Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

View attachment 566296

I'll be signing up with D+ for this.

b351b9fd7193100b39142c7ea017a7ad5c353e5d.gifv

Schizo Lawrence Of Egypt: Lunar Adventures looks absolutely stellar. I'm hyped for this & MoM. If BP2 gives me Balls-To-The-Wall Apocalypto Atlantis, I'll be happy with that too (although I'd have preferred Proto-Egyptian Atlantis, to repeat this broken record; I won't mention He Who Clowns though, I'm feeling restrained right now).

This isn't Beta Fett/Obi-Non Desert Bore. This is Peak SandCore.

giphy.gif

20 days left. Give me the dolls HT. And now I'm wishing for a truly top tier QS MK...

b351b9fd7193100b39142c7ea017a7ad5c353e5d.gifv

Schizo Lawrence Of Egypt: Lunar Adventures looks absolutely stellar. I'm hyped for this & MoM. If BP2 gives me Balls-To-The-Wall Apocalypto Atlantis, I'll be happy with that too (although I'd have preferred Proto-Egyptian Atlantis, to repeat this broken record; I won't mention He Who Clowns though, I'm feeling restrained right now).

This isn't Beta Fett/Obi-Non Desert Bore. This is Peak SandCore.

giphy.gif

20 days left. Give me the dolls HT. And now I'm wishing for a truly top tier QS MK...
Looks like he is in the suit more than what we thought. Upping the chances of HT making that figure now. That suit pic should be on an Egyptian rap album.

Looks like he is in the suit more than what we thought. Upping the chances of HT making that figure now. That suit pic should be on an Egyptian rap album.
Yeah, it's honestly quite surprising. I hope the Egypt scenes aren't just a one-and-done thing and the rest is just him moping around NYC's backstreets. We've seen that enough in other vigilante shows; I want to see some adventuring.

I’m still amazed they made an all-white classic hero suit look SO GOOD.
It is quite the feat. White dirties too easily and, let's be honest, if they stuck too close to the source, it would come off as goofy. The bandages acting as "texture" work, and all the Egyptian decorations make sense, thus turning the suit into something "realistic". It fits with him being a Priest of Khonshu. The Mr. Knight suit was translated pretty great as well. The head's a bit dorky, but this isn't a comic book, so it's not feasible to make the headsock work like that in real life.

Still, I'm impressed. Both this and Dr. Strange are really doing some good work with the costumes. After years of LINESLINESLINES, it's a fresh change of pace. May the rest of the Supernatural Corner keep getting such great designs. Now, Thor 4 on the other hand... I'm hoping Namor looks cool too. The aesthetic they go with could make or break the entire thing.

Full Aztec bro!!

e1171fde0b354b2b601f666bd04f1349--aztec-history-aztec-culture.jpg
...Yeah, maybe tone it down a bit. Less of a colourful mess. Aztecs were much later though, so it'll be a Mayan influence anyhow.

56755952.jpg

This but with a shirt and some Mayan aesthetics and decorations would be good enough. I can't see the guy they got walking around shirtless. It's still its own thing, they shouldn't literally be Mayans under the water. The only way it makes sense is if it's some Proto-Civ that has some racial and cultural connection to those peoples. Otherwise it breaks the timeline. So for my money I'd do away with all the crazy feathers, as they're literally underwater, and focus more on the architecture, sculptures and the such to give it flair. Focus on the spirals, designs and the such. Loincloths/Tunics and feathers don't make sense under the water. It has to be adapted. The crown for example could work, but personally a Namor with a headdress feels wrong. But it could be a ceremonial thing, alongside a cape. Baseline Namor should be more agile and compact. So the influence should come from the bits and decorations, while the "suit" underneath is its own thing.

istock-545593812.jpg

Whatever the aesthetic of DCEU Atlantis is, Aquaman doesn't run around with a toga is what I'm getting at. MCU Namor should be similarly more streamlined. Blend the aesthetics together and come up with something functional.

...Yeah, maybe tone it down a bit. Less of a colourful mess. Aztecs were much later though, so it'll be a Mayan influence anyhow.

56755952.jpg

This but with a shirt and some Mayan aesthetics and decorations would be good enough. I can't see the guy they got walking around shirtless. It's still its own thing, they shouldn't literally be Mayans under the water. The only way it makes sense is if it's some Proto-Civ that has some racial and cultural connection to those peoples. Otherwise it breaks the timeline. So for my money I'd do away with all the crazy feathers, as they're literally underwater, and focus more on the architecture, sculptures and the such to give it flair. Focus on the spirals, designs and the such. Loincloths/Tunics and feathers don't make sense under the water. It has to be adapted. The crown for example could work, but personally a Namor with a headdress feels wrong. But it could be a ceremonial thing, alongside a cape. Baseline Namor should be more agile and compact. So the influence should come from the bits and decorations, while the "suit" underneath is its own thing.

istock-545593812.jpg

Whatever the aesthetic of DCEU Atlantis is, Aquaman doesn't run around with a toga is what I'm getting at. MCU Namor should be similarly more streamlined. Blend the aesthetics together and come up with something functional.
Not sure how Earthquakes in Wakanda relate to Namor in the middle of the Atlantic to Mayan pyramids in Mexico. Maybe they don't, but those are the only strands of Namor that we can think of in the MCU.

Found another pic

FNfpgRnacAEEVdJ

And the wrap album cover I was looking for, minus the tard emojis

FNgIwN8XwAQswiM

Not sure how Earthquakes in Wakanda relate to Namor in the middle of the Atlantic to Mayan pyramids in Mexico. Maybe they don't, but those are the only strands of Namor that we can think of in the MCU.
We'll see, I guess. They should be showing something soon, it's coming out in November and we don't even know who the MC is. I need to know, dammit! QS is going to be getting my money with that Paul & Jokah Baybee, so I need to plan.

Found another pic

FNfpgRnacAEEVdJ
Where did they get that picture of me, and my imaginary gf (female) hearing me talk about how awful Kathleen Kennedy is?!

And the wrap album cover I was looking for, minus the tard emojis

FNgIwN8XwAQswiM
No cap that looks fresh AF on gawd fr fr no bussin.

Why can't Kang be as cool...

I can't speak to the Mayan connection, but the earthquake that Okoye mentioned in Endgame wasn't in Wakanda but rather under the ocean somewhere off the coast of Africa (presumably the Atlantic Ocean side). She mentioned it was a "mild subduction in the African plate", and that plate extends quite a long ways west under the Atlantic. It still may have nothing to do with Namor, but depending on where Atlantis is located there could be a tie-in. Maybe the "power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions" that was released by Thanos's snap has caused a series of these subductions and Atlantis has suffered damage as a result? Maybe Namor will assume Wakanda is to blame and we'll have Wakanda vs. Atlantis in BP2. They've gone to war in the comics, right?

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 16-31-10 7 Major Tectonic Plates The World's Largest Plate Tectonics ...png

I can't speak to the Mayan connection, but the earthquake that Okoye mentioned in Endgame wasn't in Wakanda but rather under the ocean somewhere off the coast of Africa (presumably the Atlantic Ocean side). She mentioned it was a "mild subduction in the African plate", and that plate extends quite a long ways west under the Atlantic. It still may have nothing to do with Namor, but depending on where Atlantis is located there could be a tie-in. Maybe the "power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions" that was released by Thanos's snap has caused a series of these subductions and Atlantis has suffered damage as a result? Maybe Namor will assume Wakanda is to blame and we'll have Wakanda vs. Atlantis in BP2. They've gone to war in the comics, right?

View attachment 566339
Maybe all of that Vibranium mining did something. Idk I'm not a geologist. Atlantis and Wakanda did go to war in the comics. Kostis can write the novel for you. :lol

Funny we haven't heard much of BP2. Apparently the Shuri actress Letitia got hurt and production shut down with her apparently bigger part as maybe the new Black Panther. Heck maybe it is the indomitable Mole Man making his first appearance!

If Namor really is that Mex actor, poor Martin Freeman really will be the token white guy with his boy Serkis dead!

All I know is that I will be checked out some after DS2. I'll keep a pulse on what links are made with the shows and movies, but I am not interested really in anything until Blade and F4 to be honest. This is money time for me as The Batman, Moon Knight and DS2 are all in my wheelhouse. F DC as they cannot even line up their DCEU crap right.

View attachment 566339
Namor and 4 other muties got PHOENIX'D during AvX, Panther was Team Avengers, so Namor, on what was basically a Cosmic High, flooded Wakanda. Then a bit later Wakandan forces razed Atlantis. Namor got pissed and deliberately told Thanos, who was on yet another event quest, that what he was looking for was in Wakanda, so Thanos razed Wakanda again. They fought again, patched things up kinda in Hickman's Secret Wars, and that was it.

They'll fight because that's all normies know about Namor. That and the Sue thing, but I can't see any woman leaving the supergenius adventurer husband with the elastic dick, to go after a middle aged pudgy guy like the actor they cast, so they'll drop that plotline in the MCU. Which just leaves the flooding. Either way, we all know it'll be revealed that someone like Doom orchestrated the whole deal. There's no way they'll do Brown V. Black Ethnostates and have either coming out as the bad guy. But I don't mind, it fits; Doom is the type to do that. And he should, I don't want a watered down version. I want the glorious bastard he is to be brought forth.

Maybe all of that Vibranium mining did something. Idk I'm not a geologist. Atlantis and Wakanda did go to war in the comics. Kostis can write the novel for you. :lol

Funny we haven't heard much of BP2. Apparently the Shuri actress Letitia got hurt and production shut down with her apparently bigger part as maybe the new Black Panther. Heck maybe it is the indomitable Mole Man making his first appearance!

If Namor really is that Mex actor, poor Martin Freeman really will be the token white guy with his boy Serkis dead!

All I know is that I will be checked out some after DS2. I'll keep a pulse on what links are made with the shows and movies, but I am not interested really in anything until Blade and F4 to be honest. This is money time for me as The Batman, Moon Knight and DS2 are all in my wheelhouse. F DC as they cannot even line up their DCEU crap right.
I'm intrigued by AM3 just to witness how awful Kang will be, and I want to see where GotG 3 leaves them all. But yeah, after DS & MK, it's waiting for the FF & X-Men. There's BP2 too, but She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel/Marvels and the such leave me cold.

Namor and 4 other muties got PHOENIX'D during AvX, Panther was Team Avengers, so Namor, on what was basically a Cosmic High, flooded Wakanda. Then a bit later Wakandan forces razed Atlantis. Namor got pissed and deliberately told Thanos, who was on yet another event quest, that what he was looking for was in Wakanda, so Thanos razed Wakanda again. They fought again, patched things up kinda in Hickman's Secret Wars, and that was it.

They'll fight because that's all normies know about Namor. That and the Sue thing, but I can't see any woman leaving the supergenius adventurer husband with the elastic dick, to go after a middle aged pudgy guy like the actor they cast, so they'll drop that plotline in the MCU. Which just leaves the flooding. Either way, we all know it'll be revealed that someone like Doom orchestrated the whole deal. There's no way they'll do Brown V. Black Ethnostates and have either coming out as the bad guy. But I don't mind, it fits; Doom is the type to do that. And he should, I don't want a watered down version. I want the glorious bastard he is to be brought forth.

I'm intrigued by AM3 just to witness how awful Kang will be, and I want to see where GotG 3 leaves them all. But yeah, after DS & MK, it's waiting for the FF & X-Men. There's BP2 too, but She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel/Marvels and the such leave me cold.
275111636_128340133088303_3098181368518904352_n.jpg

Cannot wait for this. I hope this delivers unlike all of the other D+ shows. This is my time now with NWH, The Batman, MK and DS2. I'll be checked out again similar to post-Endgame after DS2, just keeping touch with the state of MCU connective tissue. The only things that seem to make a difference right now to out of all the crap I've ignored is Kingpin is back and Kang perhaps about to start a new multiversal war.

Cannot wait for this. I hope this delivers unlike all of the other D+ shows. This is my time now with NWH, The Batman, MK and DS2. I'll be checked out again similar to post-Endgame after DS2, just keeping touch with the state of MCU connective tissue. The only things that seem to make a difference right now to out of all the crap I've ignored is Kingpin is back and Kang perhaps about to start a new multiversal war.
More like a multiversal circus...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to this too, jokes aside. I just hope they haven't shown all their Egypt/Adventuring scenes already, and we'll be stuck moping around NY alleyways after such a tease.

More like a multiversal circus...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to this too, jokes aside. I just hope they haven't shown all their Egypt/Adventuring scenes already, and we'll be stuck moping around NY alleyways after such a tease.
Ant-Man 3 is the problem though. After horrifically experiencing the Ant-Man 2 movie, this doesn't bode well for Kang who will probably be called Wang by Lang. Hey, that rhymes!

Back