Mass Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, I loved the KOTOR games but i'm not really into any other games of the type. Should I buy Mass Effect, or just rent it? Sounds worth a buy from what everybody is saying. Opinion?

It's very much like KOTOR, but the only problem I have is how your team works, you can't switch to the other characters (which makes sense for a shooter rather than turn-based) but as a weird thing if your friends die then you can revive them or they'll just come back automatically after the fighting is over, but if you die then it's game over which is really frustrating. Plus, your friends are really stupid about avoiding enemy fire, they'll just stand there as an enemy throws a biotic power at them and then die.

But really it's just too beautiful to skip, I love lens flares....

What happens in the Gentelmen's club after 5 minutes? All I did was just sit there and the girl dances and all I can do is lean forward or leave.

I think I am at the end boss guys. If I beat him I am ready to join the online fun. God I hope I can beat him! LOL! I miss you guys! :eek:

I'll chime in again, Great Game, but I have beat it to death.

If anyone in the USA wants my mint copy, its yours for $45 shipped via First Class mail. :cool:

I'll chime in again, Great Game, but I have beat it to death.

If anyone in the USA wants my mint copy, its yours for $45 shipped via First Class mail. :cool:

Anyone who hasn't gotten this game yet should jump on this deal. It's certainly worth $45.

I just beat it! :cool: That game rules! Nightcreeper I think they might have downloadable content at some point.

I didn't get to play this at all last night and I won't tonight but it'll be all I do this weekend so hopefully I'll get close to beating it.

Badmoon, what was your final game time?

I didn't get to play this at all last night and I won't tonight but it'll be all I do this weekend so hopefully I'll get close to beating it.

Badmoon, what was your final game time?

Not sure of the level of my character. It was around 25 hours playtime though. Thats at least what the game logged. I bet it was closer to 30 though. I spent 6 hours at the citidel in the beginning. After that I only did about 4 or 5 sidequests.

I've already done at least 15 sidequests:monkey1

They were boring me and not really advancing the story. I would try to talk to the people after every one and they never had anything to say. So I said forget this crap after a while. I have a save that I can go back and do them if I wish.

They were boring me and not really advancing the story. I would try to talk to the people after every one and they never had anything to say. So I said forget this crap after a while. I have a save that I can go back and do them if I wish.

I like leveling up :D I think I'm at a level 21 and I've only done one of the main tasks thus far. The money is pretty good too.

Just finished

12 hours, Level 37

Although it actually took much longer than that, I had several points where I came up to a Boss and it took forever to beat them but that doesn't count towards game time.

It sort of sets it up for a second one, but it would be possible to stop at this one. Although I know they are doing a 2nd and 3rd one.

Really great game, now I have to go through again and try to get all the points.

I'm level 13 and about 9 and a half hours in, and I have yet to go to any of the "main quest" planets after leaving the Citadel. Every time I think I'm going to try out Noveria or Feros, I get some new radio transmission with another side quest. This game is amazing, though I do wish there was a bit more variety to the side missions, but that's a small complaint. Overall, I am loving this game!

How the hell do you beat this game in 12 hours :confused:

I'm a level 38, and am about 22 hours in. I think I've only finished about half the main story though.

I"m doing every sidequest there is and I'm level 8, 6 hours in. I'm still at the citadel, damn you guys play fast. I guess I like to explore and just play around with the game too much.

OH, how do you buy a permit for the jelly guy to preach in the citadel? I don't have enough charm to bride the turian c-sec officer.

Just chiming in to say I finally starting playing this last night. Decided to give COD4 a night off. It's good stuff; Nice story. Combat is a little clunky but I got over it fast. Can't wait to see what happens.:chew

Back