Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

B) Honing your senses has nothing to do with hand to hand combat. Which is exactly what was happening and why Faora was beating the breaks off of him in IHOP. :slap

C) None of what you said in this moronic diatribe contrdicts a thing I said.

To show how silly you are, Kal was saving people from before the suit. So you're saying that once he puts it on, he completely spaces out and forgets there are people around him? :slap:slap

B) Sigh, "Honing your senses has nothing to do in fight".... dumb, just dumb, stop right there...

Seriously, did you watch the movie? When Faora was fighting Supes she had her suit on, the suit protects them from being overwhelmed by their nigh omniscient senses, that's why at the very moment they lost their helmets, they went crazy and fled, same for Zod, it was only Zod who was beginning to get a grasp of it at the end of the movie, learning to focus.

C) Actually, I don't need to debunk you, which I have been doing, your arguments debunk themselves.

Oh, one little thing, before he had his suit, there was no Alien tri-fecta trying to bone him....

You're not making one inch of sense. :slap:slap:slap

Last edited:

Sure. But at least Reeves tried to save people. Cavill didn't even try to save anyone aside from Lois.

I think this has been proved patently false over and over in this very thread. So why keep saying it? Even as someone who had issues with the ending, especially at first, he clearly saved quite a few people personally.

Did he let his emotions get the better of him at times? Sure, but I think that was part of humanizing him.

Gorilla tactics and homefield advantage. Plus comperable weapons technology.

"Something worth fighting for", didn't work out too well for indiginous people.

Yes, because he was learning guerrilla warfare while he was working on that tuna boat.

Every comment you make is ludicrous.

3 people. A soldier, Chris Maloni, and Lois Lane. Why do I keep saying it? Because people keep trying to justify it. Superman could save people AND stop the terrformer easily. It doesn't make any sense to me.

3 people. A soldier, Chris Maloni, and Lois Lane. Why do I keep saying it? Because people keep trying to justify it. Superman could save people AND stop the terrformer easily. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Easily? dude, he was getting the beating of his life, when he saved that guy from the falling chopper immediately Faora and the Big guy were on top of him.

Sure. But at least Reeves tried to save people. Cavill didn't even try to save anyone aside from Lois.

You might need to see the movie again.

He saved the soldier who fell out of the spinning helicopter, and everyone on the C-17 that Zod was about to blow out of the sky, not to mention an entire family at the end that Zod was about to fry.

Superman IS stronger than any of them. He's been soaking up Earth's atmosphere and yellow sun's rays his whole life, and has also learned to adapt. I thought that was pretty explicitly clear. Faora is just a better hand-to-hand fighter than even Zod, which also makes sense given her role.

For me, that's not enough. Not nearly enough.

I hate doing this...but if I did the film, the battles would be peppered with Superman swooping in during a few seconds of down time to help countless people. That's him being a hero. That's what I wanted to see.

Hell, I would even take him swooping in trying to save someone from being crushed, and then Zod swoops in and knocks him way. And Superman has to watch the building crush a helpless group of people. That would've been powerful. More powerful then punching. It would've added a ton of suspense, because Superman has no intention to fight Zod, he just wants to save the humans and stop the machine.

There should have been more cat and baby rescuing imo :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbbLT94L-T0[/ame]

He should've tried. At least. That's all I wanted.

That's cool. Others are just more inclined to go with what happened than what should've been :wink1:

That's funny reading that back, we're more inclined to go with what happened for this but remain dissapointed by what should've been for Mandarin and you want what should've been with this but are able to go with the flow concerning Mandarin :lol

Strange how people react differently

You might need to see the movie again.

He saved the soldier who fell out of the spinning helicopter, and everyone on the C-17 that Zod was about to blow out of the sky, not to mention an entire family at the end that Zod was about to fry.

Wasn't that the C-17 with the bomb on it? :lol

I swear, the more and more I go back and forth with you, the more I have a feeling you're special needs.

Faora beats Superman down in the IHOP, without even being fully acclimated to the envirnment. Zod can barley fight Superman on equal footing, even when he full adapts to his senses. Therefore, either Superman is inherently stronger OR you have to suspend belief and accept that a man who's never fought a day in his life, can fight against trained soldiers. If you accept that, that's fine, but to not accept, that it's exactly what's portrayed, makes you....I'm trying to be nice.

Yeah I have special needs, I need you to stop being so stupid, I'm not even joking.

Faora was NOT acclimated, she had her SUIT, sigh, seriously, you have a serious reading deficit, the moment the helmet failed, she had to be rescued by the big guy.

And Zod wasn't fully adapted to his senses nor the environment, Superman was pushing his limits while Zod was barely discovering his new senses ....

Do you remember the line where Zod tells Jor-el:

Jor El: "Our race can coexist."

Zod: "Do you want us to be in pain for years trying to adapt like your son?".

He was nowhere near the level or mastering his senses as Superman did.

Don't try to be nice, you're the dumbass here.

Last edited:

Some of you continue to overlook the obvious bigger picture: This is not a full-blown Superman yet. He's not going to do all of the things a veteran Supes would do. For crissakes he hasn't even had to wash his cape yet.

Also, and this is even bigger: There will be direct consequences for the destruction in this movie, and Zod's death at the hands of Superman. And that will play out in the other film(s).

That's cool. Others are just more inclined to go with what happened than what should've been :wink1:

That's funny reading that back, we're more inclined to go with what happened for this but remain dissapointed by what should've been for Mandarin and you want what should've been with this but are able to go with the flow concerning Mandarin :lol

Strange how different things react differently

Well, I don't care about Superman, or Mandarin or any of that in the comics. I like the films.

But The Mandarin isn't the main character. He's a side character. Superman is the main character. We follow him, we're with him through most of the movie. And I just didn't really like the guy by the end,

2 things annoyed me.
The dildos? Seriously WTF lol
The way Amy adams was waving her arms when she fell from the explosion, felt so phony she was no scared at all.

Back