Marilyn Monroe 1:6 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Toys McCoy Marilyn and it still holds up. The head sculpt could be a little better and the paint for the hair makes it look like it's made out of candy, but the body and costume are perfect. I especially like how they modified the body to reflect Marilyn's physique. It can't be displayed in skimpier clothing but, works in the outfit they gave her.

Here's the review:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110304b.htm

I'd still buy a Hot Toys Marilyn if they made one though, she needs an update.

I have the Toys McCoy Marilyn and it still holds up. The head sculpt could be a little better and the paint for the hair makes it look like it's made out of candy, but the body and costume are perfect. I especially like how they modified the body to reflect Marilyn's physique. It can't be displayed in skimpier clothing but, works in the outfit they gave her.

Here's the review:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110304b.htm

I'd still buy a Hot Toys Marilyn if they made one though, she needs an update.

WOW, that was a blast from the past, I think that was one of my earliest reviews, and you're right, it does still hold up well.

Anyone familiar with this Franklin Mint piece?

_Bc_IO__B2k___KGrHqUOKkMEq5Y0SbQsBK24DE5DsQ___1.JPG

_Bc_IRmgBmk___KGrHqYOKi4Eq5gv_n_qBK24DM0CV____1.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all,

I agree, Hot Toys should revisit the 50s icons, specifically Marilyn and Elvis. Here are some pics of a rare Barbie Marylin that I have that I think has a very nice likeness. I am getting the new pale Phicen Seamless body for her that I think will work great with it.

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3974b.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

That one is pretty good. Which version is that?

Hi all,

I agree, Hot Toys should revisit the 50s icons, specifically Marilyn and Elvis. Here are some pics of a rare Barbie Marylin that I have that I think has a very nice likeness. I am getting the new pale Phicen Seamless body for her that I think will work great with it.

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3974b.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

Some necroposting for those who still might be interested. Check this out.

Yup. That 1/4 statue from Blitzway is looking really good, although it's not the 1/6 scale people were hoping for in this thread.

I usually stick to the traditional comic/video game and sports line of collectibles but I appreciated the craftsmanship that went into sculpting this Marilyn - so I had to get it.

My statue is getting delivered this week from BBTS. I hope the final in hand turns out to be good as the prototypes. Looking forward to displaying it.

oh, you're right!

I just quickly glanced at the first photo and assumed it was the 1/4 Blitzway statue.

Must be a knockoff but the sculpt looks almost identical. For display purposes, this would take a lot less shelf space.

Back