Media Mass Effect General Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All we can do is wait for ME4, hope it doesn't suck and that it catches the attention of any brand out there to make figures, I only wish for 3 above anyone else, Shepard, Garrus and Liara, any scale would do.

Unfortunately for us Mass Effect isn't that popular in China but I would've hoped DAM/VTS or even SooSoo would've taken a stab at making a new Shepard by now, especially DAM/VTS since they've done stuff like Rico from Starship Troopers and the characters from a sci-fi movie called The Wandering Earth and of course they have a lot of experience with military figures, SooSoo is more likely to listen but less likely to make it-

The whole situation really sucks, the end of the third game left a big stain in the legacy of the original trilogy and Andromeda made things worse, I hope ME4 can give us the continuation we deserve and hopefully some new figures along with it.
succession-hbo.gif

Those are my Top 3 as well. I'd love to have all the big names of the crew, but that's a pipe dream, money, space and availability wise. Dam's my preferred official company for now, as they're doing good work with their AC & Godfather figures. Imagine even a fraction of this as a display:

mass-effect-team-serfatboy-d91o7ag-7526a.png

But yeah, it all comes down to ME4 being a hit and putting the franchise back on the map.

All we can do is wait for ME4, hope it doesn't suck and that it catches the attention of any brand out there to make figures, I only wish for 3 above anyone else, Shepard, Garrus and Liara, any scale would do.

Unfortunately for us Mass Effect isn't that popular in China but I would've hoped DAM/VTS or even SooSoo would've taken a stab at making a new Shepard by now, especially DAM/VTS since they've done stuff like Rico from Starship Troopers and the characters from a sci-fi movie called The Wandering Earth and of course they have a lot of experience with military figures, SooSoo is more likely to listen but less likely to make it-

The whole situation really sucks, the end of the third game left a big stain in the legacy of the original trilogy and Andromeda made things worse, I hope ME4 can give us the continuation we deserve and hopefully some new figures along with it.
Yep Garrus and Liara were always my go to squad, so that’s who I’d want alongside a male Shepard figure.

I don’t see them happening though unfortunately, even when it comes to third party figures there just aren’t a lot of video game 1/6 figures being made.

Right now, I see two possible scenarios with ME4 release.

First: before release, all the OG fans create hype around the game and pique everyone's interest in trying out the latest instalment 'one of the best sci-fi RPG games'. Game releases, is a success, Bioware gets its rep back, and ME goes through a resurgence in popularity like never before.

Second: game gets hyped up, only to turn out to be another disappointment; ME dies for good.

Nevertheless, if ME4 manages to get good critical reception, the impacts of this would be tenfold (considering how much gaming has grown in the last decade).

Well I managed to find a Threezero Shepard from a local collector for a great price under $200, it's not a perfect figure by any means but I'll be glad to finally have him in 1/6.

I also shot an email at Threezero asking if they have any plans or if they're willing to take suggestions for new Mass Effect figures and a rep responded saying they would forward my suggestion to the higher ups, it probably won't ammount to anything but figured you guys would like to know.

Last edited:
Well I managed to find a Threezero Shepard from a local collector for a great price under $200, it's not a perfect figure by any means but I'll be glad to finally have him in 1/6.

I also shot an email at Threezero asking if they have any plans or if they're willing to take suggestions for new Mass Effect figures and a rep responded saying they would forward my suggestion to the higher ups, it probably won't ammount to nothing but figured you guys would like to know.
Maybe I could let them know as well…

I mean, if they know there’s interest, the more the merrier.

Threezero has improved a lot of the years, and although they're not the best in the business I just want some figures. Garrus has been my most wanted character for years.
Garrus should've been their second ME figure, man what a wasted opportunity, at this point I'll take any brand as long as they give me a good Shepard, Garrus, Liara, Threezero already did Mass Effect and they we're doing Anthem figures, it would be nice for them to redeem themselves and give us the figures we all wanted when they had the license.

Is Andromeda worth playing now? I was thinking of starting another ME OT playthrough but seeing as the next game might somehow merge Andromeda and the Milky Way I figured it might be a good time to give the game a shot but only if it isn't an absolute mess like it was on launch.

I'm still convinced ME4 is a full nostalgia filled direct sequel, none of this "hundreds of years in the future" stuff.

Zooming in on the poster, I really think it's the old cast, all out together looking for Shep.

ENHANCE.jpg

My theory is the Geth have Shepard's body, since we know from Legion they see him as a messiah figure, and the very first thing we see in the teaser trailer is an Alderson Disk at the very edge of the galaxy, and the Geth both live at the very edge of the galaxy beyond the Perseus veil and we know the Geth were interested in building a Dyson Sphere. And this aligns with the teaser poster showing the crew walking toward a giant Geth shaped crater, the implication being they're investigating the Geth and the teaser trailer showing Liara looking for N7 armor among the ruins of dead reapers.

Is Andromeda worth playing now? I was thinking of starting another ME OT playthrough but seeing as the next game might somehow merge Andromeda and the Milky Way I figured it might be a good time to give the game a shot but only if it isn't an absolute mess like it was on launch.

To each their own, but I still couldn't make it through Andromeda when I tried to play it last year following the OT remaster. It just doesn't grab me the same way.

And I honestly don't expect there to be much of a connection between Andromeda and the next Mass Effect, tbh. That idea is based entirely on that one developer quote saying they won't completely ignore Andromeda, but I think it's pretty telling that the very first thing we saw about the new Mass Effect is a zoomed out picture of both the Milky Way and Andromeda, only to very quickly zoom in to the Milky Way. What some people see as a hint both galaxies are in the game, I see as a clear metaphor that Andromeda is getting left behind and we're going back to the Milky Way.

I think, at best, what we'll get is some answers to the some of the mysteries about who founded the Andromeda initiative, since those people would still be in the milky way. What I do not see happening is Ryder and company being in the game in any capacity.

I'm still convinced ME4 is a full nostalgia filled direct sequel, none of this "hundreds of years in the future" stuff.

Zooming in on the poster, I really think it's the old cast, all out together looking for Shep.

View attachment 569719

My theory is the Geth have Shepard's body, since we know from Legion they see him as a messiah figure, and the very first thing we see in the teaser trailer is an Alderson Disk at the very edge of the galaxy, and the Geth both live at the very edge of the galaxy beyond the Perseus veil and we know the Geth were interested in building a Dyson Sphere. And this aligns with the teaser poster showing the crew walking toward a giant Geth shaped crater, the implication being they're investigating the Geth and the teaser trailer showing Liara looking for N7 armor among the ruins of dead reapers.
All we have are theories right now, I'm not sure how that would work unless Shepard is only found at the end of the game, playing as a new protagonist only to find Shepard would be a major diservice to that character, I've thought that maybe we can have a prologue section where we play as Liara finding Shepard and then we do a time jump, there's a lot of ways this could go, of course most of us would love to see the old crew back and a direct sequel makes the most sense in that case but then BioWare would have to make a canon story where your decisions didn't really matter, setting the game in the far future and bringing back some of the old squad that's still alive would avoid that but then again not many people would appreciate it, and then there's the question of what the new conflict will be, another AI threat? More Geth? It just feels like threading old ground, I personally think bringing the dark energy plot would be awesome, as for finding Shepard I'm curious to see how they'll do that, if they do that of course, even in the Destroy ending Shepard was supposedly floating in space again, and since that ending wipes out all synthetic life there would be no Geth to rescue him, dammit lol all this brainstorming is worthless, we'll have to wait a few more years before we get a clear idea of what the story will be.

All we have are theories right now, I'm not sure how that would work unless Shepard is only found at the end of the game, playing as a new protagonist only to find Shepard would be a major diservice to that character, I've thought that maybe we can have a prologue section where we play as Liara finding Shepard and then we do a time jump, there's a lot of ways this could go, of course most of us would love to see the old crew back and a direct sequel makes the most sense in that case but then BioWare would have to make a canon story where your decisions didn't really matter, setting the game in the far future and bringing back some of the old squad that's still alive would avoid that but then again not many people would appreciate it, and then there's the question of what the new conflict will be, another AI threat? More Geth? It just feels like threading old ground, I personally think bringing the dark energy plot would be awesome, as for finding Shepard I'm curious to see how they'll do that, if they do that of course, even in the Destroy ending Shepard was supposedly floating in space again, and since that ending wipes out all synthetic life there would be no Geth to rescue him, dammit lol all this brainstorming is worthless, we'll have to wait a few more years before we get a clear idea of what the story will be.

I'll be honest, I don't care about them cementing "canon" choices. I understand, to a certain extent, why fans of this franchise in specific have such an issue with the idea, since the trilogy was billed so heavily on the idea of your decisions carrying through to the next game, but I'm so used to playing a new game in a franchise with the understanding that I don't actually have any idea what happened canonically in the last one. Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises and it's a perfect example of that. Resident Evil Remake has 12 endings and none of them are the canon one, there's no ending in the actual game where all four main characters survive even though canonically they all do. RE2 has two mutually exclusive campaigns and pieces of both of them are canon.

But re: who we'd be playing as, considering Liara is at the head of the pack in the teaser, I think we're at least playing the beginning of the game as her. Could be we play the entire game as her, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it, or it could be the search for Shepard is just the opening act and we're back to Shep a couple hours in, who knows.

My theory as to how the Geth are still alive is that the ones that stayed behind in the Perseus Veil were shielded from the Space Magic by the Space Storm lol.

To each their own, but I still couldn't make it through Andromeda when I tried to play it last year following the OT remaster. It just doesn't grab me the same way.

And I honestly don't expect there to be much of a connection between Andromeda and the next Mass Effect, tbh. That idea is based entirely on that one developer quote saying they won't completely ignore Andromeda, but I think it's pretty telling that the very first thing we saw about the new Mass Effect is a zoomed out picture of both the Milky Way and Andromeda, only to very quickly zoom in to the Milky Way. What some people see as a hint both galaxies are in the game, I see as a clear metaphor that Andromeda is getting left behind and we're going back to the Milky Way.

I think, at best, what we'll get is some answers to the some of the mysteries about who founded the Andromeda initiative, since those people would still be in the milky way. What I do not see happening is Ryder and company being in the game in any capacity.
Andromeda was just a mess, what really killed it for me was the team behind it and the story being so mediocre compared to what came before it, but after playing through the OT many times I begin to crave something new, and sometimes I'm tempted to play Andromeda but then I remember what a *********** everything about that game was and I quickly drop the idea, I just wish things turned out differently, I hope they do for ME4, if that game sucks then it's over, but I reaaaaaaaaly hope not, I'm rooting for it to be successful.

I'll be honest, I don't care about them cementing "canon" choices. I understand, to a certain extent, why fans of this franchise in specific have such an issue with the idea, since the trilogy was billed so heavily on the idea of your decisions carrying through to the next game, but I'm so used to playing a new game in a franchise with the understanding that I don't actually have any idea what happened canonically in the last one. Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises and it's a perfect example of that. Resident Evil Remake has 12 endings and none of them are the canon one, there's no ending in the actual game where all four main characters survive even though canonically they all do. RE2 has two mutually exclusive campaigns and pieces of both of them are canon.

But re: who we'd be playing as, considering Liara is at the head of the pack in the teaser, I think we're at least playing the beginning of the game as her. Could be we play the entire game as her, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it, or it could be the search for Shepard is just the opening act and we're back to Shep a couple hours in, who knows.

My theory as to how the Geth are still alive is that the ones that stayed behind in the Perseus Veil were shielded from the Space Magic by the Space Storm lol.
I understand, I think it's pretty much confirmed that destroy ending is canon and I'm fine with that, hopefully they don't make any bad decisions canon.

I wouldn't mind playing as Liara for the prologue yeah, I'm just curious to see how they introduce Shep back into the story, and for what reason will they be brought back, aside from their old mates wanting them back of course.

Space magic makes sense lol, I hope they aren't the main villains tho, it would make Legion's sacrifice worthless then again I suppose the destroy ending already did it, perhaps that's why the Geth are mad! 😲

Andromeda was just a mess, what really killed it for me was the team behind it and the story being so mediocre compared to what came before it, but after playing through the OT many times I begin to crave something new, and sometimes I'm tempted to play Andromeda but then I remember what a *********** everything about that game was and I quickly drop the idea, I just wish things turned out differently, I hope they do for ME4, if that game sucks then it's over, but I reaaaaaaaaly hope not, I'm rooting for it to be successful.

The fatal flaw with Andromeda, for me, at least, was how it reneged on its promise. Andromeda bills itself as this step into a new, truly alien world where humans have never stepped foot in, only for our character to arrive a few months after first contact already happened. By the time we meet the new aliens they've already got a diplomatic relationship with humans in place and already have each others languages and customs translated... And rather than setting up colonies on new worlds, we spend most the game running errands for colonies that were already built by the time we get there. The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth even before the plot kicked in.

then there's the question of what the new conflict will be, another AI threat? More Geth? It just feels like threading old ground, I personally think bringing the dark energy plot would be awesome, as for finding Shepard I'm curious to see how they'll do that, if they do that of course, even in the Destroy ending Shepard was supposedly floating in space again, and since that ending wipes out all synthetic life there would be no Geth to rescue him, dammit lol all this brainstorming is worthless, we'll have to wait a few more years before we get a clear idea of what the story will be.

I do hope they resist the urge to go bigger because they feel that's expected of them. The new Star Wars movies felt like they had to have an even bigger empire with an even more older and eviler leader and nobody cared. Meanwhile Mando is about a dude just trying to raise a kid and everybody loves it.

My favorite ME is the second one and the reapers are barely in it. The world itself is interesting, the conflicts in it are interesting, the characters are, for the most part, well written and you enjoy just spending time with them. Whatever conflict ME4 positions as its main story thread, it really does not need to be bigger or badder than the Reapers to justify itself. I do worry about that hanging plot thread with the Leviathans, since the DLC has them outright saying once the Reapers are gone, they'll come out of hiding and take the galaxy themselves, and I see no way to make the plot about them without it feeling like a retread.

I do hope they resist the urge to go bigger because they feel that's expected of them. The new Star Wars movies felt like they had to have an even bigger empire with an even more older and eviler leader and nobody cared. Meanwhile Mando is about a dude just trying to raise a kid and everybody loves it.

My favorite ME is the second one and the reapers are barely in it. The world itself is interesting, the conflicts in it are interesting, the characters are, for the most part, well written and you enjoy just spending time with them. Whatever conflict ME4 positions as its main story thread, it really does not need to be bigger or badder than the Reapers to justify itself. I do worry about that hanging plot thread with the Leviathans, since the DLC has them outright saying once the Reapers are gone, they'll come out of hiding and take the galaxy themselves, and I see no way to make the plot about them without it feeling like a retread.
I hope so too, after a massive war with the reapers jumping into another one would feel stale, they should show us how everyone is rebuilding and how Liara and her team are going to find Shepard, some type of conflict is always necessary so I'll take rogue geth for the first act, but then I'd like to see them tackle the dark energy plot, it would be different enough from any other threat we've seen. As far as the Leviathans, I never liked them so I wouldn't even mind if they just disappeared, if they have to bring them back tho I hope they do something different, something like the DLC would be cool and creepy where they slowly try taking over multiple worlds using telepathy but again it would be a retread, so in the end, whatever they do I hope is good, the franchise needs this new game to succed, I hope DA4 doesn't suck either because I don't want EA to pull the plug on Bioware without us seeing ME4 first.

I think switching to another member of the squad for a prologue segment, or even the first 1/4 of the game would be interesting and could work. Liara would be an obvious choice since she was in the teaser trailer, also Garrus or Tali. They've all been with Shepard from the start and would continue to stand with him so I wouldn't take it as disrespect to switch back to Shepard.

Like how Ellie took over for a bit as the playable character when Joel was injured in the first game.

I think switching to another member of the squad for a prologue segment, or even the first 1/4 of the game would be interesting and could work. Liara would be an obvious choice since she was in the teaser trailer, also Garrus or Tali. They've all been with Shepard from the start and would continue to stand with him so I wouldn't take it as disrespect to switch back to Shepard.

Like how Ellie took over for a bit as the playable character when Joel was injured in the first game.
As long as it's not something like The Last of Us 2 I think we're all good! :lol

Back