Mars Toys 1/6 Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have faith they'll take the extra step and tweak this before release

is it even possible gif.gif

From the above selection I like the the middle one in the second row best personally. I think it’s the CK one but I’m not familiar with the artists to say which is which.

I like the second row far right. :rotfl

Does MARS typically tweak sculpts? I’m not too familiar with them.

Love the movie but never had a desire like so many others for a figure. Happy for all of you who have been wanting this.

Mars Toys

Admin
Top contributor
+3
· 3 m ·

Mars Toys 1/6 Chocolate Man Action Figure MAT018

list:

Chocolate Man:

Normal head sculpt*1
Normal head sculpt with hat*1
Laughing expression head sculpt with hat*1
Body*1
Hand type*8
Coat*1
Vest *1
Shirt*1
Bow *1
Pants*1
Socks*2
Hat*1
Plaster half face*1
Half side magnifying glass*1
Chocolate*10
1/6 scale golden ticket*5
1/1 scale golden ticket*1
Golden gear key*1
Candy Rubik's Cube*5
Candy Cup*1
Candy cup (bitten)*1
Candy dish*1
Golden egg with base*1
Cane*1
Mushroom*1
Bottle*1
Cup*1
Spoon*1
Flute*1
Shoes*2
Stand*1
Dwarf:
Head sculpt*1
Body*1
Hand type*6
Clothes*1
Work clothes*1
Socks*2
Shoes*2

m10.jpg

m20.jpg
m21.jpg

m13.jpg

m22.jpg

m23.jpg
m24.jpg
m25.jpg
m26.jpg
m27.jpg

m11.jpg
m12.jpg
m14.jpg

m28.jpg

m15.jpg
m16.jpg

Attachments

• m28.jpg
    m28.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm seeing a lot more Gene Wilder in the sculpt in these new shots, but some angles make it less so, looks like one of those sculpts that in-hand looks a lot better than in photographs. I think adding a little bit of definition the mouth to enhance the unhinged smirk and either more white around the iris or a slightly smaller iris would me a big difference. The iris is just a bit too big and comes off cartoony. As mentioned, the colour of the eyes needs to be lighter too.

10 minute photoshop hack, but I see a lot more Wilder in there already.

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 11.36.51 pm.png

Ordered the set. Now to decide if I want to order an extra Oompa or two. If they offered different expressions for them too I wouldn’t even hesitate getting another.

Ordered the set. Now to decide if I want to order an extra Oompa or two. If they offered different expressions for them too I wouldn’t even hesitate getting another.
Yeah would’ve been smart to have a different sculpt for the single. I mean, who is ordering a single Oompa and NOT also already getting the 2-pack?

Comparison of Wonka's throughout the years, thought be cool to show.

Rocco, Rainman, Scammer8, Synderman, Ck, MG2065
View attachment 636950
View attachment 636951
The one dead center is the clear winner (by a long shot). The rooted hair, complexion, ice-blue eyes, and amused expression all really capture Gene in this role. If I recall this was a very limited custom run over $1000, so for the amount Mars will be charging, I think it's a fine figure for the collection. That said, if Mars really wanted to up their game, they would do well to look closely at that other sculpt/paint and make some revisions before release.

The one dead center is the clear winner (by a long shot). The rooted hair, complexion, ice-blue eyes, and amused expression all really capture Gene in this role. If I recall this was a very limited custom run over $1000, so for the amount Mars will be charging, I think it's a fine figure for the collection. That said, if Mars really wanted to up their game, they would do well to look closely at that other sculpt/paint and make some revisions before release.
The Molecule 8 debacle. Their prototype likeness was far superior. Can’t remember if KA Kim did that one too.

Back