Mars Toys 89 Alfred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived like that too
IMG_3381.jpeg

The glasses can kinda be “warped” back into shape, but they’re still screwed up. I’ll have to ask Giantoy about a replacement.

The way they packed the glasses is really weird.

Alfred himself looks great though. I’m impressed.
Giantoys had good customer service when I had missing or damaged accessories with the Mars Joker.

I wish the glasses would’ve been attached to the damn head. Even after bending them somewhat back into shape they sit on the ears weirdly.

Anyone considered cutting “slots” into the side of his head for the arms of the glasses to fit in?

It’s a 3rd Party, unlicensed product.
Sometimes you get what you pay for? 🤷‍♂️
I'd say the final product itself is of a very high quality. Especially for the price. All of the Mars Toys 89 releases are, imo.

Looks like there's an issue with how some of the figures have been packed up at the factory, or maybe shipping / handling? Don't know. Very unfortunate indeed (All 3 of mine are ok though).

The figure itself is fantastic quality, arguably almost on par with Hot Toys, it’s just the packing process that seems to be an issue.

The plastic tray hugs Alfred’s face (without any soft protection over it, which is causing the nose paint rub), the glasses were put in a weird tray where they aren’t fully safe and secure (and can “float” around / get crushed by the tray while packing), and missing hands seems to be a common occurrence for Mars sadly.

I’m still glad to support Mars (I’ll be even gladder when I get replacement parts), but hopefully they can iron this out.

I wasn’t initially “excited” for Alfred, but after seeing some pics here, then getting him all set up with his bowtie and coat, I feel really happy seeing him. Truly an awesome figure - just goes to show that even a “boring” character can be a fun figure if the effort is put in. I love all the extras.

Last edited:
After seeing all of the issues, I just opened mine to check. The sculpt is perfect, but the glasses are pulverized :(

Alfred.jpg

Glasses1.jpg

I've messaged Kit, so hopefully, he can get me fixed up.

Other than that, this is one fantastic looking figure - Mars has really upped their game (y)

Back