Mass Effect 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice thanks! :duff yea I think ill stick to the what you said and take out the small fries first. Im just getting my mindset ready for the 2 damn scions on Horizon, cuz that sucked even on hardcore. I was using the battle rifle (3-shot burst) due to the accuracy in my last game, but i hate the lack of ammo and I used the vidicator the rest of the game after i got it on the collector's ship. I'll give the 1st rifle a shot.

Damn k, It'll be a while before I hit the suicide mission on insanity but i'll keep this post in mind when I play through that area. :monkey2 Phew this sounds like its gonna be tough. Gonna have to focus and sit up straight to beat this thing.

Thanks again Jen and reave kicks mighty ass! :rock

Actually suicide mission wasn't bad at all. I didn't die once! :D :rock I found it it be much easier than Horizon and the Collector Ship.

Actually suicide mission wasn't bad at all. I didn't die once! :D :rock I found it it be much easier than Horizon and the Collector Ship.

Same here, made it through Suicide Mission first time, but Horizon/Collector's ship I don't even want to think about

Same here, made it through Suicide Mission first time, but Horizon/Collector's ship I don't even want to think about

I also thought the IFF was a real _____. :eek: Those damn husks....They overwhelm me......and then I'm dead. I just kept running on insane - all the way to the door. I guess that's cheating a bit. :lol I didn't know what else to do but keep running because I had the majority of them closing in on me....so I ran like Forrest Gump until I could run no further.

Then I had husks and 2 scions after me....and no teammates....so I started running back until I got about half way....then I ran all the way to the door again and was able to hack/open it before anyone attacked me. :eek: I didn't think it would work without killing everyone first...but I knew I was on a one way train to hell so I figured I would try it - and it worked. :lol

I suck with the husks...what can I say. I guess running away can sometimes work to your advantage. :lol

Just beat the Collector ship. That was...an experience. Came out of it hyped up and definitely relieved. Died a few times in the fight with the Pretarion, but that Collector machine gun is a life saver. I know it's not the most popular gun, but good god, at close range Harbinger can suck a _____.
That gun coupled with Inferno ammo is absolutely devastating. You are a voice of clarity and reason Jen, in no small part because of your suggestions Insanity has been not terribly frustrating.
I've decided to kill Samara when the time comes. If no one else finds out before me, I'll let you know what happens.

Just beat the Collector ship. That was...an experience. Came out of it hyped up and definitely relieved. Died a few times in the fight with the Pretarion, but that Collector machine gun is a life saver. I know it's not the most popular gun, but good god, at close range Harbinger can suck a _____.
That gun coupled with Inferno ammo is absolutely devastating. You are a voice of clarity and reason Jen, in no small part because of your suggestions Insanity has been not terribly frustrating.
I've decided to kill Samara when the time comes. If no one else finds out before me, I'll let you know what happens.

Congrats on beating the Collector Ship! No easy thing, there! :rock :rock :rock

To me, that was the hardest one. Now that you know how to whip those Collector's asses - the next time you face them it's a breeze. :D They really are easy pickin's with a good machine gun/assault rifle and inferno ammo.

I found the mission to recruit Tali to be one of the hardest. Partly because that damn sun burns out your shields. I HATED that one...even more than the IFF.

Can't wait to hear how things go after you kill Samara. :)

Good luck on the rest of your missions! :rock

Last edited:
Thank you :D

So far my most difficult mission, the one that has most made me want to smash the controller was the one where you have to save the crates from the mechs. I was only I think a level 9 or 10 so that was pure hell. Must have died 10 or more times before I got it right.

Thank you :D

So far my most difficult mission, the one that has most made me want to smash the controller was the one where you have to save the crates from the mechs. I was only I think a level 9 or 10 so that was pure hell. Must have died 10 or more times before I got it right.

I have to admit I didn't do that mission. I only did a couple of the side missions and then just went for the recruitment/loyalty missions. That mission, where you save the crates, I imagine would be a pain on insane. :lol Especially since you probably don't have enough heavy weapon ammo to kill all three big mechs. Those big mechs are a pain. There's the loyalty mission for Garrus where you have to kill 2 of them...that was enough for me. :lol

I guess the path you chose was probably smarter and easier.

This is my third playthrough (though I think I'm going to delete my first one, as it is a huge mess) and each time I've gone for basically 100% completion. I like to do every side mission and meet as many people as possible so that in ME3 I can see the connections make sense. Seeing the decisions you made and missions you took pan out later is probably one of my favorite things about Mass Effect.

I killed Samara and now have Morinth. She starts of Loyal and has the black suit and everything, so so far no problems with her on my team. Will update you on that situation as I go along.

Just kill Samara and have Morinth on board. Her special skills Dominant is quiet impressive. Having control the enemy to fights for us just like jedi mind trick.

Okay, I beat the game on Insanity last night. Total playthrough was about 28 hours (that's exploring every planet in every system, doing all available side and loyalty missions), and I got everyone through alive. The exception to that was Legion, who I unwittingly gave away to Cerberus after I found him which bugged the hell out of me. Thank god I've got a paragon playthrough where I kept him. I did get 50 grand from Cerberus for him though, so I guess that's good.

With regards to Morinth, everything went fine. I used her only as my biotic shield person and had Miranda and Grunt in my squad basically the entire game. After the game she tried to seduce me, but I was like hell no. NO booty worth my life.

It pissed me off how my team reacted to me keeping the Collector tech. I mean, these are some of the meanest, most badass people in the friggin galaxy and they got upset that I did something evil. Even Jack was like, whoa man, that's messed up. Seriously? She kills people for fun and I'm the bad one?

I realize this is way too long a post, but there are a few more things. Did anyone else get a 6th damage upgrade for assault rifles/machine guns? My Revenant MG has +60% damage and it's a freakin monster. The Reaper IFF mission was the easiest in the game for me because of that thing.

For anyone who has yet to play Insane, I strongly suggest playing as a Soldier and picking up the Revenant machine gun on the Collector ship. Fully upgrade Inferno and Disruptor ammo, max out Adrenaline Rush (thank you Jen =D), and finally I maxed out Reave (works great against Scions). Just my advice, but it helped me out a lot.

You know when I was on the Collector ship - when you get to pick a weapon - it wouldn't let me! :cuss So I never got to try the Revenant. When I start jonesing for ME2 I'll try picking it up then.

Congrats on finishing AND doing all the side missions! :bow Way more than what I did - but I did do everything during previous games so I can always import those to ME3. I never saved the Collector tech.....I don't trust Cerberus at all. :lol I still want to play through sometime as a renegade and then I will save it. :)

Just got FF XIII. Played it for about 20 minutes...all I can say right now is BORING. I miss ME already. :( :lol

Thank you kindly :D

Now I've only played as a Soldier in Mass Effect, but I realized that if you picked up a weapon/new power or ability in your first playthrough and then imported your character for another playthrough it won't let you pick up anything else.

When I went through as Paragon I had already picked up the anti-material rifle and when I got to the Collector ship I tried to get the MG and it shut me down. So upsetting :(

Fantastic game though. Makes everything else pale in comparison apparently lol

Who's ready for Kasumi?

1268422752.jpg

Whoa I've never seen that pic before. Awesome!

When does this come out? Is it with the new Hammerhead DLC or something else that comes out later? I only have one achievement left in the game, the Tactician one for using multiple biotic powers and its at 19/20. I need some more missions ahh!

Back