Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUMMON THE SUIT

I must declare this in every superhero movie I watch from now on....IN THE THEATER.

"SUMMON THE SUIT!"
Me, anytime any superhero movie comes out and the hero/villain doesn't were their iconic costume:
incredibles-confused.gif

The Batman is down. Next up? MOON KNIGHT!
We;ve got about 4 reveals left until MK hits. I'm assuming the Spider-Men will be shown together. What's left? Them finally showing the Hawkeyes? A Catwoman? They've been slow, but until the real onslaught starts in May from DS2 & Kenobi, I don't know what they can show from 2022 stuff only.

We;ve got about 4 reveals left until MK hits. I'm assuming the Spider-Men will be shown together. What's left? Them finally showing the Hawkeyes? A Catwoman? They've been slow, but until the real onslaught starts in May from DS2 & Kenobi, I don't know what they can show from 2022 stuff only.
For my assumed docket still to be released:
Clint and Kate revealed together - looking less and less as each week goes by, will appear again
Tobey and Andrew revealed together is a lock IMO
Hoody Goblin - Justin's Collection rumor mill was true up until his rumor of this reveal in Feb. Maybe gun shy with the Doc Ock sculpt? Nonetheless, sounds like it is coming. Want those first Goblin PO's locked in.
Classic Shiny SM suit - Just a guess at this point with little screen time, Summer Exclusive?
Batcycle and/or Batmobile - lots of positive buzz so something will happen here, if not both
Catwoman, Riddler will appear again so HT could take a pass and want you to deep throat all the Batman merch
Cad Bane - Will appear again but coolest possibility from BoBF
Black K - Can easily see this skipped and will appear again

This is assuming a MK will release once the show starts. I don't see why not to be honest. Doubt he will come with more significant accessories besides the Moonarang. I think MK and MRK will both be made. I say MK when show drops, MRK after show is done.

For my assumed docket still to be released:
Clint and Kate revealed together - looking less and less as each week goes by, will appear again
Tobey and Andrew revealed together is a lock IMO
Hoody Goblin - Justin's Collection rumor mill was true up until his rumor of this reveal in Feb. Maybe gun shy with the Doc Ock sculpt? Nonetheless, sounds like it is coming. Want those first Goblin PO's locked in.
Classic Shiny SM suit - Just a guess at this point with little screen time, Summer Exclusive?
Batcycle and/or Batmobile - lots of positive buzz so something will happen here, if not both
Catwoman, Riddler will appear again so HT could take a pass and want you to deep throat all the Batman merch
Cad Bane - Will appear again but coolest possibility from BoBF
Black K - Can easily see this skipped and will appear again

This is assuming a MK will release once the show starts. I don't see why not to be honest. Doubt he will come with more significant accessories besides the Moonarang. I think MK and MRK will both be made. I say MK when show drops, MRK after show is done.
The SMen and Hoody Goblin will happen, surely. Catwoman and Riddler, dunno. Cad Bane came in too late so who knows if they had concept art to work with? It's not like they did anything for TBOBF either. I seems to me that they're looking for the property to both succeed and have interesting designs. They've got so much on their plate that they're only going all out if there's going to be a market for it. Hence the awful Peacemaker and the great Battinson.

MK could still have some accessories from the series we don't know about yet. An unmasked head will surely show up between the two suits. Maybe there's more. I'd love a Khonshu head or something. A staff, a tablet, some Egyptian-related bits and pieces.

The SMen and Hoody Goblin will happen, surely. Catwoman and Riddler, dunno. Cad Bane came in too late so who knows if they had concept art to work with? It's not like they did anything for TBOBF either. I seems to me that they're looking for the property to both succeed and have interesting designs. They've got so much on their plate that they're only going all out if there's going to be a market for it. Hence the awful Peacemaker and the great Battinson.

MK could still have some accessories from the series we don't know about yet. An unmasked head will surely show up between the two suits. Maybe there's more. I'd love a Khonshu head or something. A staff, a tablet, some Egyptian-related bits and pieces.
It just makes you wonder what Howard at HT sees before hand. Look at The Batman figure. He had this load of accessories ready to go on opening day. I am not sure if the transparency is there on the D+ shows of late or he just says, "I ain't doing that ****." Would be nice in a corporation to give your merch people a heads up on key accessories that isn't totally ruining the movie. Or just tell Howard to leave a space for this but have it blurred out. So many unknowns in the merch world.

I would rather they just skip the Hawkeyes and move on. No one even talks about them anymore. Even skip Black K and just do a Cad. I am really looking at DS2 as the next big stop. What can you fit in before that? 8 weeks until DS2 week. Forgot MK and Morbius are in the same week. Would they do both or leave MK to next week?

Tobey and Andrew
Batmobile/Batcycle
Hoody Goblin
Moon Knight
Morbius
Cad Bane
?
?

Always potential for an off week. Hot Toys going to make some cuts somewhere.

I know there will always be some, but honestly, if running an expensive toy company, would many want to buy this figure? If you seen the movie, there is an argument for both sides on it. This is a movie with a bigger reach, so possibly. Catwoman would be the most likely of the two IMO.

275148557_1387434605016269_7453366275385296622_n.jpg

It just makes you wonder what Howard at HT sees before hand. Look at The Batman figure. He had this load of accessories ready to go on opening day. I am not sure if the transparency is there on the D+ shows of late or he just says, "I ain't doing that ****." Would be nice in a corporation to give your merch people a heads up on key accessories that isn't totally ruining the movie. Or just tell Howard to leave a space for this but have it blurred out. So many unknowns in the merch world.
They usually just get very basic concept art. Whatever's hidden from the GA, is usually hidden from them too. Unless it's something like Hasbro, making mass produced cheap figures, where there's more wiggle room. But considering all the stuff we saw in DS toys ended up being revealed anyhow, I don't think they have concept art of much else. That's why I think it's important for Howard to just like the character, and the movie to do good. Otherwise they won't bother to catch up.

I would rather they just skip the Hawkeyes and move on. No one even talks about them anymore. Even skip Black K and just do a Cad. I am really looking at DS2 as the next big stop. What can you fit in before that? 8 weeks until DS2 week. Forgot MK and Morbius are in the same week. Would they do both or leave MK to next week?

Tobey and Andrew
Batmobile/Batcycle
Hoody Goblin
Moon Knight
Morbius
Cad Bane
?
?

Always potential for an off week. Hot Toys going to make some cuts somewhere.
I'd skip the Hawks too, but who knows when they'll show up? Maybe just do a Kate and be done with it.

Dunno if Morbius is a lock. Venom is Venom; he sells. Morbius could tank as a flick first and foremost. As for Cad Bane, I don't think they'll have had the time to put one together. I think that's a Summer Con Reveal, or "random announcement" type of figure. There's too much coming, and they've wasted too many weeks in the year to play catchup that much.

I know there will always be some, but honestly, if running an expensive toy company, would many want to buy this figure? If you seen the movie, there is an argument for both sides on it. This is a movie with a bigger reach, so possibly. Catwoman would be the most likely of the two IMO.

275148557_1387434605016269_7453366275385296622_n.jpg
Personally I wouldn't drop 300€ on that. I love a finely tailored suit, and I'd drop the cash on a very plain figure like a Travis Bickle, but that's a classic. Dano Riddler could be a great capevillain, but I'd still not be enticed. I buy all my Marvel/DC dollies based on how closely they resemble their comic counterparts. Having outgrown Batman, my Batshelf will be fairly small compared to something like the X-Men. Bale & Ledger go together, and whatever comes from the Battinson Trilogy and is part of my list while being executed well. So if I do decide to add Riddler to my ranks of few super-villains, he'll need to get a proper suit. In general, I don't think this would move many units in this hobby. Not in such a packed year at that.

They usually just get very basic concept art. Whatever's hidden from the GA, is usually hidden from them too. Unless it's something like Hasbro, making mass produced cheap figures, where there's more wiggle room. But considering all the stuff we saw in DS toys ended up being revealed anyhow, I don't think they have concept art of much else. That's why I think it's important for Howard to just like the character, and the movie to do good. Otherwise they won't bother to catch up.

I'd skip the Hawks too, but who knows when they'll show up? Maybe just do a Kate and be done with it.
There will be another opportunity down the road.
Dunno if Morbius is a lock. Venom is Venom; he sells. Morbius could tank as a flick first and foremost. As for Cad Bane, I don't think they'll have had the time to put one together. I think that's a Summer Con Reveal, or "random announcement" type of figure. There's too much coming, and they've wasted too many weeks in the year to play catchup that much.
Don't say that! Morbius will sell! He is needed for a Midnight Sons squad that is slowly coming together. How could would this look on a shelf? A proper vampire with HT quality would be very impressive. Leaping right at you on the shelf. SUMMON THE SUIT!

Morbius-the-Living-Vampire.jpg

Personally I wouldn't drop 300€ on that. I love a finely tailored suit, and I'd drop the cash on a very plain figure like a Travis Bickle, but that's a classic. Dano Riddler could be a great capevillain, but I'd still not be enticed. I buy all my Marvel/DC dollies based on how closely they resemble their comic counterparts. Having outgrown Batman, my Batshelf will be fairly small compared to something like the X-Men. Bale & Ledger go together, and whatever comes from the Battinson Trilogy and is part of my list while being executed well. So if I do decide to add Riddler to my ranks of few super-villains, he'll need to get a proper suit. In general, I don't think this would move many units in this hobby. Not in such a packed year at that.
I was thinking about it and I don't like my villains as Phase 1 or in the beginning stages. Just give me the villain in all their glory while I enjoy the build journey with the hero. I am still not totally sold on this Batman. That fabric on the upper body looks a little cheap and I would have rather seen a more leathery material like the stunt suit had.

I hope a lot of care is put into MK cause the suit is absolutely mind blowing.

There will be another opportunity down the road.

Don't say that! Morbius will sell! He is needed for a Midnight Sons squad that is slowly coming together. How could would this look on a shelf? A proper vampire with HT quality would be very impressive. Leaping right at you on the shelf. SUMMON THE SUIT!

Morbius-the-Living-Vampire.jpg
I do hope the flick does well and he eventually joins the MS, but who knows with Sony? If he does eventually join the MS, might as well wait in case he gets a more comic book-y outfit there. My guess is that he'll end the flick with that long black coat with the velvet-y purple interior. But he could still get a more "Matrix"-esque look if he does appear again. We'll see, I'm open to it.

I was thinking about it and I don't like my villains as Phase 1 or in the beginning stages. Just give me the villain in all their glory while I enjoy the build journey with the hero. I am still not totally sold on this Batman. That fabric on the upper body looks a little cheap and I would have rather seen a more leathery material like the stunt suit had.
I agree with that. Me, I want the "proper" look on my shelf. There are a few cases where I might want a "first appearance" type of look, or characters where I'd get more than one outfits, but they're few and far between. I prefer waiting for the best version, the one that's closer to my tastes, than just jumping in. I'll most probably be passing on this Battinson and wait for the sequel suit. It'll probably look more complete and I only really need one. This year's too packed for me to waste a slot on a character I'll be able to get again, and miss on even one one-off figure. Granted, by the time Battinson 2 comes out we might be full force into the X-Men, but even then we're looking at the beginning of another 10 year phase, so I doubt I'll be getting the first Cyclops and Jean they put out. I'm going to need two of those, for two different displays, and I have specific costumes in mind, so I'm fine waiting. That's the trick, really. Wait until the perfect look comes around.

I hope a lot of care is put into MK cause the suit is absolutely mind blowing.
Definitely. The outfit really grew on me and I want them to knock it out of the park, especially with all the bandages and everything. It could really be a stunning figure if they put care into it.

I do hope the flick does well and he eventually joins the MS, but who knows with Sony? If he does eventually join the MS, might as well wait in case he gets a more comic book-y outfit there. My guess is that he'll end the flick with that long black coat with the velvet-y purple interior. But he could still get a more "Matrix"-esque look if he does appear again. We'll see, I'm open to it.
Interesting as that I watched the red carpet with NWH and they had the Sony CEO on. He let slip that Sony borrowed a character and Sony was letting Marvel borrow one back. I think he was referring to Strange (maybe Downey didn't count at the time) and I am curious what that Sony character could be. All they have is the stable of Spider-Man characters, so not sure who.
I agree with that. Me, I want the "proper" look on my shelf. There are a few cases where I might want a "first appearance" type of look, or characters where I'd get more than one outfits, but they're few and far between. I prefer waiting for the best version, the one that's closer to my tastes, than just jumping in. I'll most probably be passing on this Battinson and wait for the sequel suit. It'll probably look more complete and I only really need one. This year's too packed for me to waste a slot on a character I'll be able to get again, and miss on even one one-off figure. Granted, by the time Battinson 2 comes out we might be full force into the X-Men, but even then we're looking at the beginning of another 10 year phase, so I doubt I'll be getting the first Cyclops and Jean they put out. I'm going to need two of those, for two different displays, and I have specific costumes in mind, so I'm fine waiting. That's the trick, really. Wait until the perfect look comes around.
I still think DS2 will be the end of the year for me. Dr. Fate is cool, but I think I'll pass. I know there won't be a Brosnan headsculpt. Batfleck is too futuristic engineering with set pics of The Flash and Keaton doesn't do it for me. She Hulk works with F4 and has teamed up with other heroes, but I'll pass. I doubt there will be any surprise Arkham figures or a 3rd party Gambit that will pop up to garner my interest, but we'll see.

I personally don't care to preorder until the production figure is revealed in HK. Gives me plenty of time in seeing how things play out and make decisions accordingly. I enjoy the hype train, but when the dust settles, I can make up my mind properly. Just not sure how long DS2 releases will take to finalize HT's part in it.

Interesting as that I watched the red carpet with NWH and they had the Sony CEO on. He let slip that Sony borrowed a character and Sony was letting Marvel borrow one back. I think he was referring to Strange (maybe Downey didn't count at the time) and I am curious what that Sony character could be. All they have is the stable of Spider-Man characters, so not sure who.
We'll see. Now that it's confirmed that Hardy Venom is its own universe, meanwhile Morbius has that Toomes cameo, who knows? But they have the Variant excuse they can play with. We'll have to wait and see in any case. I'd like to add a Morbius to be my MS. Dunno if I'd get a Blade too, as I'd like to keep it as a "one creature per figure", so I'd need 1 Vamp, 1 Hunter, and so on. But I'm skipping the Werewolf, so I'm not too tied to it. Morbius has that mix of both Y2K Goth/Matrix and Legacy Of Kain Vampire that hits the spot for me. Blade'd tempt me more if it was Snipes, but now that it's a new version I'm just "k, cool". I'll have the F4 to juggle by the time that launches anyhow. Just the 4 alone will cost me near two grand with the Thing.

I still think DS2 will be the end of the year for me. Dr. Fate is cool, but I think I'll pass. I know there won't be a Brosnan headsculpt. Batfleck is too futuristic engineering with set pics of The Flash and Keaton doesn't do it for me. She Hulk works with F4 and has teamed up with other heroes, but I'll pass. I doubt there will be any surprise Arkham figures or a 3rd party Gambit that will pop up to garner my interest, but we'll see.
Past DS2, we have Thor 4, BP2, AM2, Flash, BA, SH and the GotG special. She-Hulk I'm passing on, I don't much care for the Hulks. Even if they made an FF version of her, I'm planning on two versions of the F4 max; one normal and one Future Foundation. Black Adam could tempt me, but it's just the Rock wearing a musclesuit. I'm not seeing Teth Adam anywhere. Doctor Fate is still in my list, but who knows if they'll even make him. The costume looks iffy too. I don't care for the Flash or Keaton. My next Batman will be a Battinson when the sequel comes out. Thor 4... Meh. I'd get a classic Loki, but I have more chances of him getting such a look in S2 of his show. Crowe Zeus won't happen; maybe if Herc gets his own film. I did say that I was going to buy an Aquamomoa to be a stand-in for Namor, but it was a stupid idea. The new blue suit looks off and Momoa's beard just doesn't fit Namor. I just see Momoa, nobody else. It was just a knee-jerk reaction to the MCU Namor casting being so underwhelming. So either I'll completely hate the MCU design and skip him, or I'll bite the bullet and get him anyhow, then try to kitbash an Ultimate Namor. I need a Panther too, but I can wait. It's about the Illuminati display anyhow. The GotG special will at best feature a Warlock cameo/tease, but we'll get that figure next year with Vol 3.

But yeah, my main wants are in DS2 & Kenobi. I know I'll get a Moon Knight, but those two are the ones that'll fill my plate. Depends on who's in them, which ones HT makes, and so on. If Kenobi does indeed feature extensive PT flashbacks, I'll need to grab the ROTS Anakin/Obi-Wan reissues if they happen. Latest rumour's that Qui-Gon's in it too, alongside Sheev. Strange's got too many things to count, so I'm trying not to think about them. 2023 will be gentler. Warlock, maybe a Star-Lord and a High Evolutionary. Kang, maybe a MODOK if they make him. I can't think of anything else. Zeke Stane from Ironheart if they get Justin Timberlake and the suit's cool? Justin Hammer from Armour Wars? Dunno, it's too early, but it doesn't look as packed as this year. I doubt FF will be 2023, it'll probably be 2024. If Blade's 2023 and Elsa's in it, depending on the casting and outfit, I could go for her. Same for Black Knight and Dracula.

I'm waiting to see what JND and QS will cook up too. And I have the Exo-6 Kirk & Spock in my list, whenever they happen.

I personally don't care to preorder until the production figure is revealed in HK. Gives me plenty of time in seeing how things play out and make decisions accordingly. I enjoy the hype train, but when the dust settles, I can make up my mind properly. Just not sure how long DS2 releases will take to finalize HT's part in it.
I always PO because I put them on a Payment Plan. I've got some one-offs that I couldn't find at my usual store, but they're the exceptions. It helps me juggle it all and know exactly where I am.

We'll see. Now that it's confirmed that Hardy Venom is its own universe, meanwhile Morbius has that Toomes cameo, who knows? But they have the Variant excuse they can play with. We'll have to wait and see in any case. I'd like to add a Morbius to be my MS. Dunno if I'd get a Blade too, as I'd like to keep it as a "one creature per figure", so I'd need 1 Vamp, 1 Hunter, and so on. But I'm skipping the Werewolf, so I'm not too tied to it. Morbius has that mix of both Y2K Goth/Matrix and Legacy Of Kain Vampire that hits the spot for me. Blade'd tempt me more if it was Snipes, but now that it's a new version I'm just "k, cool". I'll have the F4 to juggle by the time that launches anyhow. Just the 4 alone will cost me near two grand with the Thing.

Past DS2, we have Thor 4, BP2, AM2, Flash, BA, SH and the GotG special. She-Hulk I'm passing on, I don't much care for the Hulks. Even if they made an FF version of her, I'm planning on two versions of the F4 max; one normal and one Future Foundation. Black Adam could tempt me, but it's just the Rock wearing a musclesuit. I'm not seeing Teth Adam anywhere. Doctor Fate is still in my list, but who knows if they'll even make him. The costume looks iffy too. I don't care for the Flash or Keaton. My next Batman will be a Battinson when the sequel comes out. Thor 4... Meh. I'd get a classic Loki, but I have more chances of him getting such a look in S2 of his show. Crowe Zeus won't happen; maybe if Herc gets his own film. I did say that I was going to buy an Aquamomoa to be a stand-in for Namor, but it was a stupid idea. The new blue suit looks off and Momoa's beard just doesn't fit Namor. I just see Momoa, nobody else. It was just a knee-jerk reaction to the MCU Namor casting being so underwhelming. So either I'll completely hate the MCU design and skip him, or I'll bite the bullet and get him anyhow, then try to kitbash an Ultimate Namor. I need a Panther too, but I can wait. It's about the Illuminati display anyhow. The GotG special will at best feature a Warlock cameo/tease, but we'll get that figure next year with Vol 3.
Oh F4. Yeah, that one is going to hurt. Hope they nail the suits the first time around. I don't care to wait for the next iterations. I hope to have something close to the white and blue. I like it better than the blue and black. Add Doom to that list for an easy 5. I do like the Future Foundation white too. Very clean and techy. I just prefer the classic.

fantasticfour_sharable3a.png

I wasn't ready for Thor Ragnarok. Some very impressive visuals, but the goofball stuff was too much. When I seen Love and Thunder with Thor Jane, I knew I wanted nothing to do with it. Now if Kang looks awesome with a blue shield visor, I might be interested. If he acts like a clown show again, I might pass even if it looks cool. We'll see.
But yeah, my main wants are in DS2 & Kenobi. I know I'll get a Moon Knight, but those two are the ones that'll fill my plate. Depends on who's in them, which ones HT makes, and so on. If Kenobi does indeed feature extensive PT flashbacks, I'll need to grab the ROTS Anakin/Obi-Wan reissues if they happen. Latest rumour's that Qui-Gon's in it too, alongside Sheev. Strange's got too many things to count, so I'm trying not to think about them. 2023 will be gentler. Warlock, maybe a Star-Lord and a High Evolutionary. Kang, maybe a MODOK if they make him. I can't think of anything else. Zeke Stane from Ironheart if they get Justin Timberlake and the suit's cool? Justin Hammer from Armour Wars? Dunno, it's too early, but it doesn't look as packed as this year. I doubt FF will be 2023, it'll probably be 2024. If Blade's 2023 and Elsa's in it, depending on the casting and outfit, I could go for her. Same for Black Knight and Dracula.

I'm waiting to see what JND and QS will cook up too. And I have the Exo-6 Kirk & Spock in my list, whenever they happen.
You have a wider taste than I do. Even with that, I have 31 figures now. TNG Trek I might or might not get. 5 TNG Riker, Worf, Picard, Data and Geordi. I could be interested in a First Contact Space suit, as Nanji teased. Will see what he has for the Trek con in April.

For Midnight Sons, totally getting a Blade and Morbius. Not sure what will happen after that. BK will have to look cool and not sure who else will be added to the squad. Guess my DS1 Strange is part of them so that works. Definitely no Werewolf. None of the other characters were too appealing.

I think I'm out on SW. Got my 2 Luke's on PO and I don't see anything incoming. They might as well have Kang in it cause of how clown the universe is. I'm passing on Cad. Inquisitors could look cool with their red sabers and black armor, but too much damage is done to the heart.
I always PO because I put them on a Payment Plan. I've got some one-offs that I couldn't find at my usual store, but they're the exceptions. It helps me juggle it all and know exactly where I am.
Outside of the U.S., it seems like preordering is more of a problem. You can wait months for most figures after they are available at Sideshow. Some of those Euro custom practices are communist.

Back