Marvel Hot Toys Consilidated Ratings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably a pipe dream but I'd love to see a site that took reviews from serious HT collectors and tabulated them into a numerical score. Not from people on Youtube that give 10/10 to everything they buy (so they justify their purchase) but kind of like a Rotten Tomatoes for Hot Toys.

For example I was considering tracking down a HT Whiplash and after seeing a couple reviews it turnd me off 100%. I have a couple HT pieces (IM Secret Project, Cap Stealth Suit) and probably going to pick up a couple this year being a big movie and some great ones coming out...but I'd love to hear what see what true collectors are saying. If it's great or has some serious design flaws for the ridiculous money they command.

Now I just need to figure out if I should go for a CW Falcon, CW Cap, or IM2 War Machine to go with the Power Pose IM XLVI I've decided to get on the cheap!

:duff :duff :duff :duff

Whiplash is amazing. Even though I don't care much for his appearance in the movie, I'm a toy collector first & foremost & it's simply an awesome, detailed, articulated & unique figure. Besides that this forum is an amazing source of knowledge for these collectibles & simply collect what YOU like.

It's all about what you like and what is important to you. Some people are all about appearance, others articulation and so on. Most collectors here aren't interested in power pose figures but there's nothing wrong with them. I think you could also get it cheaper if you wait but that's true with most figures. Just based off what I've seen though I wouldn't score the power pose 46 very high. Maybe 3 of 5 on appearance and 2 of 5 on value.

Of course you can always sell off a piece if your taste changes over time, or something comes along that you want more.

Why not make a thread, like 'Rate your Hot Toys figures' and tabulate them yourself in the first post. You could also ask to have it pinned to the top of the boards in each section(DC/Marvel/StarWars/etc), just an idea

Also some reviewers are biased but theres a lot of impartial and fair reviewers(Xenomorph/Darkangel) out there that give fair scores based purely on the merits of the figure, rather than personal opinions. Which I guess is something a rating system just averages out(personal opinion).

Theres also no better place to get opinions than here. You could ask what people thought in the Whiplash thread and get opinions from collectors who own him and it's really your own personal opinion that should sway your mind in buying a particular figure, theres no assurance you'd feel the same as someone else about one

Back