Mars Toys 1/6 Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking bets on them including the meme face and hand

condescending-wonka.gif
They should definitely give us this hand as I'd love to have the option to capture this final scene in the movie with him sitting at his desk ... and moving eyes would make this next level (though I'm holding out zero hope of that). While my ideal Wonka would also have rooted hair, the sculpted hair that they've done captures is well enough if the paint apps are on point. I hope they make his eyes lighter blue (and his hair lighter as well). The only accessory I feel he's missing is this little tin whistle for summoning the Oompa Loompas. These are all little things though - I will be POing this on day one.

Already so many of us talking about the sculpts. One thing to add is the skin tone, it should well be lighter.

Already so many of us talking about the sculpts. One thing to add is the skin tone, it should well be lighter.
For sure, looks like he just got back from Boca. The more I look at the sculpt, it looks like a much younger version of him. What he looked like years before the movie version of him.

Well, the set comes with two Michael Cera sculpts and at least one Jean Wylder... so that's good. The smiling sculpt will work is that's the best we get.

The sculpt do look more stylized than usual, but I honestly don't hate it. The likeness is 100% there, it does the job. Tailoring looks great and the accessories are even better

The smiling sculpt is better than the others. Still think the other two are too stylized. Fix that orange skin tone and the smiling sculpt is a winner and will be the one I display.

Last edited:
The regular sculpt has a sort of MIchael Cera as Bradley Cooper and David Schwimmer's lovechild vibe, but the smiling sculpt is close enough to make this release a win. And that Oompa is such a sweet bonus figure.

Wish there was an option to pick up more Oompas, was thinking for 2-3 to round out this set.

I guess I could buy extra Wonkas. :lol

This Mars set is a great value considering how expensive those custom Wonka figures cost - I had my hopes up for an affordable Wonka with Molecule 8 but we all know how that turned out.

Tbh I really think is bang for buck considering previous set prices, what you're getting is incredible. I'd definitely like to see a photoshop of the eyes lighter blue.

Mars has become my favorite company.

I can't confirm atm but it's possible we might see an Ompa 2 pack.

Last edited:
From the above selection I like the the middle one in the second row best personally. I think it’s the CK one but I’m not family with the artists to say which is which.
Same, closest but none of them really nail it. Fix the giant iris' and it'd be better

The man himself if we need a better reminder
NHVlxrL.jpg

Mars has made a huge name for themselves with the success of the Ramero Joker. I have faith they'll take the extra step and tweak this before release, so day 1 pre-order for me.

Back