Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

946426_10151446326157344_1735765606_n.jpg

10141_10151446325947344_2124552190_n.jpg

969721_10151446325997344_819147147_n.jpg

945922_10151446326072344_556535160_n.jpg

375602_10151446326042344_1331817895_n.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

Yeaaaah, i'm not falling for this twisty bull**** you're trying to pull on me.

You go see a film you're looking forward too, and it turns out to be not as good, you're going to get angry. People have been doing it about Iron Man 3 for weeks. I disagree with them...heavily, but that's their right to do so. Because they paid money for something they didn't enjoy.

My reaction isn't a fan boy reaction. It's me watching the movie, and not being invested because there was nothing to latch on to. Things happened, and the movie ended.

I had such high hopes for it. But it just didn't work for me. So it made me angry.

Art can elicit many emotions. Some are positive, some are negative. So you're way of throwing that onto me doesn't work.

Go see the movie. Like it, or hate it. Post here. Agree. Disagree. Argue, whatever. That's what movie fans do. Other wise, what's the point of being a movie fan?

No "twisty bull****" here, your reaction genuinely baffled me. Maybe it was your defensive nature to interpret it that way, which wouldn't be surprising judging by your response to my initial post and claim that I'm "obviously going to ride this movie up and down..."

Ultimately, people make the decision to pay money to see a movie, you're not forced into it by anybody. If it turns out to be not as good as you thought, or different, that's your prerogative, and your 'anger' should be directed at yourself, not the movie.

To those of you who loved it... I am wondering.. How old are you guys?? I am starting to wonder if I am just getting to old for this **** ;) I am 42.

Weird... I loved Avengers and the Dark Knight films but this one just left me cold and empty.

I'm 40 bud.

Why don't you see the movie so we can have a proper discussion? Instead of giving me a psyche test.

Maybe it wasn't anger I felt, but frustration. I wanted to love this movie. I tried, very ****ing hard to love it. But it didn't connect with me emotionally, and I wanted it to end.

Maybe i'll give it another go some day. But this flick was very, very disappointing. And I love me some dumb action. But I expected better of this movie. I expected to care about these characters.

See? I'm not afraid to give my negative opinion, whoever said that. Bring it on. No one's wrong if they like this movie. I can see why everyone would dig it.

Nope, I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on the film's quality.

I'm just merely expressing my disbelief that people allow something as harmless as a movie, an art form, to affect them so much that it stirs up an exhaustive emotion such as anger.

You regularly complain of people's overreactions to movies, how people are too picky now, and how you hate "fanboy" reactions. Yet it seems to me that you have just demonstrated those exact attributes.

:hi5::goodpost:

My problems with the movie aren't picky, or petty. Actually, it's really only one problem. But it's such a big important, and basic element I don't think the film really had.

I'll say some good things tomorrow. I just need a breather. Maybe it's not quite as bad or frustrating as I thought. But it wasn't what I hoped for. I'm willing to assume I could be to blame for possibly unrealistic expectations. Maybe. Who knows. I need time to think.

Last edited:

My Review: First off let me start by saying I had a lot of problems with TDKR. One of the most persistent people. BUT if anybody walked out of that MOS disappointed I honestly feel bad for you because your life must be just miserable.

It indeed did have a little too much action. I'd say 30% of the action could have not been there and I still would have loved it. Crowe, Shannon, Cavill all owned it.

The movie's biggest weakness: Some really poor dialogue. Any fans of "No I came back to stop you" from TDKR? Well let's just say it was obvious Goyer wrote both movies at the same time. Other weaknesses:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Strengths: Clark was the American Kansas boy. He had the charm, it just wasn't 70's or 80's charm. He was perfect for this movie. Jor-el=total badass. The one figure I was sure I wouldn't buy. Count me in. ZOD=I want him
Spoiler Spoiler:
. Costume didn't bother me one bit and neither did the "grayness." I didn't even notice it.

Thoughts:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

sb3.jpg

All jokes aside , gonna see this tomorrow not expecting much,not a big fan of supes but im hoping ill be suprised.

Kinda bummed to see such a low rating on rt but i've seen some high rated movies I didn't care for so, high hopes!

To those of you who loved it... I am wondering.. How old are you guys?? I am starting to wonder if I am just getting to old for this **** ;) I am 42.

Weird... I loved Avengers and the Dark Knight films but this one just left me cold and empty.

I wonder if I'm getting too old to get ultra excited as well about movies etc lol

I do wonder though if the ones that loved it and fail to see any flaws or issues at all, are the ones that don't care about story, or how a movie flows or is made. They love their action, cgi and superman, and no amount of issues (if any) will convince them otherwise. Or are all the critics and other fans wrong, and this movie is that good and flawless? Story just as good as the action?

I will have to see myself, because on one side it's the most epic thing ever, on the other it's good, but has it's issues and gets a little over the top it seems and you don't care as much.

Or are the mega fans going to say the movie will be a 10/10 masterpiece and best movie of the year and 10X better than Avengers, no matter what. :dunno

Even if this is a good movie, no reason to bash Avengers in the process. Avengers is a damn good movie, if not the the one comic movie that struck the perfect balance of action, humor, story, characters and leaves a hell of a smile on your face after watching it and connects with you.

Last edited:

The ones that loved it and fail to see any flaws or issues at all, are the ones that don't care about story, or how a movie flows or is made. They love their action, cgi and superman, and no amount of issues (if any) will convince them otherwise.

I call it "The In Denial Fan" syndrome. The movie will be a 10/10 masterpiece and best movie of the year and 10X better than Avengers, no matter what. :dunno

And those that will not let them be honest and admit that Avengers is a damn good movie, if not the the one comic movie that struck the perfect balance of action, humor, story, characters and leaves a hell of a smile on your face after watching it and connects with you more, are again in denial (or just pissed Rises didn't get ALL the attention that year lol)

If I were you I'd stop classifying fake syndromes because you don't know what you're talking about. I enjoy all the things you mentioned "I" hate and I faulted TDKR for them. I loved this movie. It was fun, it brought superman to life for me.

I still cant belive what I just saw.
the critics at rotten tomatos should get hit with the MASSIVE beam from ZOD'S SHIP.

BEYOND UNREAL !! this is BEYOND movie of 2013.
I'm speechless !!! ..................................................

I want to go back right now and see it again.
OMG ! huge applause from the audience.

this kills AVANGERS IRON MAN 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000XXXX

You seem out to get Avengers or something? lol
When that movie is undeniably considered one of the best comic movie of all time, and now you seem to bash it lol

why can't ALL these movies be good comic movies? :monkey3

If I were you I'd stop classifying fake syndromes because you don't know what you're talking about. I enjoy all the things you mentioned "I" hate and I faulted TDKR for them. I loved this movie. It was fun, it brought superman to life for me.

So no faults for you at all? Perfection? Movie of the year hands down?
10 out 10? That's great then.
I guess I have nothing to worry about then when I go see this.

I just want honest reviews that's all. The good and the bad (if any).

Last edited:

Why must you guys even take the trouble to convince each other what is good or not... It's all subjective anyway.

I rather focus on myself than convince someone something so frivolous as what comic movie is good...etc.

Youch...

Why must you guys even take the trouble to convince each other what is good or not... It's all subjective anyway.

I rather focus on myself than convince someone something so frivolous as what comic movie is good...etc.

Youch...

But it's fun to stir up trouble here ! :rotfl :monkey3

just woke up and all I want to do is skip class and go see this movie again.

I went to sleep with a smile on my face just thinking about flying like he did for the first time.

this movie is just amazing.

going to see it all weekend.

review after my class.

Back