Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Dark Reign]

What do you guys think about the internet rumor that the big bad guy that Norman has on his side and that the Cabal is afraid of is --> Marvel Man(Miracleman)...

I doubt it, and I sure as hell hope not. Having a character like that figure soooo prominently and operate solely in the shadows throughout several major events without directly taking place in them would come off like a slap in the face and a deus ex machina. Granted, the guy's ridiculously powerful, and we've been hearing about him coming back onto the scene, but I don't see it. BMB said for SIEGE readers, people should be sure to have read Civil War, Secret Invasion, Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man, Captain American Reborn, The Death of Captain America, the first six issues of the Thor reboot, and possibly Secret War though it's not an essential aspect of what's going to be going on. Since Marvel Man hasn't figured prominently in a book since... what? 1992? I really can't see him as the shadow man.

What will be sooooooo nice is that SIEGE is to usher the end of big all-universe-encompassing crossovers. My wallet will have time to heal come mid-2010.

Also, one of the Dark Avengers will die. Let the speculation begin.

Also, one of the Dark Avengers will die. Let the speculation begin.

Hasnt the Sentry already died at least 3 -4 times during the serie.:duh

This time apparently one member of the team will be put to bed for good, and barring the Sentry being killed by the Void or vice versa, I'd say it has to be some other team member besides Bob Reynolds since nothing we've seen has been capable of killing him thus far. I understand the punch that could have during SIEGE, though hardly anyone seems to stay dead forever in comics. Case in point, the Punisher's grisly end this past week. Enter Frankencastle.

Case in point, the Punisher's grisly end this past week. Enter Frankencastle.

What was up with that? I was thinking how is he going to get out of this and then damn he is cut up good. Then they had to ruin it by introducing Frankencastle. It would have been awesome if they re-wrote the story line from the 90s and turned Castle into Deathlok.

Frankencastle will obviously sux, just like that time when the punisher had become an angel or something, Killing demons...:monkey4

I was surprised that Punisher got cancelled like that, but he put up one hell of a badass fight before he got his ass handed to him at the bitter end. Not sure what's going to go down with him following Frankencastle. He was diced up nicely.

I was reading previews and it looks like the Marvel monsters are going to be involved more.

Including:
Man-Thing
Morbius
Some wolf guy
A mummy?

I will not be buying but I guess there is a market for this.

Man-Thing definitely has a big role to play, and he was recently cut in half by Ares and retrieved by H.A.M.M.E.R. agents, so I'm curious what the fallout from that was and whether or not Punisher died before or after. Marvel Monsters are going to be taking on a bigger role it looks... not sure how I feel about that...

Just a few SIEGE previews I found compelling. The first has been a long time in coming, the second... Jesus Christ..., and the third is much more to my liking for obvious reasons.

siege-20091104025634681.jpg

siege-20091105021208312.jpg

siege-event-20091016042526414.jpg

1257786728.jpg

Thanks, Shai. Saw that one in the teaser trailer but hadn't found it online. Awesome. The teasers have continually invoked the "Holy $h!t..." response from me.

Teaser as to the fate of Norman. Damn cool.
siege-20091110041219311.jpg

siege-20091109023826639.jpg

siege-20091113102729208.jpg

siege-20091113102745051.jpg

siege-20091109023823295.jpg

Since this thread has Spoilers in the titles I think I can post this here.

I used to look forward to the "What Ifs" and now I have to say they are nothing more then a way for the writers to say "See how the way we did was the right thing?"

In the Spiderman What If awhile back it was Peter going after the King Pin and saying he shouldn't have ever married Mary Jane. And what was the big hate going on at the time? The fact that they retconed the marriage out of existence.

Today the Skrull war What if comes out and it still makes Spidey look like an idiot. It is just re worked to make Osborn think he is the big hero.... while he kills millions. No way in real life would Spidey call Osborn for why he did.

Back during the "Red Dust" thing in the Avengers we learned that Wakanda has the best minds for bio research and that they were light years ahead of the rest of the word. Yet they bother trusting a drunk Stark to do it? He does tech not bio weapons.

I'm buying what if - World war hulk next week.Hope its going to be good.

I'm buying what if - World war hulk next week.Hope its going to be good.

The World War Hulk What If comes out next week already? Really looking forward to that.

And there's nothing wrong with making Norman look the hero! :D :lol He views himself as the hero right now of the whole "Dark Reign" narrative. He'd probably consider his "Dark Reign" to be more a time for enlightenment, safety, and prosperity. It's all in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. :naughty

I was both pleased and disappointed with "SIEGE: The Cabal". Pleased that the fight with Doom had a pretty cool Doombot-related twist. Disappointed that the mysterious power player in Norman's pocket was teased to be revealed, but still appeared only a shadow. Unless that shadow was the intended power player which would explain Taskmaster referring to the shadow figure as "it".

The best part, in my opinion was the SIEGE preview...

10497615702_full9768650.jpg

10497615705_full9768650.jpg

10497615708_full9768650.jpg

10497615711_full9768650.jpg

10497615714_full9768650.jpg

10497615717_full9768651.jpg

Sold.

Yeah great Siege intro...Love the Cabal issue too...Shadowed figure looks like MarvelMan..:horror

Did you read DA annual Scar? Pretty awesome last page...

wtf can i download the siege series??

Yeah great Siege intro...Love the Cabal issue too...Shadowed figure looks like MarvelMan..:horror

Did you read DA annual Scar? Pretty awesome last page...

The DA annual blew me away at the very end with Bucky and Steve. :rock I was expecting that little goth girl following Noh-Varr to be Victoria Hand. It was an ok issue overall, but the very last page knocked it out of the park.

Don't think Marvelman is the shadow man, though. Otherwise Taskmaster wouldn't have been so horrified at what was walking through the door and saying "it" instead of "he" or "she". IGN points out that even though Marvelman is pretty powerful, it's not necessarily a power level up to mopping the floor with the likes of the worst the Marvel U has to offer - i.e. Doom.

That bolt of golden lightning that hit Doom looked a lot like the lightning we usually see swirling about or being wielded by the Sentry. The Sentry/Void is the most powerful character in Marvel. Maybe the disembodied Void acting on his own accord. That would be a nice curve ball since Bob is usually ignorant of the Void's actions anyway. He seems the most likely candidate for the shadow man, with the Sentry being the main focus of Dark Avengers all throughout SIEGE.

The SIEGE: The Cabal one-shot was awesome, and maybe that reveal wasn't a let-down in the issue after all; if the figure just showed up as a living shadow or as some nightmarish perversion of the humanoid form (which the Void has manifested itself as in the past), it could explain a good bit. Still kind of up in the air, but we'll have our answer in SIEGE, and all mystery surrounding the Sentry is supposedly going to be laid to rest.

I was surprised to see that the inciting incident for SIEGE was the obliteration of an entire football stadium full of people. :horror:horror:horror Really makes Stamford seem like a shoving match by comparison.

Back