Mars Toys 1/6 Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Molecule 8 debacle. Their prototype likeness was far superior. Can’t remember if KA Kim did that one too.
I don’t think so, there were some photos of a guy working on it over in that thread.

Actually I just got into an argument with someone on FB who posted both a photo of the Molecule8 sculpt and a photo of Gene Wilder with a Molecule8 logo on it, and he was trying to say that the Molecule8 prototype looked miles better in both sculpt and the clothing. I was like, dude, yes the sculpt was better, and there are many photos of it, but they never showed an actual figure prototype. That second photo is just a picture of Gene Wilder. Lol guy was adamant I had no idea what I was talking about.

FB can really be the worst, I do quite appreciate the folks here.

Last edited:
Some more tweaks. Lightened the flesh tone along with the lips, added some blonder highlights to the eyebrows to give a little more definition to them and widened/lengthened the nose very slightly.

Just tooling around doing some back and forth with the photo of Wilder on the top of the previous page.

I think there's a lot of room for making that sculpt in particular very nice indeed.

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 11.36.51 pm.png

My Pennies Worth, It's the mouth in the original Fakebook photo.
Some more tweaks. Lightened the flesh tone along with the lips, added some blonder highlights to the eyebrows to give a little more definition to them and widened/lengthened the nose very slightly.

Just tooling around doing some back and forth with the photo of Wilder on the top of the previous page.

I think there's a lot of room for making that sculpt in particular very nice indeed.

View attachment 637091
Great job, MARS TOYS Please Please Please listen. You are this years best figure winner with the 66' Joker by far...I'm a huge fan Mars Toys, and this post is absolutely great..Well done Sir!

The Molecule 8 debacle. Their prototype likeness was far superior. Can’t remember if KA Kim did that one too.
Shocking paint though that was sculpted by Mike hill.

So rainman was OG and his was over 1000, then mine and mg set which was I believe $1250 and then CK set which was recent which was a whopping $2500.

$268 does seem like a lot but I know we are getting two figures. Hopefully it’s worth it. Mars Toys is one of my favorite up and coming companies though.

Yeah would’ve been smart to have a different sculpt for the single. I mean, who is ordering a single Oompa and NOT also already getting the 2-pack?
That’s a good point. Maybe making a comment on FB bringing that up to Mars explaining that they could really increase the sales on the little guy with a different sculpt could persuade them to do so.

POd this at OSK and applied some reward points as well. So I’m happy.

As for those wanting different face sculpts for the Oompa I think that if people make this opinion known to Mars that they’ll listen. Seriously, Mars is leaving money on the table if they don’t listen to their customers.

They did fix the Romero Joker mustache issue.

View attachment 637091
Yeah I don't know why this and a lot of those other sculpts have the giant iris', small detail really throws off the look

$268 does seem like a lot but I know we are getting two figures. Hopefully it’s worth it. Mars Toys is one of my favorite up and coming companies though.
When you consider what you're getting it's a steal 2 figures + tons of extras.

I agree with you guys regarding Ompa. Even upping the price and Including sculpts would be a win.

Tempted to get two Oompas even with the same sculpt since I’d probably have one holding the egg and the other one doing the hands up dancing pose. Would be nice to have one with a different expression though.

Back