Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust by Triforce

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get the Locust Drone maquette for $300 shipped on eBay. Incredible deal. No way I was paying $650 for it.

I would, however, pay at least $500 for Marcus. I'm a hardcore Gears fan and if I had the money, I'd put down the $1K for the 1:1 replica lancer.

The Marcus bust is a MUST OWN for me.

I was able to get the Locust Drone maquette for $300 shipped on eBay. Incredible deal. No way I was paying $650 for it.

I would, however, pay at least $500 for Marcus. I'm a hardcore Gears fan and if I had the money, I'd put down the $1K for the 1:1 replica lancer.

The Marcus bust is a MUST OWN for me.

I picked the Drone up for $350 shipped.

Initial reaction: It's nice but it's hollow and made out of resin/plastic. It reminded my of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Col. Sanders piggy bank I had when I was a kid, just painted instead of white plastic. No way is it worth $650. I don't think it should cost more than $200. Sideshow busts are far superior. Paint job was very nice. A little too glossy but overall very well painted.

I hope Marcus is made out of polystone or something similar.

I picked the Drone up for $350 shipped.

Initial reaction: It's nice but it's hollow and made out of resin/plastic. It reminded my of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Col. Sanders piggy bank I had when I was a kid, just painted instead of white plastic. No way is it worth $650. I don't think it should cost more than $200. Sideshow busts are far superior. Paint job was very nice. A little too glossy but overall very well painted.

I hope Marcus is made out of polystone or something similar.

pics??:slap

wow...thats definitely not what I expected to see. :nono

All tho the sculpt is bad ass, the paint job is a fail.
I can probably paint that better. :lecture

Definitely not worth what they're asking for. I'm glad Fritz got it cheaper.

I thought the same thing on the paint job. Managed to find one for $300 shipped, which is the maximum I'd pay for this.

Marcus is looking MUCH better...

The paint job isn't that bad. It just looks that way when super zoomed in on pictures. It looks nice sitting beside my TV in normal viewing. I'm still pissed I paid $350 for it though.

https://epicgames.com/news/marcus-fenix-epic-scale-bustsavailable-for-pre-order-from-triforce

On Sale Wednesday, July 21, 2010 Online & At Our San Diego Comic Con Booth Number 2601

TriForce Sales, LLC announced today that it has finalized work on its “Gears of War 2” Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust and the exclusive Gold Lancer edition Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust available only at the San Diego Comic Con and https://www.projecttriforce.com. The piece was sculpted and art directed by Erick Sosa. Paint work handled by Jordu Schell. The Epic Scale bust is a highly detailed likeness of the winner of the Embry Star and hero the COG army. Marcus is presented from the stomach up, in his right hand he holds his Lancer and clinched in his left fist are the COG tags of fallen comrades. From the bottom of the base to the top of the Lancer the piece is an impressive 32 inches in height. The Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust will feature LED effects through out the entirety of the piece including the signature COG Lancer Assault Rifle being held. The Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust will retail for $350.00 USD and will be limited to a run of 500 units. The Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Gold Lancer Edition Bust will retail for $400.00 USD and be limited to 100 pieces available exclusively at the San Diego Comic Con and https://www.projecttriforce.com.

“When deciding which character to create for our new Epic Scale Bust line, we knew it had to be Marcus Fenix. The facial expression, armor, and Lancer were all sculpted with the utmost attention to detail. We knew we wanted our Epic Scale line to tell a story with each piece. The base itself depicts destroyed beauty and the cherub head from the iconic ‘Mad World’ trailer are all part of the storytelling aspect created by our design team,” said Drew Seldin, of TriForce. “We are looking forward to seeing what fans think! The TriForce team is proud to present this to all the millions of Gears fans out there. We hope Gearheads will proudly display Marcus as they take on the Locust Horde.”

“TriForce shares our vision for the Gears franchise, and they realize what we’re going for with each piece they create,” said Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna. “The attention to detail is second to none and their love for this project shows. The ‘Gears of War 2’ Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust is simply amazing and working with TriForce has been a pleasure, once again.”

The Marcus Fenix Epic Scale Bust and Marcus Fenix Gold Lancer Edition Bust will be on display and for sale online and at our San Diego Comic Con booth number 2601 starting Wednesday night.

REGULAR

standardlancer9198300.jpg

SDCC EXCLUSIVE

goldlancer9392371.jpg

Last edited:
Back