Mars Toys 89 Alfred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
šŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ

Attachments

• 7DB66927-47D2-4590-8ACA-A59659BCDE74.jpeg
    7DB66927-47D2-4590-8ACA-A59659BCDE74.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
I think it looks awesome.
They fixed the sculpt that had this weird Ā« froggy Ā» face on the proto IMO.
Congrats for those who ordered it. It will looks fantastic next to Bruce.
But it does not change my mind. Even if Iā€™m a huge fan of Batman 89, donā€™t feel I need him.
I think the 1/6 scale works very well for figure in an armor, suit, or when maked-up.
Out of that, it really gets a weird Ā« doll effect Ā» that Iā€™m always uncomfortable with. It reminds me the Big Jim I used to play as a kid that werenā€™t really confortable to play with.
I made an exception with Bruce Wayne who is the main character and the Batman Alter Ego. Completely needed for me.
But once again, fantastic Alfred. Good job Mars Toys!

In the meantime itā€™s out of stock everywhereā€¦ So Iā€™m definitely outā€¦šŸ˜…

What's with the burger? Is that something from the Schumacher films?

What's with the burger? Is that something from the Schumacher films?

Iā€™m not sure if they just found some random 1/6 food molds to throw in with him, or if itā€™s a reference to the Batman Returns McDonaldā€™s tie-in, or the ā€œIā€™ll get drive-thruā€ line in Forever. :lol

The glass of milk makes me think 1966 Batman. He shouldā€™ve come with a diet coke!

Iā€™m not sure if they just found some random 1/6 food molds to throw in with him, or if itā€™s a reference to the Batman Returns McDonaldā€™s tie-in, or the ā€œIā€™ll get drive-thruā€ line in Forever. :lol

The glass of milk makes me think 1966 Batman. He shouldā€™ve come with a diet coke!

7381AA75-A32E-474D-B947-B973B0D583F9.jpeg
0448CFC6-EB35-4F14-B656-C5ED1CD92EEA.jpeg
7379E742-6129-4FC6-96DD-5C8B3C00C15D.jpeg
38F0E879-53F2-484F-B2E6-DAA08179B374.jpeg

Wayne and Alfred use the food to tempt Grayson into staying. Then threatens to throw it out to the dogs.

ā€œAh well, I suppose the dogs are hungryā€

So far I can only find him on KGHobbie, which I've ordered all my 1/6 third party figures from in the past, but the concesus on this board seems less favorable towards them (not sure why).

The irony is that I just realized yesterday that I accidentally put down a 20% pre-order on KG Hobbie for 3, instead of 1.
I think the browser was lagging during the order process. It sure stings having to pay that 15% surcharge of the *full* price for *each* of the accidentally ordered figures just to cancel them. Kind of sours the purchase, but they offered to put those 5% of each into store credit.

Last edited:
Looks amazing in Bredaā€™s review. I just love Mars Toys.

They didnā€™t skimp at all on this even though many would consider Alfred a lackluster secondary character.
They treated this figure like the Star of the show. Tight tailoring, awesome sculpt, perfectly scaled spectacles and a ton of well done accessories.

I hope they just go all out on this line and do as many characters as they can with Bob being the next offering.

Just watched Bredaā€™s review and wow. This is already a contender for one of my favorites of the year. Just looks fantastic.

I love that weā€™re getting this version of Alfred. On the surface just a character in a suit but so important to Batman lore. Just no way I wouldnā€™t want this.

I may need to hunt down a Mars Bruce Wayne to go with him.

Oh, and also Kit sent my invoice. So others may want to be on the lookout as well.

Yeah I'm kinda regretting passing on Bruce and Alfred now. They weren't characters I ever had any desire to own, but these figures have just turned out so damn good.

Back