Marilyn Monroe 1:6 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
Was wondering why there hasnt been many 1:6 scale Marilyn Monroe figures....Whats the chances of Sideshow, Hot Toys or Enterbay getting the rights to doing a good decent Monroe figure?

I know Hot Toys has done a Marlon Brando, James Dean figures...Marilyn Monroe seems to be right up their alley....she would be a perfect fit in their Hot Angels line....

just a suggestion...;)

Was wondering why there hasnt been many 1:6 scale Marilyn Monroe figures....Whats the chances of Sideshow, Hot Toys or Enterbay getting the rights to doing a good decent Monroe figure?

I know Hot Toys has done a Marlon Brando, James Dean figures...Marilyn Monroe seems to be right up their alley....she would be a perfect fit in their Hot Angels line....

just a suggestion...;)
--

IIRC . . .

Mattel produced one or more versions of Barbie as Marilyn.

I believe Toys McCoy produced a version of Marilyn using the Hasbro GI JANE body with modifications and a custom head some years back. She was dressed up in a flight jacket and some basics as she looked when she was visiting US troops (i.e. USO tour) during the Korean War.

It would be nice to see a well done and worthwhile 1:6 version of Marilyn Monroe . . . done right and not as some limited articulation statue.

Of course . . . how much is the license going to cost and how much is it going to cost collectors like us? How much would we pay for a 1:6 version of Marilyn Monroe?

Yeah, I'd buy a well done Marilyn. Preferably this costume:
019_1374~Marilyn-Monroe-Posters.jpg

Yeah. The reason I ask is because my fiance is a HUGE Monroe fan, and she collects the Barbie Monroes...although nice in their own right, Id like to add a good quality Monroe figure to my 1:6 scale collection for her. I know there are some REALLY nice Franklin Mint Porcelin Moroe figures...I was thinking of getting the one where she is sitting with a white dress on a bench. No articulation though.

I just though HT would be interested, but Im not sure how much the license would be and may not be worth it to them as a company....making money and what not.

Im sure it would sell though. :D

--

IIRC . . .

Mattel produced one or more versions of Barbie as Marilyn.

I believe Toys McCoy produced a version of Marilyn using the Hasbro GI JANE body with modifications and a custom head some years back. She was dressed up in a flight jacket and some basics as she looked when she was visiting US troops (i.e. USO tour) during the Korean War.

It would be nice to see a well done and worthwhile 1:6 version of Marilyn Monroe . . . done right and not as some limited articulation statue.

Of course . . . how much is the license going to cost and how much is it going to cost collectors like us? How much would we pay for a 1:6 version of Marilyn Monroe?

As much as I want to see (and buy) a 1:6 Marilyn Monroe . . . all things considered . . . there are other IMHO more worthwhile classic Hollywood and B-grade/cult status female icons I definitely would buy in 1:6 before a 1:6 Marilyn Monroe . . . such as . . .

Bettie Page
Jayne Mansfield
Sophia Loren
Raquel Welch
Cher

I apologize for the thread "hijack"/"diversion".

I have one of the Barbie type figures, it's OK but pretty generic. I also have the Toys McCoy one, I reviewed it here a while back, she's pretty nice... but a lot has happened in the last six or seven years!

And I too really want a Bettie Page figure... and the good news is Executive Replicas have one in the pipeline-
Home page
Product page
No pics yet, except the one on the home page, but she's coming!

I have one of the Barbie type figures, it's OK but pretty generic. I also have the Toys McCoy one, I reviewed it here a while back, she's pretty nice... but a lot has happened in the last six or seven years!

And I too really want a Bettie Page figure... and the good news is Executive Replicas have one in the pipeline-
Home page
Product page
No pics yet, except the one on the home page, but she's coming!

Oh my god, I love pin up girls, That's a buy for me.

Back