Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's talk about this....and what's to come

point-dread-filmation-teela-tease_full.jpg

Pretty excited about that. The Talon Fighter was my favorite vehicle as a kid. Can't wait to see how it turns out. So far the vehicles have all turned out amazing. Also cool that they are releasing Filmation Teela. For the most part I don't have a big desire for Filmation variants, but it is still cool they are doing Teela. Was pretty cool they way they revealed it also. Was a little disappointed we didn't get to see it at Toy Fair, so it was cool to get a sneak peek.

Really looking forward to the Talon Fighter. I have vivid memories of getting the original for my birthday. Brought it home, dropped the record onto the turntable and read along. I don't think I played with any other vehicle more than the Talon Fighter.

So anyway, about the picture. Point Dread doesn't look to me like a 100% production piece. Teela also looks like she may be a paint master. Regardless, I hope to get both this year, and I hope they come together. I don't want to have to chase down what is sure to be another holy grail figure if she's sold separately. if she is a pack in with the Talon Fighter, I'm sure everyone who wants her will get her assuming they are willing to throw down the rumored $150.

Pretty surprised about Filmation Teela. From my knowledge the discussed Filmation sub has been cancelled in favor of SM (a relation I havent understood anyway). So with the tease of Teela we have a character comming that would obviously be a part of the Filmation minisub in 2016. Summed up it makes me believe that we will get the Filmation minisub in 2016 too, which is great I think.

There are characters that would need a proper upgrade/rerelease that a Filmation mini sub makes totally sense.
On the other hand I have really a hard time thinking of 6 Filmation charcters for a minisub... :lol

- Teela (obviously)
- Sorceress (better wings)
- He-Man
- Trap Jaw
- Tri Klops
- Skeletor

As the sub excl. I would t mind another headset...

But in my eyes there is no real need for a Filnation Skeletor or He-Man. These would be better for the headset. Just switch heads with the original release and you are good.

Any specific Filmation characters people want to see?

I'd actually want a retooled Filmation Skeletor (not just the head), using the new Oo-lar arms, TDKR Batman boots and an accurate havoc staff.

He-man on the other hand, I agree, a new headsculpt would be enough.

I know it's off topic but I gotta ask, Eamon did you do the artwork inside the box for the ACI LOTR Aragorn 1/6 figure?

Yup, I designed the fill box and did the illustrations for both ACI Lord of the Rings figures. As you can imagine, I am very very proud. I love LOTR, Aragorn is my man and these are really great figures. :)

LOL!
Missed all the drama... the newbies speak the truth though... :horror
Out of a hundred guesses, one is bound to be right eventually... specially with the list of characters shrinking down! ;)
In any case, seems like the new management doesn't want to keep all the secrecy as TG did, as the 200x name list was fully disclosed and we got the teasers on the video even mentioned on their FB page, so I expect them to be more open from now on.

So... any other gossip about Snake Mountain?

Is there anyone in the know who can share if it's actually happening, what it will look like, etc?

Yes it will happen.

From my knowledge the look is similar to the CG: Heavily inspired by the vintage line but with other influences aswell. However Icon Heroes have set the bar very high for this...

I dont have any sources, its just how people talk...

it's happening :cuckoo: :rolleyes2 according to the newbs and the same ole usual member,I don't know anything...I don't care,because I do know....it's nice to know people who know and work in toys ;)

That's good news!

I sure hope it's not exactly like the vintage one since that play set was poorly executed IMO. If it's going to be a closable clamshell like CG, I would hope they give it floors this time. A completely new design would be better though. Something stackable and about the size of the Sectaurs Hyve would be ideal.

DeVon Franklin just posted that pic, I hope that means good news as yesterday he said the new head of Sony Pictures was sorting projects out..
I hope its just a teaser, needs more work IMO...

Last edited:
* Giants figures use designs "scanned" from the vintage figures? Which figures? Is this new to Zodac and MAA? Were the commemorative figures scanned or the actual vintage figures?

They're based on the commemorative figures, including the paint apps.

Knowing what I know about Castle Grayskull, I am worried about how good Snake Mountain will be. I have my fingers crossed.

Edit:Oh and I totally think they was going for a Dolph Lundgren vibe on SA He-Man's face.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be undersized. But how could it not be? A proper mounting in scale would be 6 feet high or bigger.

Your predictions have also been wrong since the beginning. Here's a recap from 2009:

Results: 0/5 although you were only a month off on Teela which was a whole lot better than the 3 years 2 months on Ram Man.

Results: The only thing you somewhat got correct was Battle Cat who was released in February.

He did say "guess." He didn't claim to have a source on it.

Back