Mars Toys 89 Alfred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the button stitched on?
No it’s one of those little press buttons that’s glued in place. I might have found a solution though a different figure (Marty McFly) has some spares that look the same size. Just need to paint them gold and use some fabric glue and I should be good to go.

I’m not sure if I would use the little sleeve deals even though that was what I was thinking. They’re fairly tight and can probably take the buttons off if you’re not careful.

Alfred has arrived!
Love the likeness and accessories!

Attachments

• DSCN4219.JPG
    DSCN4219.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4221.JPG
    DSCN4221.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4225.JPG
    DSCN4225.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4237.JPG
    DSCN4237.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4238.JPG
    DSCN4238.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I put his black sleeves on and yeah, it was a *****. Can’t believe I didn’t rip his buttons off. There are four in total right, two on each sleeve.

I got him in the green apron, he’s looking very snazzy. Thinking of getting him a 1/6 water pitcher and glass. Was going to take one of his extra coats and throw it over his arm. Yeah, it’s not one of Bruce’s Armani bullet ridden coats like the film but folded over the arm, who could tell.

Mob Joker, Alfred and Bruce Wayne, great figures. So happy to have them and glad people are getting second, third and fourth tries at them. They shouldn’t be missed.

I put his black sleeves on and yeah, it was a *****. Can’t believe I didn’t rip his buttons off. There are four in total right, two on each sleeve.

I got him in the green apron, he’s looking very snazzy. Thinking of getting him a 1/6 water pitcher and glass. Was going to take one of his extra coats and throw it over his arm. Yeah, it’s not one of Bruce’s Armani bullet ridden coats like the film but folded over the arm, who could tell.

Mob Joker, Alfred and Bruce Wayne, great figures. So happy to have them and glad people are getting second, third and fourth tries at them. They shouldn’t be missed.
If you happen to find a pitcher and glass please let me know.

Are the extras in storage or on display?
The other 2 are in the box. I have the 95 batmobile coming next month. A moducase coming in April and when both these arrive I’ll be able to pose another Alfred. My figures are currently cramped up together in an unorganized matter 🤣

The other 2 are in the box. I have the 95 batmobile coming next month. A moducase coming in April and when both these arrive I’ll be able to pose another Alfred. My figures are currently cramped up together in an unorganized matter 🤣
Did you see the new Moducase RGB lights with the programmable app?

The white light appears to be dimmer but i like the option of different colors and convenience of turning them on /off with the app.

Initially, my figures were nicely spaced out in my Moducases but lately I’ve been cramming all my figures into a crowded display because I’m running out of space and want to keep the figures dust free. Time to order more cases. :lol

I started throwing out some boxes and consolidating - I have 3 Mars Jokers (threw out 2 boxes and kept all the accessories in the remaining box).

My glasses were not broken but arrived pancaked. They were sandwiched between the two plastic clam-shells. I used a hair dryer to warm up the plastic and bend them back into shape.

Attachments

• 20240213_193300.jpg
    20240213_193300.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240213_205156.jpg
    20240213_205156.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 0
The glasses can kinda be “warped” back into shape, but they’re still screwed up. I’ll have to ask Giantoy about a replacement.

The way they packed the glasses is really weird.

Alfred himself looks great though. I’m impressed.

Back