. :)

View attachment 295079

How can I get my hands on things like this if I am located in Germany? They look terriffic!

On a side note: Around the SDCC weekend I was writing my final exams. Looks like NYCC weekend will be the date to get the results (Friday - everyone who faild, Monday - everyone who passed). Best nerd omen ever. :lol

How can I get my hands on things like this if I am located in Germany? They look terriffic!

On a side note: Around the SDCC weekend I was writing my final exams. Looks like NYCC weekend will be the date to get the results (Friday - everyone who faild, Monday - everyone who passed). Best nerd omen ever. :lol

Well more of this was printed than the Taylor one and if there are some left (as there was with the previous one), they will be available from the Super & store.

Back