Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Butterfly in a chain? That's really intelligent and deep. Not.

You just can't wait to fillet anything Zack Snyder does, :lol

And I don't know why you think it's trying to be deep? :dunno It's just a TEASER that's sole purpose is to create mainstream awareness for the film which is still nearly a year out. And Nolan & Zack both agreed that since it was debuting with TDKR that it strike a similar tone, which is essentially, "This isn't what you've seen before." For crissakes they even used the same fonts and type style as the TDK films and INCEPTION. That's not a coincidence.

Memento? The Prestige? They sucked.

wtfgif-1.gif

You just can't wait to fillet anything Zack Snyder does, :lol

And I don't know why you think it's trying to be deep? :dunno It's just a TEASER that's sole purpose is to create mainstream awareness for the film which is still nearly a year out. And Nolan & Zack both agreed that since it was debuting with TDKR that it strike a similar tone, which is essentially, "This isn't what you've seen before." For crissakes they even used the same fonts and type style as the TDK films and INCEPTION. That's not a coincidence.

How close is my plot/theme outline :monkey3

Well, you can't please everyone :dunno

Inception, BB and TDK also have their fair share of haters

However, if you look at what MOST people think - none of his films have been any less than very well received

I'm not really bothered by what most people think. I am excited about the Nolan Snyder combo. I can feel the hate for not fully appreciating the great one's work but wotevs I thought those two were not flash.

He co-wrote the story :nana:

The man has yet to disappoint in anything that he's done. There hasn't been a film before this that he co-wrote but didn't direct though as far as i'm aware.

So potential for failure is very much there :lol

:nono Coming up with plot points is not writing. :tap

I haven't read it. :( Where is it?

(I bet you're a better writer than Goyer :lol)

:lol I doubt it

:lol

It's a teaser - it was exactly the right tone IMO

Everything Ive read, heard or seen about this feels like they're really going to show Clark's journey to becoming Superman, his struggle to connect with humanity while knowing he is not one of them, and answering the question of why is he here, what's his purpose?
That will I feel constitute the first Act (this teaser)

I think when he does finally reveal himself to the world, they will be terrified of him (reminds me of Falcone's line from BB.. 'you always fear what you don't understand'), and it will attempt to convey the pure awe of what this being is capable of in a more realistic way.
That will be Act two

I guess the last act will involve him doing extraordinary things to save the world from some threat, which will finally grant him acceptance as a hero and not someone to be feared

Or I could be completely off the mark :lol

Huh, so it is the death scene music.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pWjiFxXkg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pWjiFxXkg[/ame]

Dunno why people are upset with it because of that, TBH I think it actually works better in that teaser.

I don't see anything "cheesy" about the teaser either. Complete opposite of that imo. If you want cheesy, go listen to the dialogue in Avengers..or the original Superman theme song that everyone seems to love beyond belief. :chase

I was expecting a trailer similar to the ones for transformers...but I like this much better. It's more emotionally powerful and intense I guess. Makes me want to run a hundred miles.

Williams score cheesy? Probably the best theme music ever written for a movie.

I also realized it was Gandalf's death music in the teaser and it did not work at all. Love that music but not for Superman. Bad choice.

Back