Marvel Studios - Ms. Marvel series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's like a 15 year old Muslim girl whose fists grow real big when she fights. Normally a character's religion wouldn't need to be called out as being part of their character but that was how Marvel marketed her when she was introduced a few years back. "Look at us, the first Muslim superhero! She looks lame and has lame powers and has an off putting personality but look how non-Islamaphobic we are!"

Bla bla bla.

Yeah that's what Marvel says, but she's not the first Muslim Superhero, even for Marvel Comics. Dust is the first Muslim Marvel Superhero.

There are several Mr. Marvels. Looking at the logo, I'm assuming this is Kamala Khan, a Muslim teenager who takes the name from Carol Danvers (Capt Marvel). She basically has the same powers as Plastic Man from DC. So really, both Shazam and Plastic man are screwed now.

Plastic Man can form very complex shapes though, Kamala Khan can just make her fists large.

Plastic Man can form very complex shapes though, Kamala Khan can just make her fists large.

That's a bit of an oversimplification. She can shrink or grow as needed (i.e., it's not just her fists), so she's also kind of like Ant-Man/Giant-Man without the need of the suit & Pym particles. She was exposed to Terrigen mist and as a result gained Inhuman abilities.

So what is the point of Ms. Marvel when you have Ant-Man and the Wasp?

So what is the point of Ms. Marvel when you have Ant-Man and the Wasp?

Once again:

"Look at us, the first Muslim superhero! She looks lame and has lame powers and has an off putting personality but look how non-Islamaphobic we are!"

This is who we should have gotten in the MCU:

ms_marvel_actress.jpg

:drool :D

Once again:

"Look at us, the first Muslim superhero! She looks lame and has lame powers and has an off putting personality but look how non-Islamaphobic we are!"

This is who we should have gotten in the MCU:

ms_marvel_actress.jpg

:drool :D

I can certainly get behind that Ms. Marvel. Though, it'd be a bit confusing to some to have both Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel.

Cloning of superhero character powers has been my complaint my whole life lol

I shake my head when I see collectors buying action figures of 5 different characters who all have the same powers as Cyclops! :slap

Or bit by a spider

Or gamma radiation

Or or or

All it does is dilute what made the original character special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can certainly get behind that Ms. Marvel. Though, it'd be a bit confusing to some to have both Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel.

Well the chick above is both Ms. Marvel *and* Carol Danvers so there wouldn't be a separate "Captain Marvel" had they gone with that incarnation of the character. Not that I ever thought it might be a possibility that they would, lol.

Did you run out of pics to post in the cap marvel thread? I lowkey missed that. It was like you were going into a quiet breakdown or something and were trying to cope

:lol LOL :lol I do have plenty more pics :wink1: , however I just simply decided to not post more.

They had Kamala as part of the Marvel Avengers cartoon for a while so I presume that's why they're going with that version. Frankly she's incredibly annoying and I don't see this coming off well at all.

No interest in this one at all. Much of phase IV has enticed me very little but this one is at the bottom.

Back