MARVEL'S Secret Invasion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a waste of time, that was so disappointing.

I've been a defender of post-EndGame MCU but I can't really defend this one:

So in the end Talos just ****** over his own species by trusting Fury the entire time and nothing positive came out of it.

G'iah is the most powerful being in the MCU, such a weird loose thread to have out there. Makes any other threat introduced seem trivial.

We don't know when Rhodey was replaced. This might not get answered until Armor Wars, so there will be years of speculation.

Fury seemed more incompetent than ever in this show, failing to stop multiple terrorist attacks, saving his allies, or doing anything positive for the skrulls who trusted him. Was Gravik right? Did Fury really just **** over the Skrulls who worked for him for decades? Not only that, he still has a ******** of a situation with the remaining Skrulls on Earth and he just leaves again?

No Winter Soldier style paranoia or trying to figure out who is a Skrull, we pretty much know it's only Rhodey the entire show.

All-in-all it was a disappointing series that did disservice to the characters of Nick Fury, Talos, Maria Hill, and Rhodey.

This show was nothing... wish they never made it.

]The writing was on the wall when they killed Maria Hill in the first episode as though it was nothing. And then they killed Talos as though it was nothing. Marvel are doing a great job of doing a terrible job atm.

It was truly cringe inducingly bad. I’ve never been a Disney hater but man they are starting to turn me round lol.

This is WHY Barbenheimer became a thing!

This was freaking abysmal.

Way to go undercutting The Marvels movie.

Screw it just give one character 125 super powers.

She had it all :slap

Taskmaster on steroids lol

That proves it right there that derivative characters in the comic books just sucks the life out the core characters.

Last edited:
What the hell did I just watch? :slap I guess we can all look forward to the $3,000 G’iah Hot Toys figure with Heinz 57 flavors worth of Endgame character swap out arms, plus from a few who weren’t there - Frost Giants? Ghost? I guess the CGI team didn’t read the script (not that anyone could blame them lol). What a completely pointless, unsatisfying exercise this show turned out to be.

Last edited:
I’m glad the actors are on strike. Why so many actors of such high caliber agreed to this rubbish is beyond me.

Livvie Coleman was the single only bright spark in this whole thing.

I’m glad the actors are on strike. Why so many actors of such high caliber agreed to this rubbish is beyond me.

Livvie Coleman was the single only bright spark in this whole thing.
Got to remember though, it's the writers that gave us this. So it's either they don't want to get good writers so they cheap out on sucky writers, or they underpay good writers so they give us this garbage in retaliation.

This is WHY Barbenheimer became a thing!

This was freaking abysmal.

Way to go undercutting The Marvels movie.

Screw it just give one character 125 super powers.

She had it all :slap

Taskmaster on steroids lol

That proves it right there that derivative characters in the comic books just sucks the life out the core characters.
When she and Gravik were both doing their Carol Danvers impersonations and flying up into the air, I was really hoping they'd just ascend into space and keep going...

Got to remember though, it's the writers that gave us this. So it's either they don't want to get good writers so they cheap out on sucky writers, or they underpay good writers so they give us this garbage in retaliation.
It was so bad I don’t really care why it was so bad lol

I generally try to look at the positives with the marvel tv shows, but I have to agree with the consensus here. Worst disney plus show yet. No real tension or effective drama, lackluster acting and effects, lame and unsatisfying ending. Maybe the execs are right not to negotiate with writers and actors of this is what they get for their money. What a waste of time.

Showrunner Kyle Bradstreet worked on Mr Robot before this as a writer.

None of that quality carried over here.
And Kevin Feige keeps allowing these shows to be made in this way. The strict 6 episode format is s problem.

If this was a movie everything that happened in this show would have been act 1 & 2.

I think that’s his normal look lol

Howard > Cheadle

:chase
There's a lot of speculation online that this show implies that Rhodey was replaced by a Skrull shortly after he was injured in Civil War, as he was in a hospital gown and didn't have his Stark designed prosthetic braces when he was freed at the end. That doesn't make much sense to me given his heavy involvement in Infinity War and Endgame but what do I know. If that's truly the case they should have doubled down and had Terrence Howard in that Skrull pod at the end instead of Cheadle - that would have really blown people's minds!

Last edited:
Back