Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I re-subbed to Disney Plus to watch Andor (in hopes it lives up to the moderate hype I feel) and started watching She Hulk. Only one episode in, seems light and fun, totally harmless.

Also, maybe I'm going all Captain Kirk but is it wrong that I think she's a babe in Hulk form? #greenchicks

Also, maybe I'm going all Captain Kirk but is it wrong that I think she's a babe in Hulk form? #greenchicks
G8gF7rV.jpg

Go green, they said. Not like that, they said. Too late, we said.

I think Marvel is at it's best when it's either darker and grittier like the Punisher, Daredevil or Jessica Jones series, or light and fluffy like She-Hulk.

The stuff in the middle, as with the movies and more movie-related series, got to a stage where they didn't know whether they wanted to be comedies or end of the world thrillers. I lost my patience with them and gave up trying to watch.

She-Hulk is a fun watch, but probably a watch once and discard forever kind of thing. If I get the urge to rewatch anything Marvel one day it'd probably be the aforementioned darker series.

I enjoyed this episode again. I do agree though, they have to start moving this story forward. That said, I really liked Jen (not She Hulk) here.

There's no plot yet either

I don't think it'll ever need a plot.

The series is a cartoon like Family Guy, wherein the same characters return and funny/weird things happen to them. Family Guy's been going over twenty years and Stewie's still a baby. :lol

I don't think it'll ever need a plot.

The series is a cartoon like Family Guy, wherein the same characters return and funny/weird things happen to them. Family Guy's been going over twenty years and Stewie's still a baby. :lol
That doesn’t work when you set up a large interconnected cinematic universe though.

This serves no purpose.

That doesn’t work when you set up a large interconnected cinematic universe though.

This serves no purpose.

Disney has been throwing a lot of pies at the wall. Some land right next to each other, some even on top of one another (TBOBF & The Mandalorian), and some land a distance away (She-Hulk and Andor). It's just entertainment for money.

TBOBF and Andor are in the same universe, but they're as different as She-Hulk is to Luke Cage. If I was interested enough in Marvel to have a personal canon, She-Hulk wouldn't be in it (just as TBOBF isn't Star Wars canon).

However, as a stand alone I find She-Hulk more watchable than most Marvel. I think it's just a light hearted cartoon with no consequence.

Even with the cameos I’m able to completely disconnect this series from anything related to the Infinity Stones saga or other serious/semi-serious Marvel content and because of that I enjoy it for the fluff tv that it is.
I can totally see how people trying to connect this to anything would hate it though.

Not everything has to contribute to and/or set up the next project in the MCU. Setting up future projects and not being able to exist on it's own is something that some movies/shows in the MCU are often criticised for.

Here we have a show that does exist on it's own, doesn't follow the constraints of the wider MCU, doesn't set up future projects, and now it's criticised for that. They can't win.

Disney has been throwing a lot of pies at the wall. Some land right next to each other, some even on top of one another (TBOBF & The Mandalorian), and some land a distance away (She-Hulk and Andor). It's just entertainment for money.

TBOBF and Andor are in the same universe, but they're as different as She-Hulk is to Luke Cage. If I was interested enough in Marvel to have a personal canon, She-Hulk wouldn't be in it (just as TBOBF isn't Star Wars canon).

However, as a stand alone I find She-Hulk more watchable than most Marvel. I think it's just a light hearted cartoon with no consequence.
I just don't find anything enjoyable about it, really. Even if it was deeply connected to the MCU as a whole it still wouldn't be very good.

It's not funny. It's not well written. The characters aren't very convincing. There's no hook.

It's just another product and if I'm honest it's a bit cringe.

Back