Mars Toys 89 Alfred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening Alfred now. Tempted to get a second, it’s that good.

The only nitpick I have is the base, why not do the classic ‘89 logo instead of . . . whatever that logo is?

Opening Alfred now. Tempted to get a second, it’s that good.

The only nitpick I have is the base, why not do the classic ‘89 logo instead of . . . whatever that logo is?
I was looking at that funky logo the other day. I guess their thinking was the figure encompasses Alfred from a few movies so they kinda drew each different movie logo on to the base to represent that. Still ugly though. 😄

Yeah, conformity with the Mr J and Mr W bases would have been preferred. And I wish Hot Toys had used the proper movie poster version of the logo on DX08 and 09 instead of the plain yellow/black bat-symbol they went with.

Looking forward to getting this one. Never thought I'd say that about an old man that was never an Arnie or Harrison Ford type actor.

Stellar figure. I’m so tempted to get one more for the green apron look but we’ll see. They definitely look good together.

IMG_2783.jpeg

Looks great Coco! Beautiful display stand, too, as usual :clap

Thanks, G!

Green apron would lend a bit of much-needed color to the Wayne/Batman shelf.

Those bases are just perfect. I can't see posing either of those figures without them.

Thanks!
Yeah, I agree. Looks kinda different with that splash of green plus I loved his reaction to Bruce coming home with a bullet hole in his coat in that scene.

Stellar figure. I’m so tempted to get one more for the green apron look but we’ll see. They definitely look good together.

View attachment 688721

That’s what I’m thinking. He looks so good with the green apron and sleeve things.

Really thinking of a second and displaying him like you have it above, but with the eventual armory vault that hopefully JazzInc makes.

247F739A-8323-442F-BA34-1C7136E4BBF9.jpeg

But yeah, the apron looks great. I love the food garnish too. Great accessories.

It would be slick to put together some sort of Batcave display with the Batman, Alfred, the Batmobile, Batsuit vault, and command center - if the last two ever get made.

Maybe something similar to the lego set.

980FC542-A162-42B7-A20C-27DDF76DB801.jpeg

Anyone considering getting two; one for an 89 display, and one for a Forever display?

I bought 2 Alfreds mainly for the Burton Batman movies but wanted the flexibility to display with the Joel Schumacher films.

Maybe we’ll get Alfred’s niece (Batgirl) from Hot Toys one day - but for now, I’ll have to settle for the McFarlane figure for my Alicia Silverstone fix.

An Alicia Silverstone Batgirl would be awesome. O’Donnell Robin’s “nightwing” suit and a Clooney Batman would be great to have too.

I almost wonder if they’re somewhere in the pipeline, since Hot Toys almost has all of the live action (sans serials) Batmen made… even if 10+ years from now.

They’d probably do their “ice” suits, if anything.

5fbf6125c6bf513291bc77c15d25dffe_xl.jpg

So my Alfred is still on the way. Pretty sure CNY slowed it down big time.
2-06: Departure from the original airport
2-09: Arrival to the destination airport
2-12: USORD1 / Arrive at overseas processing center

That's a first.

Got mine today. Again, no customs which is awesome.

The figure is astonishing. I just can't believe the quality and the care that has gone into these figures, especially for a non-essential (for most people) character like Alfred. Rondesmo shouldn't regret ordering this.

I love that the proper character names went on the bases. They couldn't put them on the boxes but they've done it on the stands. Really contributes to these figures from Mars feeling 'official' on the shelf - together with the terrific sculpts, outfits and accessories obviously.

@DiFabio I know you said you'd have no interest in certain characters but if they were all made to this standard I doubt you would resist. I'd get Vicky - my only worry would be the hair and the challenge of female likenesses generally. I was a bit meh on Bob the goon, but again, if made to these standards I'd likely cave. I now say I probably would buy a Pat Hingle Commissioner Gordon. Especially if we ever have a bat-signal. He'd stand out well with his portlier old man build. And in terms of the broader bat-verse, Gordon is a vital character to represent even if those films didn't do much with him.

I don't think Mars will go very much deeper than they have right now - heck I'm still half thinking they'll get a cease and desist order and it could all be over. But it's fun to speculate.

Last edited:
Back