Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh F4. Yeah, that one is going to hurt. Hope they nail the suits the first time around. I don't care to wait for the next iterations. I hope to have something close to the white and blue. I like it better than the blue and black. Add Doom to that list for an easy 5. I do like the Future Foundation white too. Very clean and techy. I just prefer the classic.

fantasticfour_sharable3a.png
For me it's less about the colour scheme and more about the design. I don't want them to like like jumpsuits from the 50s. I want a more techy, futuristic design. For my money, the current looks are perfect for the big screen:
Fantastic-Four-by-Dan-Slott-vol-01-HC.jpg

And I like the recent Alex Ross redesigns too:

c7b56a2db8d2f20a-600x338.jpg

I've already said that I find the Ultimate suits great as well:

ultimatefantasticfour.jpg

Really, there's lots of good options. I just don't want the to look like janitors, you know? If they get to the Future Foundation, I'm buying those for sure. They've had white F4 uniforms as well, but I want the specific FF designs. It was peak FF and the book's not reached those heights since.

35517015411_5bd0fc6a50_o.png

I wasn't ready for Thor Ragnarok. Some very impressive visuals, but the goofball stuff was too much. When I seen Love and Thunder with Thor Jane, I knew I wanted nothing to do with it. Now if Kang looks awesome with a blue shield visor, I might be interested. If he acts like a clown show again, I might pass even if it looks cool. We'll see.
I was never much into Thor in general, so I was never tempted. I want a Loki, but that's it. I could go for an Angela, a Herc and an Ares down the line, but we're far away from these. Kang I love as a character, but I hate the MCU version. I've said it before, but I consider his ethnicity an important part of him. There are characters where you can swap them and nothing changes. Duncan as Kingpin for example worked, same for BD Wong as Hugo Strange. You can have a Korean Iceman and an Indian Wizard, but you need a Jewish girl for Kitty Pryde and a Japanese man for Sunfire. It depends on the character.

Me, I'd have cast a South European, Mediterranean, MENA, or British actor. That's the way I see him. He needs to embody the Alexander-esque image. So right out of the gate I'm disappointed. I'd have been fine if they went Asian and had him as a Ghenkis Khan type. Hell, he'd have grown on me if they'd gotten someone like Elba, Lance Reddick or Christpher Judge. Basically tall, well-built, hard-spoken guys with good features. Regardless of the raceswap, I'd have gotten past it. But they literally got a goofy looking dude who played the role of the wise Immortus as a clown. I look at him and I think Tariq Nasheed is going to start talking about bucks and bussies. I'm a swallow guy, but I want handsome, or at least "unique" people in my capes. I'm not dropping all that cash for the mug of some uggo or random nobody. I'll get the figure regardless, and if the mask is good, I'll keep it. If not, I'll swap with a Bale head.

You have a wider taste than I do. Even with that, I have 31 figures now. TNG Trek I might or might not get. 5 TNG Riker, Worf, Picard, Data and Geordi. I could be interested in a First Contact Space suit, as Nanji teased. Will see what he has for the Trek con in April.
Oh, I'm all over the place, that's a fact. I try to keep myself in line, but it's hard. Trek I'm not an uberfan of, and I've never ventured past TOS. I mostly want a Kirk & Spock for my mum, as she watched it when she was a kid. I like Kirk & Spock too, it's not like I'm indiffernet to them. It's just that I never really managed to get into the other shows, so I have a limited relationship with it. I like the idea of space exploration and the core concept of a space crew, but I don't care for its "message". I have a soft spot for the JJ flicks too, I guess because they're action flicks going with the space exploration theme and leaving behind the "point". And it's also because '09 Trek & Tron Legacy were basically the last big Sci-Fi IPs. After that CBMs completely took over. So I've got some nostalgia for them and I'd want that reflected on a shelf. Me, I break things down in sections, so all of them would go into a big Sci-Fi display cut down into "corners". Theoretically I should make room for my Mass Effect faves too, but I doubt we'll ever see figures, so... My BCS Doctors (Who) would go there too. I'm still hoping for a great 1/6th Samus, but I'm starting to ramble about my lists again.

For Midnight Sons, totally getting a Blade and Morbius. Not sure what will happen after that. BK will have to look cool and not sure who else will be added to the squad. Guess my DS1 Strange is part of them so that works. Definitely no Werewolf. None of the other characters were too appealing.
I never got a DS1 Strange because I was expecting for a comic accurate look. This new one is close enough. My idea was to pose one with my Sorcerers, and then have another with the Illuminati. But with all the Variants, I might end up with an extra to pose with my MS. From them, the only ones I'm in for sure are GR & MK. Everything else is in flux and depends. We're entering a new phase, with trilogies that will span around a decade. So it's not like I'll jump on the first Cyclops, when there'll be like 5 more. The important part is picking and choosing when to get one over the other, waiting for the perfect costume, and so on.

My problem with all of these things is that I'm a comic guy first, so I pick and choose what's closer to these. So for my MS, I would theoretically like Daimon and Satana too. I'd like to structure it around the idea of an RPG party. Assassin, Hunter, Berserker, Wizard, Cleric, etc. Whatever teams I want to build, I always go for 5, 7 or 9 members. In 1/6th it's hard dropping all that cash, so I try to keep them to that 5-7 area. So it comes down to choosing. I may drop a Punisher there too, as I need him. We'll see, it's too early. But something like this would be kick-ass:

midnight-sons-greg-smallwood-1070163.jpeg

I think I'm out on SW. Got my 2 Luke's on PO and I don't see anything incoming. They might as well have Kang in it cause of how clown the universe is. I'm passing on Cad. Inquisitors could look cool with their red sabers and black armor, but too much damage is done to the heart.
When I first started, I said I'd stick to the Sith, but then expanded it to the Jedi too. Good thing is, there's a finite ammount of them across all eras. I'll not get any Inquisitors, apart from maybe the Grand Inquisitor as a one-off. I would like to do small Republic (Chancellor Palpatine, Generals Skywalker & Kenobi, Padme, Rex)/Empire (Thrawn, Emperor, Tarkin, etc) displays too, but that's secondary. I'll never buy a Han or Chewie is my point, I'm more likely to get a Kit Fisto or a Quinlan Vos to fill out my ranks. Han I wouldn't even have where to put him, as my displays are structured around the Sith/Jedi. I might end up with a small "random" display if I get a Mando or something, but that's ways off yet. I'm more concerned with getting Obi, Anakin, Mace, Palpatine and so on. I'd not say no to a grown up Ezra or Cal. I just like lightsabers and the concept of Wizard Knights...

Outside of the U.S., it seems like preordering is more of a problem. You can wait months for most figures after they are available at Sideshow. Some of those Euro custom practices are communist.
Customs depend on the country. Here the official rate is about 24%, but I end up paying ~35%. That's why now I order from only one place that's got a base in my area. Taxes and shipping are included in the price of the figure, so I know exactly what I'm paying. That plus the Payment Plan helps me keep it all neat and tidy.

Last edited:
For me it's less about the colour scheme and more about the design. I don't want them to like like jumpsuits from the 50s. I want a more techy, futuristic design. For my money, the current looks are perfect for the big screen:
Fantastic-Four-by-Dan-Slott-vol-01-HC.jpg

And I like the recent Alex Ross redesigns too:

c7b56a2db8d2f20a-600x338.jpg

I've already said that I find the Ultimate suits great as well:

ultimatefantasticfour.jpg

Really, there's lots of good options. I just don't want the to look like janitors, you know? If they get to the Future Foundation, I'm buying those for sure. They've had white F4 uniforms as well, but I want the specific FF designs. It was peak FF and the book's not reached those heights since.

35517015411_5bd0fc6a50_o.png

I was never much into Thor in general, so I was never tempted. I want a Loki, but that's it. I could go for an Angela, a Herc and an Ares down the line, but we're far away from these. Kang I love as a character, but I hate the MCU version. I've said it before, but I consider his ethnicity an important part of him. There are characters where you can swap them and nothing changes. Duncan as Kingpin for example worked, same for BD Wong as Hugo Strange. You can have a Korean Iceman and an Indian Wizard, but you need a Jewish girl for Kitty Pryde and a Japanese man for Sunfire. It depends on the character.

Me, I'd have cast a South European, Mediterranean, MENA, or British actor. That's the way I see him. He needs to embody the Alexander-esque image. So right out of the gate I'm disappointed. I'd have been fine if they went Asian and had him as a Ghenkis Khan type. Hell, he'd have grown on me if they'd gotten someone like Elba, Lance Reddick or Christpher Judge. Basically tall, well-built, hard-spoken guys with good features. Regardless of the raceswap, I'd have gotten past it. But they literally got a goofy looking dude who played the role of the wise Immortus as a clown. I look at him and I think Tariq Nasheed is going to start talking about bucks and bussies. I'm a swallow guy, but I want handsome, or at least "unique" people in my capes. I'm not dropping all that cash for the mug of some uggo or random nobody. I'll get the figure regardless, and if the mask is good, I'll keep it. If not, I'll swap with a Bale head.

Oh, I'm all over the place, that's a fact. I try to keep myself in line, but it's hard. Trek I'm not an uberfan of, and I've never ventured past TOS. I mostly want a Kirk & Spock for my mum, as she watched it when she was a kid. I like Kirk & Spock too, it's not like I'm indiffernet to them. It's just that I never really managed to get into the other shows, so I have a limited relationship with it. I like the idea of space exploration and the core concept of a space crew, but I don't care for its "message". I have a soft spot for the JJ flicks too, I guess because they're action flicks going with the space exploration theme and leaving behind the "point". And it's also because '09 Trek & Tron Legacy were basically the last big Sci-Fi IPs. After that CBMs completely took over. So I've got some nostalgia for them and I'd want that reflected on a shelf. Me, I break things down in sections, so all of them would go into a big Sci-Fi display cut down into "corners". Theoretically I should make room for my Mass Effect faves too, but I doubt we'll ever see figures, so... My BCS Doctors (Who) would go there too. I'm still hoping for a great 1/6th Samus, but I'm starting to ramble about my lists again.

I never got a DS1 Strange because I was expecting for a comic accurate look. This new one is close enough. My idea was to pose one with my Sorcerers, and then have another with the Illuminati. But with all the Variants, I might end up with an extra to pose with my MS. From them, the only ones I'm in for sure are GR & MK. Everything else is in flux and depends. We're entering a new phase, with trilogies that will span around a decade. So it's not like I'll jump on the first Cyclops, when there'll be like 5 more. The important part is picking and choosing when to get one over the other, waiting for the perfect costume, and so on.

My problem with all of these things is that I'm a comic guy first, so I pick and choose what's closer to these. So for my MS, I would theoretically like Daimon and Satana too. I'd like to structure it around the idea of an RPG party. Assassin, Hunter, Berserker, Wizard, Cleric, etc. Whatever teams I want to build, I always go for 5, 7 or 9 members. In 1/6th it's hard dropping all that cash, so I try to keep them to that 5-7 area. So it comes down to choosing. I may drop a Punisher there too, as I need him. We'll see, it's too early. But something like this would be kick-ass:

midnight-sons-greg-smallwood-1070163.jpeg
The team in my head would be Strange, Moon Knight, Morbius, Ghost Rider and Blade. I am cool with a Black Knight, so the MCU version could make him more appealing to me. I have a Punisher, but he doesn't scream elemental demon slayer to me.
When I first started, I said I'd stick to the Sith, but then expanded it to the Jedi too. Good thing is, there's a finite ammount of them across all eras. I'll not get any Inquisitors, apart from maybe the Grand Inquisitor as a one-off. I would like to do small Republic (Chancellor Palpatine, Generals Skywalker & Kenobi, Padme, Rex)/Empire (Thrawn, Emperor, Tarkin, etc) displays too, but that's secondary. I'll never buy a Han or Chewie is my point, I'm more likely to get a Kit Fisto or a Quinlan Vos to fill out my ranks. Han I wouldn't even have where to put him, as my displays are structured around the Sith/Jedi. I might end up with a small "random" display if I get a Mando or something, but that's ways off yet. I'm more concerned with getting Obi, Anakin, Mace, Palpatine and so on. I'd not say no to a grown up Ezra or Cal. I just like lightsabers and the concept of Wizard Knights...
Blast! I forgot about Thrawn in Ahsoka. Yeah, I'll be in for that one at this point.

Past this year what characters am I looking at?
-Blade
-F4
-Alot of X-Men - would be some combo of Cyclops, Prof X, Beast, Rogue, Gambit (already have SST one), Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Iceman. Finally might get a Colossus from Deadpool 3. Never been much of a fan of Psylocke, Jean Grey, Jubilee. Archangel, Mr. Sinister, Magneto, Archangel all would be tempting. On the fence with Bishop.
-Kraven is an interesting possibility for another Spidey villain
-Don't forget we are getting a Playstation Spider-Man 2 AND a Wolverine game. Possibly a Venom/Black SM for me. Wolverine yellow/blue and a brown/yellow would be up my alley. Doubtful we get anything for the Midnight Suns game, but HT likes their Iron Man variations.
-Thrawn from Ahsoka
-Battinson I'm sure will be there

The team in my head would be Strange, Moon Knight, Morbius, Ghost Rider and Blade. I am cool with a Black Knight, so the MCU version could make him more appealing to me. I have a Punisher, but he doesn't scream elemental demon slayer to me.
If I go by my RPG Party rules, and my 5-7 limitation, it'd be:

Assassin/Ninja: Blade
Mage/Wizard: Strange
Archer/Hunter/Ranger: Elsa Bloodstone
Berserker: Morbius
Cleric/Priest/Enchanter: Satana
Necromancer: Daimon
Summoner: Ghost Rider, I guess?
Bard: Moon... Knight ?

Yeah, okay, that doesn't work. For my money, Black Knight doesn't really fit if he's decked out in proper Medieval Knight gear. The problem is, I find him really cool, so I'd like to get him. But where else could I put him? Beyond a Brian Braddock I'd get and add to my Illuminati, I'm not interested in any other UK/MI13 characters. So by necessity he'd grab a spot there. You need a Wizard and I'll probably end up with an extra Strange or two, so bam. Ghost Rider's a lock, and so is Moon Knight. Then it depends on whether Elsa and Satana are hot redheads or not. Blade V Morbius will be the tricky part. As for the Punisher, I just can't think where else to put him as I'm not interested in any of the street stuff. If I end up with two MKs (Mummy & Suit) I could put Punisher & Suit Moon in my Movie/TV shelf, next to Tommy Shelby, the Godfather and the such. Bit of a "crime drama" set up. But it'd feel weird having Punisher be the lone comic book character not in the Marvel shelf. Then again, I doubt they'll ever tackle Rambo Punisher, so it'll just be a guy in a black trenchcoat, possibly without the skull too as they're erasing it, so it wouldn't break the immersion too much.

Blast! I forgot about Thrawn in Ahsoka. Yeah, I'll be in for that one at this point.
With SW, I'm not even trying to map it out as they're still actively making new preoducts and erasing/reworking EU plotpoints. If it's related to the Jedi/Sith, I'm more or less in. There's some classic favourites too, but I'm never buying a Cassian Andor or whatever. Even a Boba Fett has been crossed over my list. I'm not enough of a fan to ever get Hondo is what I'm saying. For me, SW is about the Force and the Empire/PT Republic. I need the aesthetics. Han, Chewie, all the background extras; I don't care enough.

Past this year what characters am I looking at?
-Blade
-F4
F4/Cosmic's going to be tough for me. Annihilus, the Heralds, who knows what else?

-Alot of X-Men - would be some combo of Cyclops, Prof X, Beast, Rogue, Gambit (already have SST one), Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Iceman. Finally might get a Colossus from Deadpool 3. Never been much of a fan of Psylocke, Jean Grey, Jubilee. Archangel, Mr. Sinister, Magneto, Archangel all would be tempting. On the fence with Bishop.
X-Men's tough for me too. I think of it as one big display broken in sections. One part would be the Summers/Grey Family Tree (Scott, Jean, Nathan, Rachel, Hope; maybe Alex but **** Nate, he can go die in a ditch), my dream team Extinction Level X-Men, around 5-9 people (Gillen had it 9, but I can't decide beyond Cyclops & Jean), the Xavier/Magneto/Frost Trio (Headmasters I'd call it), some X-Villains (Apocalypse, Sinister, Stryfe; more would be overkill) and some randoms like Fantomex. I'm stuck in the 90s-00s with some bit of the early 10s/Utopia Era, so that's what I'd want my display to reflect. It all depends. I could go for more or less if there's less or more to interest me. Right now the X-Titles are the only comics I read every week, so I'm high on them a bit. By the time they hit, who knows? We're talking about a decade here. I can wait for the perfect costumes, maybe grab an extra fig or two in the meantime.

-Kraven is an interesting possibility for another Spidey villain
-Don't forget we are getting a Playstation Spider-Man 2 AND a Wolverine game. Possibly a Venom/Black SM for me. Wolverine yellow/blue and a brown/yellow would be up my alley. Doubtful we get anything for the Midnight Suns game, but HT likes their Iron Man variations.
I'll stick to just a Tobey-Man for nostalgia's sake Spider-Wise. Maybe a 2099 too if they ever make a proepr Terry Batman figure, so that I can pair them together. Wolverine's a character that's been increasingly annoying me over the last decade, so at this point I have no plans to ever get him. I doubt they'll make figures of whoever else appears, and I haven't bought a console since the PS3, so I'll wait until they make XM Legends 3 or something.

-Thrawn from Ahsoka
-Battinson I'm sure will be there
I'll get a Battinson at some point, but I'm fine with waiting. I have a shortlist of a few Bat-Villains, but it'll depend on which ones Reeves tackles, how well they're pulled off, and how deep the MCU goes into my wants.

If I go by my RPG Party rules, and my 5-7 limitation, it'd be:

Assassin/Ninja: Blade
Mage/Wizard: Strange
Archer/Hunter/Ranger: Elsa Bloodstone
Berserker: Morbius
Cleric/Priest/Enchanter: Satana
Necromancer: Daimon
Summoner: Ghost Rider, I guess?
Bard: Moon... Knight ?
Oh this sounds fun

Blade - Fighter
Black Knight - Paladin
Strange - Wizard
Ghost Rider - Cleric
Morbius, Hannibal King - Rogue
Werewolf - Barbarian
Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Johnny Blaze, Frank Drake - Ranger
Man-Thing - Druid
Hellstrom - Sorceror
Satana - Warlock

Oh this sounds fun

Blade - Fighter
Black Knight - Paladin
Strange - Wizard
Ghost Rider - Cleric
Morbius, Hannibal King - Rogue
Werewolf - Barbarian
Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Johnny Blaze, Frank Drake - Ranger
Man-Thing - Druid
Hellstrom - Sorceror
Satana - Warlock
Much better breakdown than my attempt. I'll be honest, I never really played such games. Fantasy was never my jam. I was more into Sci-Fi/Space Fantasy. Regular, "base" Fantasy is very Tolkien-inspired, and so I always found it kind of... unimaginative, in a way. I still haven't read LotR, even though I do want to; I have the books on my shelf, and they're always in my backlog. One day... That said, what'd be your team in 1/6th, assuming we got all of those in figure form?

Beyond Strange, MK & GR I'm undecided myself. I'd definitely not get a Man-Thing (I'd buy a Swamp-Thing and a JonCon for my DC display though) or a Werewolf. Hannibal King and Frank Drake are just "there". Elsa & Satana depend on if they're cast as hot redheads. Druid was only interesting to me when Ellis wrote him for 4 issues then offed him. Back Knight will look cool, but I don't know if he'd fit the vibe. The rest, it depends. Which really ultimately leaves just Blade, Morbius and Daimon. I like Mahersala Ali as an actor a lot, but I'm still waiting to see how the movie and costume turn out.

Oh well, it's too early to speculate like that. Prices are rising so much with recent happenings, that I might end up getting just 1/3rd of my list. The FF & Doom come before the Hellstorms and the such, you know? One thing's for sure though, I hope they do make a Dracula. I'm one of the few who likes the Kain/Coppola version and would love to display him with my Midnight Sons as their arch-nemesis.

tumblr_inline_pjbviwaowq1qbv7u8_1280.jpg

Much better breakdown than my attempt. I'll be honest, I never really played such games. Fantasy was never my jam. I was more into Sci-Fi/Space Fantasy. Regular, "base" Fantasy is very Tolkien-inspired, and so I always found it kind of... unimaginative, in a way. I still haven't read LotR, even though I do want to; I have the books on my shelf, and they're always in my backlog. One day... That said, what'd be your team in 1/6th, assuming we got all of those in figure form?

Beyond Strange, MK & GR I'm undecided myself. I'd definitely not get a Man-Thing (I'd buy a Swamp-Thing and a JonCon for my DC display though) or a Werewolf. Hannibal King and Frank Drake are just "there". Elsa & Satana depend on if they're cast as hot redheads. Druid was only interesting to me when Ellis wrote him for 4 issues then offed him. Back Knight will look cool, but I don't know if he'd fit the vibe. The rest, it depends. Which really ultimately leaves just Blade, Morbius and Daimon. I like Mahersala Ali as an actor a lot, but I'm still waiting to see how the movie and costume turn out.

Oh well, it's too early to speculate like that. Prices are rising so much with recent happenings, that I might end up getting just 1/3rd of my list. The FF & Doom come before the Hellstorms and the such, you know? One thing's for sure though, I hope they do make a Dracula. I'm one of the few who likes the Kain/Coppola version and would love to display him with my Midnight Sons as their arch-nemesis.

tumblr_inline_pjbviwaowq1qbv7u8_1280.jpg
I like fantasy and sci-fi. Both have their niche escapism. Sure, there is more tech and possibilities in sci fi, but fantasy is more personal, more heroic in achievement. In sci fi, you can press a button and destroy a planet. In fantasy, you have to be in eye sight to kill. D&D roleplaying ive never done and is boring as hell. I'll play fantasy rpg D&D video games anytime, like the incoming Baldurs Gate 3.

Midnight Sons roster had a lot of uninteresting regular looking Joes. Then they gave some a sci fi gun, which is rather lazy writing. Essentially this is the Justice League Dark. They both have that demon/beast/man hybrid, investigator. I don't mind the idea of Drake/King but are bland w a brown trenchcoat.

My roster for figures is:
Blade
Moon Knight
Morbius
Ghost Rider
Strange
Maybe Black Knight

Roster for a story?
Blade
Ghost Rider
Elsa
Hannibal King
Strange
Morbius
Meet along the way for individual stories? MK, BK, Drake, Hellstrom, etc.

I like fantasy and sci-fi. Both have their niche escapism. Sure, there is more tech and possibilities in sci fi, but fantasy is more personal, more heroic in achievement. In sci fi, you can press a button and destroy a planet. In fantasy, you have to be in eye sight to kill. D&D roleplaying ive never done and is boring as hell. I'll play fantasy rpg D&D video games anytime, like the incoming Baldurs Gate 3.
I don't have a problem with Fantasy as a genre. Just the predominant Tolkie-Inspired Fantasy I find aesthetically uninspired. Tolkien put a lot of work into his lore, the rest, from Warcraft to, dunno, Dragon Age, it's just watered down Tolkien. From established genres I like Dark Fantasy. Elric, Berserk and the such. But I prefer the actual Myths from all over to get the same "fix". It's why I like Wars & 40K; they mix the heroic/mythic aspect of Fantasy with the limitless possibilities of Sci-Fi. Dune too, obviously. And it's ultimately why I even prefer something like Mass Effect and even BSG, that I recently started, to Trek; the latter's too sterile. I need my pomp and grandiosity. Hornblower in Space sounds great, but it's missing that pizzaz. I still like Kirk & Spock though.

Midnight Sons roster had a lot of uninteresting regular looking Joes. Then they gave some a sci fi gun, which is rather lazy writing. Essentially this is the Justice League Dark. They both have that demon/beast/man hybrid, investigator. I don't mind the idea of Drake/King but are bland w a brown trenchcoat.

My roster for figures is:
Blade
Moon Knight
Morbius
Ghost Rider
Strange
Maybe Black Knight

Roster for a story?
Blade
Ghost Rider
Elsa
Hannibal King
Strange
Morbius
Meet along the way for individual stories? MK, BK, Drake, Hellstrom, etc.
Put on a spot, figure wise I'd go with:
  • Doctor Strange
  • Ghost Rider
  • Moon Knight
  • Elsa Bloodstone
  • Morbius
  • Black Knight
You've got the Wizard, the Hunter, the Priest, the Knight, the Vampire and the Demon. Blade could go either in Elsa's or Morbius' place; it depends on the Elsa casting, the Blade movie, and if Morbius gets a proper costume. I can also cheat a bit and if I have the money to get them, the Hellstroms could easily be added to my Magicians with Wanda and Loki, so I can technically "disqualify" them from the MS planning. It'd be pretty funny to have a biker clad in black leather next to this guy though:

clean.jpg

Black Knight really breaks the Urban Grim Fantasy look. You've got guys in black leather, trenchcoats, some flashy capes in MK & Strange, and then there's a guy in full-on colourful armour complete with a furred cloak. I guess if they do make a Dracula and I stick him in there, he'd fit with Amoured KainDrac.

I don't have a problem with Fantasy as a genre. Just the predominant Tolkie-Inspired Fantasy I find aesthetically uninspired. Tolkien put a lot of work into his lore, the rest, from Warcraft to, dunno, Dragon Age, it's just watered down Tolkien. From established genres I like Dark Fantasy. Elric, Berserk and the such. But I prefer the actual Myths from all over to get the same "fix". It's why I like Wars & 40K; they mix the heroic/mythic aspect of Fantasy with the limitless possibilities of Sci-Fi. Dune too, obviously. And it's ultimately why I even prefer something like Mass Effect and even BSG, that I recently started, to Trek; the latter's too sterile. I need my pomp and grandiosity. Hornblower in Space sounds great, but it's missing that pizzaz. I still like Kirk & Spock though.

Put on a spot, figure wise I'd go with:
  • Doctor Strange
  • Ghost Rider
  • Moon Knight
  • Elsa Bloodstone
  • Morbius
  • Black Knight
You've got the Wizard, the Hunter, the Priest, the Knight, the Vampire and the Demon. Blade could go either in Elsa's or Morbius' place; it depends on the Elsa casting, the Blade movie, and if Morbius gets a proper costume. I can also cheat a bit and if I have the money to get them, the Hellstroms could easily be added to my Magicians with Wanda and Loki, so I can technically "disqualify" them from the MS planning. It'd be pretty funny to have a biker clad in black leather next to this guy though:

clean.jpg

Black Knight really breaks the Urban Grim Fantasy look. You've got guys in black leather, trenchcoats, some flashy capes in MK & Strange, and then there's a guy in full-on colourful armour complete with a furred cloak. I guess if they do make a Dracula and I stick him in there, he'd fit with Amoured KainDrac.
I welcome a Black Knight to the squad. I'm sure there is some proper armor that would be more appealing to me than what I've seen in the comics.

Yeah problem with modern fantasy is either too much magic use or not enough. In my mind's eye there is a cool concept of using potions and spells in a dynamic way, yet using it consumes your endurance. Peter Jackson mentioned that in regards to Gandalf. I felt like there was more to be had though.

Reminds me of SW. Luke can do a huge, fast leap, then crickets. Obi and Qui can use super speed, then nothing. Dooku and Sidious actually did some major damage.

I won't watch Harry Twotter, but Strange and Wanda seem to be the only ones bringing magic to the forefront.

I'd like to see a movie with some real bite in the magical spells. Strange has been the only one to really feature a wealth of spells that are fun and creative.

I welcome a Black Knight to the squad. I'm sure there is some proper armor that would be more appealing to me than what I've seen in the comics.

Yeah problem with modern fantasy is either too much magic use or not enough. In my mind's eye there is a cool concept of using potions and spells in a dynamic way, yet using it consumes your endurance. Peter Jackson mentioned that in regards to Gandalf. I felt like there was more to be had though.

Reminds me of SW. Luke can do a huge, fast leap, then crickets. Obi and Qui can use super speed, then nothing. Dooku and Sidious actually did some major damage.

I won't watch Harry Twotter, but Strange and Wanda seem to be the only ones bringing magic to the forefront.

I'd like to see a movie with some real bite in the magical spells. Strange has been the only one to really feature a wealth of spells that are fun and creative.
For me it all begins with the aesthetics, and if my attention isn't grabbed by them, I'm not likely to come around to it. Beyond that though, I do think they should have a good "Magic System" and not just do whatever they want. Everything needs some sort of logic, even magic. I liked the early Strange approach to it with all the trippy, Non-Euclidean dimensions and the such. They were metaphysical concepts, but had some basis in "reality" and weren't out of a kids' book and had an approach of "lmao, it's magic I ain't got to explain jack".

But yeah, like I said, for me it comes down to aesthetics. I just can't get into the popular fantasy genres. It all comes off as too hokey to me. It's not even that I'm 100% into the Grimdark aspect, but I find Dark Fantasy more appealing. At least from what I've seen. Must be the clothes and architecture. Dunno, like I said; aesthetics.

tumblr_o06ujtQmft1tchu54o3_540.gif

For me it all begins with the aesthetics, and if my attention isn't grabbed by them, I'm not likely to come around to it. Beyond that though, I do think they should have a good "Magic System" and not just do whatever they want. Everything needs some sort of logic, even magic. I liked the early Strange approach to it with all the trippy, Non-Euclidean dimensions and the such. They were metaphysical concepts, but had some basis in "reality" and weren't out of a kids' book and had an approach of "lmao, it's magic I ain't got to explain jack".

But yeah, like I said, for me it comes down to aesthetics. I just can't get into the popular fantasy genres. It all comes off as too hokey to me. It's not even that I'm 100% into the Grimdark aspect, but I find Dark Fantasy more appealing. At least from what I've seen. Must be the clothes and architecture. Dunno, like I said; aesthetics.

tumblr_o06ujtQmft1tchu54o3_540.gif
This is my list so far:

Classic Spider-Man?
Snowspeeder Luke
Batman XE - PO'd
Mando Luke - PO'd
Green Goblin or Hoody Goblin
Doc Ock
The Batman

Rest of 2022
Morbius
Moon Knight
DS2?
NWH Spider-Man Shiny?

Blade
Black Knight? (In Blade?)
Thrawn (In Ahsoka?)
Kraven?

Long term, Not Announced
Spider-Man 2 (Symbiote suit, Venom)
Ghost Rider
X-Men
Colossus - DP3?
Cyclops
Wolverine (Play station VG?)
Storm
Rogue
Beast
Magneto

Man, this show is looking really great. Love the design, hopefully it lives up to its name. If I really like it, I may have a MK on my shelf. Loving his design(s).

This is my list so far:

Classic Spider-Man?
Snowspeeder Luke
Batman XE - PO'd
Mando Luke - PO'd
Green Goblin or Hoody Goblin
Doc Ock
The Batman
My standing POs are:
  • Dam's Vito (1 installment left)
  • BCS 12th Doctor (2 installments left, but that'll ship in 2024...)
  • BCS Tommy Shelby (apparently shipping by the end of the year, but I'm expecting Q1 2023)
  • Iconiq Patrick Bateman
  • AUG Paul Atreides
  • HT Mando Luke
  • HT TDKR Batman
What makes me pause is the Batman. With the recent QS announcement and their Joker tease, I don't know what to do. The biggest reason why I even POed a Baleman was to have him alongside a Ledger Joker. I'm not intending to buy more from the Nolan Trilogy, so I'll probably style my Batshelf around Battinson's versions. So I wonder if it'd be wiser to cancel this one, and wait for QS to do one two so that I can pair him with their Joker. I was banking on HT releasing a 3.0 Joker, but they've been radio silent for about a year now on that front, and these news is adding fuel to the fire.

Rest of 2022
Morbius
Moon Knight
DS2?
NWH Spider-Man Shiny?
I'm in for most things from DS2, but I doubt they'll actually make all that we're dreaming of. Maybe a Professor X, but I can see them going back and doing a Reed, if he's in it, about 6 months later and only if the movie is a huge hit. Otherwise it'll mostly be Strange variants and a Wanda. I'm torn on Wanda too. If she appears again later down the line and isn't killed off, I could wait more for her as well, and see if she gets an even better look.

Then there's BP2, from which I need a Black Panther and a Namor. But it depends on the designs, as I've said. I'm warming up to the Namor guy, but they'll need a really good costume to make it work. MK goes without saying. And a Tobey-Man. I could go for a Doctor Fate, and put him with the Stranges until he's found a better place. I guess Doctor Strangefate is still canon...

From Kenobi, as I've said, I'm interested in whatever PT flashbacks and possible reissues happen. I'm unlikely to buy any Inquisitors or Desert Ben, but if they do a ROTS Anakin/Kenobi or whatever else, I'm in, even if I have to sacrifice something else. My SW is built around the Jedi & Sith, so I can't skip them, least of all the big names.

What complicates things is the possibillity of TOS Trek figures from Exo-6, as I need a Kirk & Spock. Problem is, those figures come out in 4-5 months, and I have to buy them from overseas and pay taxes and shipping. I can't put them on installments either. So I do kinda hope he delays them until next year, which is less packed.

Then there's random announcements, like the QS ones. I'm in for a Paul Atreides in his Stillsuit, certainly, but I wonder about their prices. Do I cancel the AUG one at that? Hell, maybe QS will do a Mads Grindelwald, and I'll buy him solely to pretend he's a Hannibal. Or "Human Dormammu". Or whatever, I'd be seriously tempted by a high-end Mads. Jude Law the same. It's the problem of trying to juggle too much.

Blade
Black Knight? (In Blade?)
Thrawn (In Ahsoka?)
Kraven?
From 2023, the only sure thing for me is a Kang. Even if I still don't like the guy, I can swap the heads. Oh, and Adam Warlock. Beyond that, maybe S2 of Loki will bring in a more classic looking Loki. Maybe MODOK will get a figure? The High Evolutionary? Timberlake Zeke Stane? Barbarian Gamora and Better-Costumed-Star-Lord? Dunno, I can't think of much. Thrawn is a sure one, maybe Grown-Up Ezra if he appears in Ahsoka (and an Ahsoka too, naturally). It's much less packed in theory for me, but it's still early.

Long term, Not Announced
Spider-Man 2 (Symbiote suit, Venom)
Ghost Rider
X-Men
Colossus - DP3?
Cyclops
Wolverine (Play station VG?)
Storm
Rogue
Beast
Magneto
I won't even try and make a list of these. Too many to count. Maybe QS will do a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo, which I'd certainly buy in an instant. Maybe someone will pick the Mass Effect license, or DC will move GL forward. It's too many "maybes". A Ghost Rider is a given, as is a Punisher when they get to him. I'll probably downsize my Midnight Sons to just GR, MK, Strange, Elsa (hangs on the casting) and Morbius (hangs on the costume).

X-Men wise, the selection is bigger, but I'm more rigid. I'll need Xavier, Magneto & Frost as the Headmasters. Apocalypse, Sinister and Stryfe as the Villains (maybe a Bastion too, but if I start going down that road then there's Shaw and Mystique and... you get the point). Scott, Jean, Nathan/Cable (**** Nate), Rachel, Hope, Maddie (Alex & Corsair are maybes) as the Summers/Greys/Skywalkers-Of-X as I call them. And then my go-to X-Tinction Level X-Team. In the comics it was a 9-Man team, but I think 7 would work best. I'm leaning towards
  1. Cyclops
  2. Phoenix
  3. Magneto
  4. Magik
  5. Storm
  6. Fantomex
  7. Sunfire
But it could change. Maybe I could go for 9 and add Rogue & Namor. And that's more or less where I'd leave it. X-Men is a literal black hole that could suck you in and never let you out, so you need to set some real boundaries before the armaggedon starts. I'll also be choosing specific costumes, so I'll technically be waiting a decade+ to round them all up. Still, it's not so bad, better to spread them out. For example, Cyclops I need his Utopia or NOW! costumes. Storm, I don't want a leotard. I want something with a crown and a more regal air. Stuff like that. I'm not looking for a uniformal look, it's different costumes for each mutant. A New X-Men/Morrison look could tempt me with nostalgia, but that'll never happen, so it's a moot point.

QS & JND getting into the game make all of this much more complicated too. Since yesterday and the likelihood of the QS costing more, plus the general rising costs due to everything that's going on in the world, I'm finding myself revising it all. Maybe I should go back to my model of "only the uber-favourites" with some exceptions for certain displays. But it's still too early.

Last edited:
My standing POs are:
  • Dam's Vito (1 installment left)
  • BCS 12th Doctor (2 installments left, but that'll ship in 2024...)
  • BCS Tommy Shelby (apparently shipping by the end of the year, but I'm expecting Q1 2023)
  • Iconiq Patrick Bateman
  • AUG Paul Atreides
  • HT Mando Luke
  • HT TDKR Batman
What makes me pause is the Batman. With the recent QS announcement and their Joker tease, I don't know what to do. The biggest reason why I even POed a Baleman was to have him alongside a Ledger Joker. I'm not intending to buy more from the Nolan Trilogy, so I'll probably style my Batshelf around Battinson's versions. So I wonder if it'd be wiser to cancel this one, and wait for QS to do one two so that I can pair him with their Joker. I was banking on HT releasing a 3.0 Joker, but they've been radio silent for about a year now on that front, and these news is adding fuel to the fire.

I'm in for most things from DS2, but I doubt they'll actually make all that we're dreaming of. Maybe a Professor X, but I can see them going back and doing a Reed, if he's in it, about 6 months later and only if the movie is a huge hit. Otherwise it'll mostly be Strange variants and a Wanda. I'm torn on Wanda too. If she appears again later down the line and isn't killed off, I could wait more for her as well, and see if she gets an even better look.

Then there's BP2, from which I need a Black Panther and a Namor. But it depends on the designs, as I've said. I'm warming up to the Namor guy, but they'll need a really good costume to make it work. MK goes without saying. And a Tobey-Man. I could go for a Doctor Fate, and put him with the Stranges until he's found a better place. I guess Doctor Strangefate is still canon...

From Kenobi, as I've said, I'm interested in whatever PT flashbacks and possible reissues happen. I'm unlikely to buy any Inquisitors or Desert Ben, but if they do a ROTS Anakin/Kenobi or whatever else, I'm in, even if I have to sacrifice something else. My SW is built around the Jedi & Sith, so I can't skip them, least of all the big names.

What complicates things is the possibillity of TOS Trek figures from Exo-6, as I need a Kirk & Spock. Problem is, those figures come out in 4-5 months, and I have to buy them from overseas and pay taxes and shipping. I can't put them on installments either. So I do kinda hope he delays them until next year, which is less packed.

Then there's random announcements, like the QS ones. I'm in for a Paul Atreides in his Stillsuit, certainly, but I wonder about their prices. Do I cancel the AUG one at that? Hell, maybe QS will do a Mads Grindelwald, and I'll buy him solely to pretend he's a Hannibal. Or "Human Dormammu". Or whatever, I'd be seriously tempted by a high-end Mads. Jude Law the same. It's the problem of trying to juggle too much.

From 2023, the only sure thing for me is a Kang. Even if I still don't like the guy, I can swap the heads. Oh, and Adam Warlock. Beyond that, maybe S2 of Loki will bring in a more classic looking Loki. Maybe MODOK will get a figure? The High Evolutionary? Timberlake Zeke Stane? Barbarian Gamora and Better-Costumed-Star-Lord? Dunno, I can't think of much. Thrawn is a sure one, maybe Grown-Up Ezra if he appears in Ahsoka (and an Ahsoka too, naturally). It's much less packed in theory for me, but it's still early.

I won't even try and make a list of these. Too many to count. Maybe QS will do a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo, which I'd certainly buy in an instant. Maybe someone will pick the Mass Effect license, or DC will move GL forward. It's too many "maybes". A Ghost Rider is a given, as is a Punisher when they get to him. I'll probably downsize my Midnight Sons to just GR, MK, Strange, Elsa (hangs on the casting) and Morbius (hangs on the costume).

X-Men wise, the selection is bigger, but I'm more rigid. I'll need Xavier, Magneto & Frost as the Headmasters. Apocalypse, Sinister and Stryfe as the Villains (maybe a Bastion too, but if I start going down that road then there's Shaw and Mystique and... you get the point). Scott, Jean, Nathan/Cable (**** Nate), Rachel, Hope, Maddie (Alex & Corsair are maybes) as the Summers/Greys/Skywalkers-Of-X as I call them. And then my go-to X-Tinction Level X-Team. In the comics it was a 9-Man team, but I think 7 would work best. I'm leaning towards
  1. Cyclops
  2. Phoenix
  3. Magneto
  4. Magik
  5. Storm
  6. Fantomex
  7. Sunfire
But it could change. Maybe I could go for 9 and add Rogue & Namor. And that's more or less where I'd leave it. X-Men is a literal black hole that could suck you in and never let you out, so you need to set some real boundaries before the armaggedon starts. I'll also be choosing specific costumes, so I'll technically be waiting a decade+ to round them all up. Still, it's not so bad, better to spread them out. For example, Cyclops I need his Utopia or NOW! costumes. Storm, I don't want a leotard. I want something with a crown and a more regal air. Stuff like that. I'm not looking for a uniformal look, it's different costumes for each mutant. A New X-Men/Morrison look could tempt me with nostalgia, but that'll never happen, so it's a moot point.

QS & JND getting into the game make all of this much more complicated too. Since yesterday and the likelihood of the QS costing more, plus the general rising costs due to everything that's going on in the world, I'm finding myself revising it all. Maybe I should go back to my model of "only the uber-favourites" with some exceptions for certain displays. But it's still too early.
You must have quite the collection! Really glad I purged mine to where it is now. More specific, more enjoyable. Ethics becomes aesthetics one would say.

I'll have to see Namor in the BP2 trailer to see if I like him. Pass on seeing the movie anyway. Who knows if I'd even get Kang w the blue face shield. Can't believe he is in an Ant-Man movie, which might say something in and of itself.

DS2 multiverse and Midnight Sons building is what I am interested in with Marvel. Then more Battinson. Best to enjoy now w Battinson then MK and DS2 incoming. 15-20 yrs ago, no one would imagine what we are getting today.

You must have quite the collection!
Nah, it's in the 10s still. I only got back in seriously the last year and some change. After 2015 I dropped it all, and apart from the SW releases, nothing really got to me. X-Men & FF weren't in the MCU so figures weren't guaranteed. I was never a massive Nolan fan, so I only wanted a Batman and a Joker. I was still waiting for that perfect Iron Man. So it was easy to stay away. I grabbed the Doctors (Who) and that was it. I started playing catchup and putting in some POs around 2021.

It's really why I'm trying so hard to have a detailed plan, because I know my nature is one of completionism. My problem is that I have a lot of theoretical wants that'll never happen, alongside concrete ones that will become a reality within the decade, so it's kind of tough to know where to allot my available spots. When the time comes, I doubt I'll build every display I'm daydreaming about, if only because nothing will stand out then. But it helps to have a general dea, even if it's overblown.

Really glad I purged mine to where it is now. More specific, more enjoyable. Ethics becomes aesthetics one would say.
That's how I started. If QS & JND, plus the rising prices everywhere, change the game so much, I could possibly go back to it. There are figures I want just on their own, and others because of the theme, the display they'll make. We'll see, those things are in flux. As soon as they start cluttering together I'm sure I'll turn it down a notch. I already crossed off the T-Bolts a while back, I could do the same to others. And those were part of my early wants, so it's not like I'm not letting go of things as I go along. You just have to wait and see what truly sticks.

I'll have to see Namor in the BP2 trailer to see if I like him. Pass on seeing the movie anyway. Who knows if I'd even get Kang w the blue face shield. Can't believe he is in an Ant-Man movie, which might say something in and of itself.
I've had these characters in my list since forever, so it'll be hard to pass on them. Kang at least is a simple fix, just a HS swap. I'm not expecting much either tbqh, he's going to be a wasted jokey character played by an ill-fitting guy. Namor I have more hopes for. Black Panther's basically done.

DS2 multiverse and Midnight Sons building is what I am interested in with Marvel. Then more Battinson. Best to enjoy now w Battinson then MK and DS2 incoming. 15-20 yrs ago, no one would imagine what we are getting today.
With Marvel I'm just starting. X-Men & FF are my mains, so others may take a bit of a hit, but we'll see. With DC, it's just Batman, Green Lantern and some Vertigo stuff for me, so I'm much more restrained there. From SW I more or less know what to expect. It's the random one-offs that take me by surprise and complicate things.

Nah, it's in the 10s still. I only got back in seriously the last year and some change. After 2015 I dropped it all, and apart from the SW releases, nothing really got to me. X-Men & FF weren't in the MCU so figures weren't guaranteed. I was never a massive Nolan fan, so I only wanted a Batman and a Joker. I was still waiting for that perfect Iron Man. So it was easy to stay away. I grabbed the Doctors (Who) and that was it. I started playing catchup and putting in some POs around 2021.

It's really why I'm trying so hard to have a detailed plan, because I know my nature is one of completionism. My problem is that I have a lot of theoretical wants that'll never happen, alongside concrete ones that will become a reality within the decade, so it's kind of tough to know where to allot my available spots. When the time comes, I doubt I'll build every display I'm daydreaming about, if only because nothing will stand out then. But it helps to have a general dea, even if it's overblown.

That's how I started. If QS & JND, plus the rising prices everywhere, change the game so much, I could possibly go back to it. There are figures I want just on their own, and others because of the theme, the display they'll make. We'll see, those things are in flux. As soon as they start cluttering together I'm sure I'll turn it down a notch. I already crossed off the T-Bolts a while back, I could do the same to others. And those were part of my early wants, so it's not like I'm not letting go of things as I go along. You just have to wait and see what truly sticks.

I've had these characters in my list since forever, so it'll be hard to pass on them. Kang at least is a simple fix, just a HS swap. I'm not expecting much either tbqh, he's going to be a wasted jokey character played by an ill-fitting guy. Namor I have more hopes for. Black Panther's basically done.

With Marvel I'm just starting. X-Men & FF are my mains, so others may take a bit of a hit, but we'll see. With DC, it's just Batman, Green Lantern and some Vertigo stuff for me, so I'm much more restrained there. From SW I more or less know what to expect. It's the random one-offs that take me by surprise and complicate things.
For HT, main suit MK is a lock. I'd like to think the suit would be a lock as cool as it is, but you never know. It would have some presence on the shelf, that is for sure.

Just don't know on the DS2 front. Main DS, Defender Strange and Zombie Strange are locks IMO. Supreme Strange is a new possibility. Actually had a dream that he was part of the Illuminati. Maybe he was at one point. I doubt a Sinister Strange. 5 Stranges so far. :lol

Kinda sucks the WV Wanda is different from this one, but close enough for an nice rehash for HT. That makes 4 IMO so far. NWH is at 6 with Tobey/Andrew/Hoody Goblin/Final suit SM presumably yet to go. 9 makes sense with a possible 10th (Final suit). Wong looks pretty good, Mordo is in villain territory so maybe a no on him. That Illuminati might not be released to retailers so it could be awhile and I don't see all of them getting made anyway. Hard to see a Prof X Stewart NOT getting made. Iron Cruise will get made if he is in it and not sure on his brobots.

For HT, main suit MK is a lock. I'd like to think the suit would be a lock as cool as it is, but you never know. It would have some presence on the shelf, that is for sure.
I want both suits if they happen, but question is where I'd put them, even if I had the money to juggle it all. My original plan was Mummy Knight with the Midnight Sons and Mr. Knight with a Punisher. I could throw my sole Tobey-Man with them. Make a sort of "random" Marvel shelf where all my extras that aren't part of specific teams and the such go.

Just don't know on the DS2 front. Main DS, Defender Strange and Zombie Strange are locks IMO. Supreme Strange is a new possibility. Actually had a dream that he was part of the Illuminati. Maybe he was at one point. I doubt a Sinister Strange. 5 Stranges so far. :lol
We've seen merch of Main, Defender & Supreme Strange, so I think they've got the biggest chance of being made. Dunno about Sinister & Zombie (who's just Decomposing Defender). They're easy variants to do, so if the movie does good I can see them releasing them as Summer Exclusives or whatever. I wouldn't get them myself. My worry is if I jump now for the main looks, or wait. I'll need at least two Stranges, but he'll surely appear in more movies, with more costumes and possibly a completely comic accurate one too at some point. I wouldn't want to get a Supreme because he's "close enough", and then in 6 years get a proper comic-accurate suit. Heh, I might end up with so many Stranges I'll be adding the to random shelves. A Strange bumping into the Doctors (Who). A Strange in the random Marvel shelf. A Strange in Doom's court. Oh, I'm rambling again. Whatever, he's got a lot of places to go.

Kinda sucks the WV Wanda is different from this one, but close enough for an nice rehash for HT. That makes 4 IMO so far. NWH is at 6 with Tobey/Andrew/Hoody Goblin/Final suit SM presumably yet to go. 9 makes sense with a possible 10th (Final suit). Wong looks pretty good, Mordo is in villain territory so maybe a no on him. That Illuminati might not be released to retailers so it could be awhile and I don't see all of them getting made anyway. Hard to see a Prof X Stewart NOT getting made. Iron Cruise will get made if he is in it and not sure on his brobots.
Wanda is a problem for me. I want one, and all her previous figures get pricier everytime, but I'm not sold on the sleeves. They don't work well with how the rest of the costume is structured. I have no problem waiting for another version, but I wonder if she'll die and get written off, or if she'll appear again later down the line, possibly with a full-on "Scarlet Witch" costume, having conquered her demons or whatever. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for all the other cameos, yeah, I don't see them getting made either, no matter who they are. Whether it be Cruise or RDJ again or whoever else, an Iron Man will always get made by HT. And Xavier was in the storyboards I saw like a year ago (could've been sooner, but it sure feels that long) so if the movie's a hit I can see them making him and putting him up for PO by year's end. Maaaaaaaybe Reed could have a slim chance, but all the rest; nah. Even if Fassbender & McAvoy appear (which I doubt, unless they're pulling them to make them the defacto MCU versions, meaning we'll get them down the line anyhow), or Black Bolt gets quasi-introduced through the Illuminati, they won't get figures. Cage GR and the such are just misinfo I think. We'll probably see Tobey again or something like that, but I don't think they'll go that deep. A Hasselhoff Fury would be fun though. It's just that if the movie is a proper hit, they'll go back to it and make more than just the Stranges.

But really, it's March and we still haven't had the POs of the Spider-Men from December's almost 2-billion-dollar grossing Spider-Man movie. Beta Fatt was a flop, but still, it's SW, and we got literally nothing from it. Worrying if they'll make a C-Lister from a Doctor Strange film that launches in May is a very premature to even think about it. And that's not counting the delays and whatever else. Novemeber's got both Aquaman & BP2, with Mandalorian S3 in December. We'll be lucky to even get Namor and Black Panther POs by the year's end, before Mandomania sets in again. May's got both DS & Kenobi. So beyond the Main Stars, I'm not calling a sure thing anything else.

Last edited:
Back