Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

The Muppet Show DVD's release dates sucks... it takes too long and they could've done a better job on the extras and packaging... not really collector friendly... and Season one was lacking a bunch of sketches...

Do you have info on those Vinylmation? I've only seen Kermit, and I personally don't like Kermit on a Mickey's body... I like Designer Toys and Urban Vinyls but this one is a sad example of how Disney has screwed up the Muppets...

Oh and sorry, but Letters to Santa sucked big time...IMO...

I mean, they're just there for Disney to make a quick buck...
they don't treat the Muppets with the respect the franchise deserves...

Sorry about the rant... I like Disney, and I love the Muppets,
I just don't think Disney is doing a good job handling them... :peace

The reason for the slow release dates is due to them securing all the rights to the songs in episodes. I hope they go back and get the rights for the ones missing in Season 1 and offer replacment disc for people who already own it. I dont know if they have done it for Season 2 and 3 yet, but there is a non-fuzzy Season One boxsets available.

I liked Letters to Santa. It's the closest the Muppets have been to how they use to be since before Jim Hensons death.

Id say they are treating the Muppets better than the Jim Henson Company has since Jim died.

Don'y worry about the rant. Im just glad to find more Muppet fans. :rock

Edited to add I hope they release all 5 Sesons of TMS. I know they are working os 4 now. I just hope they don't just stop releasing them so there will be unfinished sets. Like they did with Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, and TaleSpin. :(

I agree that Disney hasn't done the Muppets "justice." However, I don't think it is just Disney. The Muppets lost their "soul" when Henson died. Of course, Henson wasn't the only writer/creative input on the Muppets, but nothing Muppet-related released after his death had that certain something that made the Muppets special, IMO.

Of course, nothing can bring that back, but I'm really hoping that Stoller et al. will at least avoid the bland crap of the 1990s and 2000s (the pirate movie, the Christmas Carol movie, "Muppets Tonight," etc.) and make the Muppets great again.

Some info taken from the Muppet Central forum...

Hi All!

First, thanks for all of the enthusiasm in regards to the "reboot" of the Muppet Posers!

I do not know how many of you are registered for our newsletter, but we gave some details of the cooperation of Disney and Puppet Heap in the project.

Puppet Heap is supplying to us all of the patterns, sample fabrics, reference photos, etc to ensure that we make our prototypes correctly. We feel it is very important to get this information from them, since it is the small details that capture the unique personalities of the characters.

Puppet Heap is NOT making the prototypes for us. We are using a resource that will ensure that we can manufacture these in a production environment, which most of you know is very different than making one at a time.

We ran into a little delay in launching our new website, but we are hoping that it will be launched in the next few weeks. We will be posting development pictures on the website when we have something to share.

Thanks once again, and also thanks for understanding that this is a long and sometimes difficult process in order to ensure that it is engineered properly to deliver a great quality product!

Bryan

More updates,
Rizzo and Reporter Kermit are the first ones...

Hi All!

I just wanted to give you a little update since our new website is not ready yet.

Last week we had the opportunity to actually photograph, get the necessary reference material and understand the construction of an actual Rizzo muppet and Kermit poser. What incredible puppets! There are so many fine details that we feel give the muppet their unique "personalities" and we will try our best to capture these subtleties in our products. This will differentiate our posers from a simple "stuffed animal." It is amazing to see them "come to life" when the puppeteer put her hand in it to animate it. I can tell you that Reporter Kermit and Rizzo are going to be incredible posers!

Now for the bad news, we are not allowed to post any pictures of the Rizzo and Kermit muppets we photogrpaphed because they only want pictures out that are properly staged and posed. I totally undertand and agree with this rule.

After comparing our prototype to the actual puppet, we definitely have our work cut out for us in order to have something ready for Comic Con.

A lot of people are requesting to be on our mailng list. You can do this by going to our website: www.efxcollectibles.com and register. However, please note that you will have to re-register when we launch our new website since our new site is being built on a different platform and they are telling us that we cannot transfer the database.

Also, you can follow us on Twitter and MySpace. We are eFXCollectibles.

More upates to come.

I hope they do some more work on Reporter Kermit's clothes. The hat is way to big.

Rizzo looks great from the side shots, but from the front shot something looks off.

Miss Piggy looks to be off to a good start.

I like the Rizzo...might be the only one I get so far. I'm fine with my MR Kermit where the Reporter Kermit isn't necessary (unless they update the puppet itself...which is doubtful).

I saw these yesterday,
they look awesome!!
Pics from MC Was Once Ernie...

reporterkermit.jpg

rizzo02.jpg

I'll upload mine later...

I agree that Disney hasn't done the Muppets "justice." However, I don't think it is just Disney. The Muppets lost their "soul" when Henson died. Of course, Henson wasn't the only writer/creative input on the Muppets, but nothing Muppet-related released after his death had that certain something that made the Muppets special, IMO.

Of course, nothing can bring that back, but I'm really hoping that Stoller et al. will at least avoid the bland crap of the 1990s and 2000s (the pirate movie, the Christmas Carol movie, "Muppets Tonight," etc.) and make the Muppets great again.

you seriously don't like muppet treasure island? that movie is freaking awesome.

Hello Slade :wave

BBTS

Master Replica Poser Gonzo

$68 + S&H!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MST10146&mode=retail

I wish I waited, but at least I didn't pay FULL price.

Yep it's been going down on price a lot since MR announced they were canceling the line...
I actually got an Animal for $99.00!! :horror

And why is this thread in Disneyana now? That just made me throw up in my mouth.

As much as I hate it... Disney owns The Muppets... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney doesn't own Star Wars or Indiana Jones though. They just have a deal with Lucas for theme park attractions and merchandise.

The Muppets use to be the same way till The Jim Henson Company sold them off to Disney.

I really need to order that Gonzo soon!

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered Gonzo. I have the Animal and he is sweet.

Eric

Back