Mars Toys 1/6 Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is definitely off. The hair for sure needs to be adjusted to reflect is usual unkempt appearance. Eyes too need a bit more realism.

Gilgamesh... from The Eternals...

0a3fbba449a8ce45470da9e882ea564a5e4bad97.gif

Even if it doesn’t look the greatest I still might order. For one thing who knows if we’ll ever get another version. Also Mars doesn’t seem to settle for mediocrity so they might change the sculpts.

OK, they got me on this one. Sculpts aren’t going to challenge InArt for sure but add me to the list that is still disappointed the Molecule 8 Wonka never materialized.

When I saw this on Mars' Facebook I was in two minds whether to create a thread because it's one of the most disturbing films of all time. :lol

Luckily, while I was considering whether I wanted my name as the thread creator, Captain Clown did the honours, because I'd have put it in the Horror section. :monkey3

Subject aside, Mars are really making a name for themselves recently. Hopefully they're not going to get stretched too thin.

I do like how much fun the PO seems like it will be for this figure with the chance to win RPs at OSK.

Accessories are fantastic

It’s also interesting (though not surprising here) to see how many ppl say the Depp version sucks when most ppl I know, including my parents, find the original version quite boring.

I know a lot of collectors prefer the Wilder version though considering how many customs have been made of it
Not seeing it available yet at onesixthkit
PO doesn’t start til May 1st. Also, when PO does start, you will probably have to log in to be able to see it

Last edited:
The sculpts are a long way from perfect but it's still refreshing on a day when Hot Toys reveal yet another Trooper with 95% reused parts.
Hot Toys are acting like a parody of themselves these days. I roll my eyes at more releases than I actually take any interest in.

I’m definitely in for this. Was InArt supposed to do this character also?
No, the other comment just referenced InArt as a comparison in quality.

Back