Mars Toys 1989 Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have sworn there's a still or something of Keaton seated or standing at the batcomputer in a full shot. Maybe a Topps card?

MUCK BOOTS

24C9DEDF-5D05-4653-A167-A3742B60F46B.jpeg

30BD6674-C94A-4DCE-AC96-D8EAB6215A8D.jpeg

Would never guess that from watching the actual film of the same scene,

7DE579E1-B76E-4087-AAA3-C14F3AB2B066.jpeg

Last edited:
I've yet to see a photo confirming his shoes but my plan is to go with sneakers.

A Bruce Wayne who wears Nikes while dressed as a bat clearly puts comfort and support above all else. He was also an early fan of Seinfeld.

Now if someone wanted to make and sell the Kenner outfit in 1:6, they would sell like hotcakes

Hot Toys has the Batman 1989 and Batman Returns license and chooses not to make cool things like Bruce Wayne, variations of Jack Joker, Battle Damaged Batman and Alfred then of course, major villains like Catwoman and Penguin. That’s on them. Even the cool things they do show like the 1/12 Batwing and Batcave Computer Command Center prototypes just never come into fruition.

I like these companies like JazzInc and Mars going around, rubbing it in Hot Toys’ face that they’re making this stuff that Hot Toys won’t whether they have the license (JazzInc) or don’t (Mars). It proves there is a demand for it and that customers want it.

There is no licensing reason for Hot Toys and Sideshow to be asking $350-$400 for a subpar Tobey Maguire Spider-Man. They’re not some little doll company that is just breaking even because “oh, we have to pay licensing and royalty fees”.

Hot Toys has the Batman 1989 and Batman Returns license and chooses not to make cool things like Bruce Wayne, variations of Jack Joker, Battle Damaged Batman and Alfred then of course, major villains like Catwoman and Penguin. That’s on them. Even the cool things they do show like the 1/12 Batwing and Batcave Computer Command Center prototypes just never come into fruition.

I like these companies like JazzInc and Mars going around, rubbing it in Hot Toys’ face that they’re making this stuff that Hot Toys won’t whether they have the license (JazzInc) or don’t (Mars). It proves there is a demand for it and that customers want it.

There is no licensing reason for Hot Toys and Sideshow to be asking $350-$400 for a subpar Tobey Maguire Spider-Man. They’re not some little doll company that is just breaking even because “oh, we have to pay licensing and royalty fees”.
If you don’t realize a big company like Hot Toys has much more in overhead costs than a third party like Mars/Saturn (not just licensing fees), then I don’t see much sense in arguing the point.

Jazzinc is a different beast; fully licensed, but I’d hope no one would argue that their prices are more competitive than Hot Toys. Their products are better, more accurate and with lower production numbers, and they are priced accordingly. And I have no problem paying what they ask, having 3 of their batmobiles, the Batwing, and the Bat-Signal, with 3 more products on preorder.

I just have to roll my eyes when I see posts questioning how a third party can produce a quality product for so much less than a major company like Hot Toys. There are definite economic reasons why.

And no, I’m not a Hot Toys fanboy/apologist; I have less than 15 Hot Toys products in my collection, mostly their BTTF products and a few Batman figures to complement my Jazzinc vehicles.

If you don’t realize a big company like Hot Toys has much more in overhead costs than a third party like Mars/Saturn (not just licensing fees), then I don’t see much sense in arguing the point.

Jazzinc is a different beast; fully licensed, but I’d hope no one would argue that their prices are more competitive than Hot Toys. Their products are better, more accurate and with lower production numbers, and they are priced accordingly. And I have no problem paying what they ask, having 3 of their batmobiles, the Batwing, and the Bat-Signal, with 3 more products on preorder.

I just have to roll my eyes when I see posts questioning how a third party can produce a quality product for so much less than a major company like Hot Toys. There are definite economic reasons why.

And no, I’m not a Hot Toys fanboy/apologist; I have less than 15 Hot Toys products in my collection, mostly their BTTF products and a few Batman figures to complement my Jazzinc vehicles.

I don’t work in the industry but I think there is an element of price gouging on their part, especially for what you get. I think they realized this a few years back and that’s why they try and throw in a huge, hollowed out diorama piece while offering the “standard” barebones version for like $50 less.

It’s not just them. Hasbro is off their rocker with the prices they ask for their Marvel, Star Wars toys too.

White tennis shoes...?
Yeah, shoes look white-ish in the movie but brown in the comic.

Basically, the Keaton sculpt can be plugged into the Jobs figure (more of a gray New Balance shoe).

I bought the figure many years ago direct at their store (I think Legend Toys in Japan) but they must of gone underground since.

Thinking of getting a 2nd figure - Supposedly, the figure can still be purchased through their Instagram @stevejobsmini

Is their Instagram legit or a scam?

1704828361961.jpeg

Having a dude in t-neck and jeans on the shelf without the Batcomputer seems unfinished and he will end up in the back of your display.

At least the tuxedo gives him a little bit of swagger, and that wealthy playboy vibe.

That said, I'm still on the fence whether I really want a Keaton outside of his suit. I'd almost prefer a pristine Batman and a 2nd, battle-damaged version to having a Wayne figure.

White tennis shoes...?
Could be tennis shoes, boat shoes, chukkas…hard to say. IMO, they appear to have a moc toe construction, but that doesn’t exactly narrow things down. Most shoes available from Nike in 88-89, for example, have a moc toe or apron toe style seam and most were available in white. Did the comic adaptation have access to reference material we don’t? If so the tan coloration leans me more toward a chukka or boat shoe, but that’s assuming they weren’t just making up a shoe they couldn’t see or the colorist didn’t take any liberties. Unfortunately, theres just not a lot to go off of here.

Having a dude in t-neck and jeans on the shelf without the Batcomputer seems unfinished and he will end up in the back of your display.

At least the tuxedo gives him a little bit of swagger, and that wealthy playboy vibe.

That said, I'm still on the fence whether I really want a Keaton outside of his suit. I'd almost prefer a pristine Batman and a 2nd, battle-damaged version to having a Wayne figure.
I've been flip flopping on the Bruce and Alfred figures. Regular looking guys in black and white suits don't look that exciting. Mob Boss Joker however...

Back