Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the X-Men Blue & Gold strike force are coming back after the events of Schism.
And just assuming from the teasers I've seen, Wolvie's on the Gold side along with Rogue while Emma & someone that looks like Shaw is on Blue.

Follow-up regarding the "Schism" event.
Nightcrawler will be the newest addition to X-Force & since X-Force is led by Wolvie. The whole team will be part of Wolverine's "Gold" X-Men.

Note that Nightcrawler died in the events of "Second Coming" & the Nightcrawler mentioned in the previous statement is...

Drumroll please.
From the Age Of Apocalypse!

Also from the silhouettes, looks like Gambit is with the "Gold" team as well. Which makes it:

- Wolverine
- Psylocke
- Deadpool
- Nightcrawler (AoA)
- Fantomex
- Rogue
- Gambit

No Angel though...

Since I already mentioned that Cable is coming back & it looks like he's coming after the Avengers.

cable-is-reborn-in-avengers-x-sanction-20110913034326294.jpg

Just finished number 6 of FI. This probably is a decent story, but I can't find it in the main books. Feels like too much of it was stripped off, and packaged into other Marvel titles as a money grab. It's disappointing because with 7 issues, you'd think they'd be able to push something whole and complete out, but this is just all over the place.

The Red Skull Pak limited series, however, is a home run so far. Can't wait to see how that one finishes up.

Just finished number 6 of FI. This probably is a decent story, but I can't find it in the main books. Feels like too much of it was stripped off, and packaged into other Marvel titles as a money grab. It's disappointing because with 7 issues, you'd think they'd be able to push something whole and complete out, but this is just all over the place.

The Red Skull Pak limited series, however, is a home run so far. Can't wait to see how that one finishes up.

I stopped around the 4th issue on Fear. I should give that Red Skull mini a try then.

Have you read Vengeance KBA? The one with the villains.

:exactly:

I'm loving Incarnate.

Just read the 1st issue, it really didn't seem as promising but I'll still give it a go. It's villains which is a plus already for me.

Let me know how it pans out :rock

Have you dabbled in any of the new 52 on the DC side of the coin? Suicide Squad #1 was a good first issue.

Is it about the new Red Skull or the original one?

Original :yess:

Let me know how it pans out :rock

Have you dabbled in any of the new 52 on the DC side of the coin? Suicide Squad #1 was a good first issue.

Original :yess:

Will do man!

I haven't picked up any of DCs new 52. I was kinda fearing picking that one up since they re-did Harley's costume but I'll check it out.

It's definitely a book with potential. The costume change bugged me at first, but Harley remains Harley the character we know and love. Just skimpier :lol

Tried to read Fear Itself, found it boring and lost my attention many times over. Interestingly enough I found myself wrapped up pretty good in Spider-Island which I thought was going to suck something hard. Although I've restrained myself from going outside of ASM and Venom since I already read those.

The glutton of X-Books will keep me away from that event. I have no ____ing clue what is going on with the mutants since I've been away from their comics for about three years now and it looks even more convoluted from the promos I've read.

As for Miles Morales, I read the first issue and I was utterly disappointed. It oozed of Bendis trying too hard. Let's make him Black and Hispanic. Then let's make him poor. Then let's make the theft of Oscorp involved. Literally I scoffed at all of the cliches and all of the attempts to endear Miles to us. I love his costume but I really see this as a missed opportunity by the Marvel Ultimates big-wigs.

Peter has been searching for family since before becoming Spider-Man. He has been crushed by the loss of his father and mother at a young age, then its further compounded by the loss of his uncle, not to mention the revolving door of friends and girlfriends which all point out why he holds on to his dear Aunt May so hard. It's the only tether to normalcy that he has. Through Miles they could have given him a "brother" someone who can be his bridge to a normal life by having him endure the same journey and trial and have them be there for one another. I don't see why there can only be one Ultimate Spider-Man, realistically it's not like there wouldn't be a need for two.

I will follow him through his first arc but I'm not really too optimistic. I do love the costume though, I think it's a nice update and kind of hope if Peter returns (which I'm sure he will if Miles doesn't work out) that he'll take something similar in terms of the relaunch. It's the Ultimates, I don't see why Marvel isn't take more chances on certain looks since it really is an alternative verse anyway.

It's the Ultimates, I don't see why Marvel isn't take more chances on certain looks since it really is an alternative verse anyway.

That is strange. The alternate universes are so ripe for creativity. I'd like to see more one-off type stories that are completely self contained in their mini-series. Old Man Logan was a great example.

2033436-cap.jpg

Could be Bucky. Could be Russia's Red Guardian. Either way Marvel's 2012 looks to be shaping up pretty nicely.

Cable fighting the Avengers, Ultron War & the New Dark Avengers.
Just hope they don't come up short.

Back